• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you switch to a gold/silver backed currency?

Would you get rid of the FRB in favor of silver/gold backed currency?

• Yes, They are not stealing my money no more.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, I WANT to give them all my earnings.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Youve Got To Be Kidding!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The FRB (Federal Reserve Bank) is unconstitutional. The IRS takes your money for the SOLE PURPOSE of destroying it. IT DOES NOT PAY FOR ROADS EDUCATION OR ANYTHING ELSE. This is NOT conspiracy-THEORY.
This is FACT. They are STEALING YOUR MONEY. Would you be in favor of a currency backed in gold or silver?

Biased, does 2+2=4? or is that biased to? Non baked paper money in the hands of bankers = thievery. Period. What do you think the depression was all about. Inflation = robbery.

A currency backed in gold and silver is not feasible in America, how do you expect to come up with trillions in gold to back up American finances and the American dollar? You can't the time of being able to support the dollar with gold and silver has come and gone. It simply is not feasible. And since when is the IRS robbing you? It does indeed pay for roads and education, do you think the government benignly has trillions of dollars for budget spending? Where do you think the money comes from?

What do you think the depression was all about.

A stock market crash, when the American economy was backed dollar for dollar in Gold and Silver.

yep, unless we find more gold, or a replacement for it, we'll have to continue with fiat money.

I gladly voted NO.

They don't tax your money to destroy it, you realize. Did you get that idea because people talk about 'restricting the money supply'? The IRS doesn't participate in restricting the money supply.

Even if they did tax your money to destroy it, going to a gold standard would not help you. They could still do that. It would, in fact, perhaps be the only way they could help the economy out of certain tough spots.

Manipulating the value of money is still easy in a gold backed currency. The only system that makes it hard for the guvment to manipulate the value of money is a barter system, where there is no government backed currency. Move to Africa someplace, if you think it works.

Back
Top Bottom