• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

would you vote in favor of abortion in referendum ??

would you vote in favor of abortion ?

• Total voters

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
- legal up untill 12 weeks for every woman

- legal in case of rape

- legal in case of health risk

1. - legal up untill 12 weeks for every woman

2. - legal in case of rape

3. - legal in case of health risk

1. I am ok with abortions pass 12 weeks since around the 12 week mark the human fetus has nothing special about it that would make me want to give it personhood. I can understand limits pass 20 weeks since that is when the unborn actually have something to them like sentience and having a mind instead of a random 12 week cutoff point

2. Yes especially

3. Always

- legal in case of rape

Far too broad. Depression over simply being pregnant can be considered a health risk.

The OP is specific in terms of restrictions (ie 12 weeks), so I don't agree.

- legal in case of rape

Yes, I would have it remain legal for rape, incest and health risks. In fact, if a legitimate medical problem showed up past the 12-week mark, I would even support the woman's choice to decide to abort after that point.

No, it needs to be illegal in cases of rape and the limit needs to be at implantation. Anything beyond that is unacceptable in my view.

You're up rather late brother Pero. Do you suppose Walker mentioned the ultrasound during his recall vote?

Tell me about it, just waiting on the wife as she finishes making som tom for tomorrow. Way past my ed time.

Nope, 6-8 weeks would be the absolute outset and I would still want conditions attached

- legal in case of rape

Nope, not without judicial determination supported by objective evidence the baby was conceived by rape. People who are so careless as to not use birth control and so heartless as to kill their own baby as a matter of convenience would just be claiming rape or accusing people falsely.

Nope. Pregnancy itself is a "health risk."

- legal in case of rape

No. 12 weeks is too restrictive, especially for women in coercive situations. Women in abusive relationships, or teens having to work through the court system in particular.

But even in general, 12 weeks is not long. Many women don't know they're pregnant until the beginning of the 2nd trimester, or even beyond.

Keep in mind, that first month doesn't actually exist. We could gestational age starting from the beginning of the last period, so she wasn't even pregnant during the first 4 weeks or so. We do this to give us a nice round number (40 weeks), and also because it simplifies having to guess the date of implantation, which is the medical landmark for the true beginning of a pregnancy.

So in reality, we're discussing 8 weeks. For women with irregular periods, or women who experience early bleeding in pregnancy (which doesn't always indicate problems, and often occurs at the same time a regular period would), or women who simply don't have symptoms of pregnancy, it is very easy to go a couple months without realizing you're pregnant.

Add on top of that that getting an abortion appointment quickly is impossible in a lot of places, and then you have to worry about going over the already tight limit while you're waiting for your appointment.

This leaves too many women out in the cold, and worsens the situation for women experiencing abuse and coercion. No deal.

Last edited:
No. 12 weeks is too restrictive, especially for women in coercive situations. Women in abusive relationships, or teens having to work through the court system in particular.

But even in general, 12 weeks is not long. Many women don't know they're pregnant until the beginning of the 2nd trimester, or even beyond.

Keep in mind, that first month doesn't actually exist. We could gestational age starting from the beginning of the last period, so she wasn't even pregnant during the first 4 weeks or so. We do this to give us a nice round number (40 weeks), and also because it simplifies having to guess the date of implantation, which is the medical landmark for the true beginning of a pregnancy.

So in reality, we're discussing 8 weeks. For women with irregular periods, or women who experience early bleeding in pregnancy (which doesn't always indicate problems, and often occurs at the same time a regular period would), or women who simply don't have symptoms of pregnancy, it is very easy to go a couple months without realizing you're pregnant.

Add on top of that that getting an abortion appointment quickly is impossible in a lot of places, and then you have to worry about going over the already tight limit while you're waiting for your appointment.

This leaves too many women out in the cold, and worsens the situation for women experiencing abuse and coercion. No deal.

l wanted to see some pro lifers's degree of empathy tahts why l limited it to 12 weeks.but it seems they will always lack it :lol:

- legal in case of rape

It would help if there was a specific list of the "health risks" alluded to here. Can someone with medical knowledge please educate us?

it would help if there was a specific list of the "health risks" alluded to here. Can someone with medical knowledge please educate us?

haha!!!!!!!!

haha!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I do not understand this response. The only 'health risk' mentioned in this thread is depression, which can be highly suspect. I have heard (but cannot confirm) of situations where a partial birth abortion was performed for reasons of the health of the mother. If the baby was being born and partially exposed, what risks to the mother can accompany this situation?

I am asking for help in understanding. If you are going to laugh, I prefer you not respond at all.

Seriously, I do not understand this response. The only 'health risk' mentioned in this thread is depression, which can be highly suspect. I have heard (but cannot confirm) of situations where a partial birth abortion was performed for reasons of the health of the mother. If the baby was being born and partially exposed, what risks to the mother can accompany this situation?

I am asking for help in understanding. If you are going to laugh, I prefer you not respond at all.

l didnt claim l was doctor

okay you are conservative

no need to discuss .)))))))

1.)- legal in case of rape

no 12 weeks is too early in my opinions especially since some women dont fine out until then specifically ones on BC that failed them and as greatly effected or limited their cycles.
Also I see no reason to infringe on the life of the woman and force her against her will to risk her life and take away her rights before viability.

yes always in case of rape, while everybody is entitled to their opinions its disgusting to me that anybody would grant an abortion for a rape victim.

case by case as always after the limit

Back
Top Bottom