• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you vote for a dog as President?

Should we elect a dog as President?

• Yes, it is the only logical recourse.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, because a cat would be a much better choice.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • HUH?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
Every President we've ever had has been criticized. Every one was been ridiculed and every one has been questioned.

I say that the problem lies in that so far, we've always elected a, human as President.

Let's break the mold and elect a non-human as President...

...Let's elect a dog.

Think about it; it would please everyone. He'd never be criticized because he wouldn't do anything anyway. He wouldn't have to worry about not handling domestic affairs right because he couldn't read a budget anyway. We wouldn't have to worry about sexual scandals because he would have been neutered. His mere presence at the UN would invoke compassion for the US, especially if we pick out a dog that is ultra cute, like a cockapoo or terrier. He'd easily be able to handle the remains of the War in Iraq because he would just pee on the land, mark his territory, and then the whole Middle East would belong to him anyway.

Yes, I think a dog is exactly what we need for our next leader.

(Warning: This thread is not for the humor impaired. :mrgreen:)

Why not?...2008 might be the year of the bitch anyway...:cool:

George_Washington said:
Every President we've ever had has been criticized. Every one was been ridiculed and every one has been questioned.

I say that the problem lies in that so far, we've always elected a, human as President.

...Let's elect a dog.

Think about it; it would please everyone. He'd never be criticized because he wouldn't do anything anyway. He wouldn't have to worry about not handling domestic affairs right because he couldn't read a budget anyway. We wouldn't have to worry about sexual scandals because he would have been neutered. His mere presence at the UN would invoke compassion for the US, especially if we pick out a dog that is ultra cute, like a cockapoo or terrier. He'd easily be able to handle the remains of the War in Iraq because he would just pee on the land, mark his territory, and then the whole Middle East would belong to him anyway.

Yes, I think a dog is exactly what we need for our next leader.

(Warning: This thread is not for the humor impaired. :mrgreen:)

I would rather have a cat for president. I like cats better. They are more independant than dogs. Plus they have nine lives so assassination would not be a problem. Perhaps the dog could be VP. :rofl I know I'm kind of strange.

No...NOOOOOO....not a Cat. I will vote the lesser of two evils here...The bitch gets my vote.

Finally, a thread I can relate to.
Being both a Dawg and a Bitch, I can honestly say, our kind have been ignored way too long. We're loyal, can't lie and we bark at strangers.
We only ask that our bellies be rubbed now and then, we have plenty of good food and water and get tossed a bone once in a while.:mrgreen:
Our staff would only consist of a decent groomer and a vet.
The only downside-we hump indiscriminately, but hell, most of Washington does that now:2rofll:

We'd need a constitutional amendment, though. Last time I checked, there are no 35-year-old native-born dog citizens.

galenrox said:
One thing we must address, would the terms be in dog years or people years? Because 8 years in office for a dog would feel like 56 years!

Well, excellent question, Galenrox. What we would do is, we'd elect the dog for 2 years and then bring in a new host of dog candidates that people would choose from in the primaries.

Engimo said:
We'd need a constitutional amendment, though. Last time I checked, there are no 35-year-old native-born dog citizens.

Yes, we do need several constitutional amendments so that dogs no longer face descrimination. My dog wants to study forensic science at the local university but they won't accept him. I'm filing a civil suit so that my dog can be enrolled in college and get an education like everyone else. Shoot, I'll take this all the way to the Supreme Court if I have to. My dog is very sensitive and has suffered great emotional distress over this. I took him to see a therapist and he's doing a little better now. He's working to improve his self esteem.

George_Washington said:

...Let's elect a dog.

Excellent. Thank you my campaign minions. Trying to get me elected.

Originally posted by alphieb
I would rather have a cat for president. I like cats better. They are more independant than dogs. Plus they have nine lives so assassination would not be a problem. Perhaps the dog could be VP. I know I'm kind of strange.
Yeah, cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell-out like dogs do.

Billo_Really said:
Yeah, cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell-out like dogs do.

lol

It seems like liberals like cats and conservatives like dogs. I personally prefer dogs and would therefore, choose a dog as President over a cat. Unless the dog was a communist or something.

@_girL........ said:
GO Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, would my dog be a candidate, since he did come from the humane society????

Well, it's just like molding a human to run. You must groom your dog on how to speak well in public, interact with a variety of voter bases, and be very knowledgable on the issues. Sending your dog to college and getting him a masters degree would look good. Also, teaching your dog not to pee on public property is a must.

Originally posted by George Washington:
lol

It seems like liberals like cats and conservatives like dogs. I personally prefer dogs and would therefore, choose a dog as President over a cat. Unless the dog was a communist or something.
Your a Stiller fan. You didn't catch my cheesy homage to Meet the Parents?

Originally posted by George Washington:
Ohhhhhhh yeah, NOW I remember!
"You a pot-head, Focker?"

George_Washington said:
Well, it's just like molding a human to run. You must groom your dog on how to speak well in public, interact with a variety of voter bases, and be very knowledgable on the issues. Sending your dog to college and getting him a masters degree would look good. Also, teaching your dog not to pee on public property is a must.

Yes, Yes, he just graduated from College, which is rather unusual, because he beat me at it... but anyways, he has his Masters Degree in Public speaking and Philosophy. Hes about 5'4" when he stands, and he guards the premises of which hes assigned to, very well.

@_girL........ said:
Yes, Yes, he just graduated from College, which is rather unusual, because he beat me at it... but anyways, he has his Masters Degree in Public speaking and Philosophy. Hes about 5'4" when he stands, and he guards the premises of which hes assigned to, very well.

Wow, your dog sounds pretty smart. My dog's decided to try out for Broadway. He's been taking theater classes recently and his instructors all say that he's a natural actor. They tell him he's going to be the next Robert Redford or Tom Cruise.

George_Washington said:
Wow, your dog sounds pretty smart. My dog's decided to try out for Broadway. He's been taking theater classes recently and his instructors all say that he's a natural actor. They tell him he's going to be the next Robert Redford or Tom Cruise.

Oh, George, I hope I get an invite to his next performance when he gets in Broadway!!! Its funny though, with all of that education that my dog has, he prefers to model... It astounds me!!!

Back
Top Bottom