• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would YOU vote for this guy?

Would you vote for this man for President?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Caine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Short and Simple..........

brown_conference_speech.jpg

Would you vote for him??????

Your problem being? That he is black? Or that he is a Democrat?

Having no idea who you are talking about, I can safely say that I did not and would not vote for the person who made statements of that nature.

:mrgreen:

Edit: Of course, the opponent of the unknown person was only fractionally (very small fraction) better, and I would not vote for him again either, give any even slightly better option.

Last edited:
Your problem being? That he is black? Or that he is a Democrat?

That his ideas suck ass and everyone knows it.

This white guy would have never been elected.

And dont go calling me a racist... I got this idea, and this image, from a black female's blog I was reading today.

That his ideas suck ass and everyone knows it.

Says.... who? You? Our closet racist? Well alright. Caine. Just come out of the closet already. We know.

This white guy would have never been elected.

Why not?

And dont go calling me a racist... I got this idea, and this image, from a black female's blog I was reading today.

Oh no! A black blogger! That's a superhero or something. What next? You're gonna tell us how many black friends you have? And how you 'use' to listen to DMX? Well mkay there.

http://www.collegenet.com/elect/app/app?service=external/Forum&sp=25295

Stop calling me a racist! said:
The high school I went had a very large black and hispanic population. I was occasionally made fun of for coming from a middle-class family and being white. How is that any different from me making fun of someone for coming from a low-income family and being black or hispanic? It's not. And yet it seems to be acceptable in our society to make me a deserving victim of taunts, but not the other way around. Personally I am tired of being called a racist because I was born looking the way I do - isn't that being racist in return?

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/letters.html

That websites a joke right? If not I have to say I'm sort of appalled and EMBARRASSED by what I'm reading here. You make a WEBSITE dedicated to the fact that you happen to have black friends? Let me ask you this, if you think that having black friends is novelty enough that you'd make a corny poorly designed website dedicated to it.... you're singling out black people as somehow being different enough that it's strange for whites to befriend them. That as far as I'm concerned is a form of racism. By the way, the pictures that you've plastered all over your site are ridiculous. Unless this is in fact a joke site, I feel that you've basically eliminated all your credibility.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCbD9o948ec"]YouTube- Dave Chappelle - Racist[/nomedia]

We know Caine. You're not racist. You just think there is no way a black Democrat could have been elected after Bush. No way at all.

Last edited:
Because his ideas suck, and he wouldnt bring any nostalgic "First <insert minority group here> President" achievement, so who gives a **** about him.

Barrack Obama brought people to the polls who would not have even bothered to go to the polls just because of the color of his skin. Its not racist for pointing this out.

As for the rest of your post, its just a bunch of race baiting that I wont respond directly to.

I would if he's better than the alternative.
True, true.

I hated the last presidential election...

Both candidates were somewhere near the bottom of my list.

Because his ideas suck,

What is your point exactly? That there is no way a black guy with ideas you don't like and want to misrepresent could have elected?

What is your point exactly? That there is no way a black guy with ideas you don't like and want to misrepresent could have elected?
I think he's trying to say that a white guy who said those things wouldn't get elected...

I think he's trying to say that a white guy who said those things wouldn't get elected...

DING DING DING DING DING.

We have a winner.

Barack Obama got millions of people out to the polls to vote for him, who normally would not have left home on election night, not because of his ideas, but because many people reacted to the color of his skin. Because either they self-identified with him, or because they had 'white guilt' as member 1069 likes to call it, or because they thought it was their duty to be involved in a historical event.

To those that didnt vote for one of the above mentioned reasons, I concede that Obama did a good job of propagandizing a slogan that made people view he was actually going to take the country in a different direction than President Bush, who most Americans, even conservatives, were quite pissed off at.

We have a winner.

Barack Obama got millions of people out to the polls to vote for him, who normally would not have left home on election night, not because of his ideas, but because many people reacted to the color of his skin. Because either they self-identified with him, or because they had 'white guilt' as member 1069 likes to call it, or because they thought it was their duty to be involved in a historical event.

To those that didnt vote for one of the above mentioned reasons, I concede that Obama did a good job of propagandizing a slogan that made people view he was actually going to take the country in a different direction than President Bush, who most Americans, even conservatives, were quite pissed off at.

Or, like I said, voters considered him better than the alternative.

We have a winner.

So then what you're saying is that there is no way a black guy who said things you disagreed with could have been elected because a white guy who would say the same things you disagreed with couldn't have gotten elected?

Oh look a bunch of stuff taken either out of context or in the worst possible light.

What inspired this thread? Do we really need yet another thread bitching about Obama's election based on the same GOP talking points from 2008? You're about 18 months late, Caine. Does this thread serve any purpose other than race-baiting?

Last edited:
What inspired this thread? Do we really need yet another thread bitching about Obama's elections based on the same GOP talking points from 2008? You're about 18 months late, Caine. Does this thread serve any purpose other than race-baiting?

How dare you talk about our muslim president like that! He will save america from the infidels! Allah Ackbar!

Or, like I said, voters considered him better than the alternative.
It was more like too mounds of crap, both freshly created (most likely by a male bovine).

Only a scientifically performed test of the odors arising from each could discern a noticeable difference between the two.

We poor voters, restricted to the senses genetics gave us, were thus handicapped in making our decision.

Personally, I think we were all wrong, and everyone should have boycotted the election until the parties offered better candidates…but that’s just me.

Near the bottom? Who did you have on your list? Jack the Ripper? Michael Jackson, with a 10-year old VP?
All the candidates from all parties?

I find it so awkward that with all the possibilities regarding why Obama could have gotten elected president after the catastrophe that was 8 years of a Bush presidency - the one that seems most likely to people who think:

- that the Civil War was not about slavery
- that the reason black people feel they're being racially profiled is cause they're 'stupid'
- that 40 years of mediocre efforts to do away with wealth discrepencies was enough to undo 300 years of slavery
- that debating black and race relations boils down to catch phrases like 'get over it'

AND

- that bringing up countless examples of all the other people who've practiced slavery in who knows where does anything to strengthen their arguments,

is because he is black. So awkward.

----

I mean I honestly don't care. But the people who seem to bring up the subject of why Obama got elected are the ones constantly trying to boil the history of race relations in this country to stupid 3rd grade chit-chat. It's like the guy in the room who says 'The Civil War wasn't about slavery! It was about the rights of states to say whether or not we owned slaves in the South!' is most likely to be the one to say 'Obama got elected cause he was black!'

Last edited:
this is nothing but a failed attack against obama.

most of these things were spun by the right-wing

however I think we should cut military spending, put it towards social programs so that the people can benefit.

we pay for unnecessary wars while children in america go hungry and we have many living in poverty.

Obama got elected through a massive and very succesful marketing campaign.

Obama got elected through a massive and very succesful marketing campaign.

obama got elected not only because he was a wonderful campaigner, but because he is bringing america the change that we need!

Back
Top Bottom