• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you vote for a mixed party administration?

Would you vote for a mixed party administration?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If there was a republican running with a democrat and having a mixed cabinet would you vote for that? Or vice versa, with a democrat running with a republican? Or would you just stick with a one party administration?

If this was possible then I would vote yes because I agree with some things from both sides and I think they could learn some things from each other.

I think it would be fantastic! I would support that. It used to be where presidents had people in their cabinet from both parties. Not anymore. Yes, I am aware that Bush has ONE cabinet member who was there when Clinton was prez--sorry, ONE is insufficient, particularly when it deals with "transportation."

aps said:
I think it would be fantastic! I would support that. It used to be where presidents had people in their cabinet from both parties. Not anymore. Yes, I am aware that Bush has ONE cabinet member who was there when Clinton was prez--sorry, ONE is insufficient, particularly when it deals with "transportation."

Which is...drumroll...one MORE than Clinton had!....

Clinton Cabinet

George H. W. Bush Cabinet

You can call "one" insufficient...

I call it "an improvement"...

It would depend who the candidates were obviously. I'd vote for a McCain/Bayh ticket. But I wouldn't vote for a Kennedy/Hatch ticket. Bipartisanship is nice, but bipartisanship for the sake of bipartisanship alone brings nothing to the process. A little gridlock is a good thing; I don't like the idea of the executive branch being allied with BOTH parties in Congress to work together to do whatever it feels like.

I voted yes but it will never happen........

That much talked about Rick Santorum/Cynthia McKinney ticket sure sounds intriguing.

Navy Pride said:
I voted yes but it will never happen........

Actually this has been in effect for a long time - it is called congress.. .very close to a 50-50 mix.
But the actual administration in the White House should be but one party.
Believe it or not, there was a time, way back, when a man's running mate was not necessarily of the same pol.-party..

cnredd said:

Clinton Cabinet

Excuse me but William Cohen is a republican and he was given the Secretary position in the LARGEST government agency.

aps said:
Excuse me but William Cohen is a republican and he was given the Secretary position in the LARGEST government agency.

You are exactly right..............:cheers: Well done aps.........

cnredd said:

Clinton Cabinet

What's with the infantile need to bring partisan bullsh1t into an otherwise promising thread? it's not like aps said "Bush only had one, which makes him a horrible President compared to Clinton." I don't even mind you bringing Clinton up, but not as some party tool to bash on Democrats. Why can people not talk about Clinton without butt snorkeling on the one hand or going for blood on the other?

Back
Top Bottom