• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would You Support A National Divorce?

substantialmajestic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
If it were feasible to divide the country in two and let Republicans go their way and Democrats go their way, would you support it?

One country would lead the way in Conservative Principles and the other country would lead the way in Liberal/Progressive Values.

If this were to happen, would each country STILL devolve into two political parties (liberal vs progressive for example)(libertarian vs. conservative for example) that still fight each other? Or, do you think each side would finally reach the utopian vision they value?

Attachments

• Divided-nation-770x400.jpg
    Divided-nation-770x400.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I can't imagine how it would work, but I'm all for it.

How does the infrstructure work?

I mean, red states will burn. Heavy blue areas are 75% GDP. Red states are net takers. They aren't the bastions of free freedom they think. They live on the blue teat and hate blue areas for it.

How does the infrstructure work?

I mean, red states will burn. Heavy blue areas are 75% GDP. Red states are net takers. They aren't the bastions of free freedom they think. They live on the blue teat and hate blue areas for it.
At this point, I'd support a split. I just don't think anyone can stop the left from charging the country right over a cliff.

If it were feasible to divide the country in two and let Republicans go their way and Democrats go their way, would you support it?

One country would lead the way in Conservative Principles and the other country would lead the way in Liberal/Progressive Values.

If this were to happen, would each country STILL devolve into two political parties (liberal vs progressive for example)(libertarian vs. conservative for example) that still fight each other? Or, do you think each side would finally reach the utopian vision they value?
It's a free country (generally speaking) - so if the left wants to leave - as they've repeatedly threatened they will, I fully support their choice to leave for whatever leftist sewer that would have them. It'd certainly make cleaning up the mess they made that much easier.

Where are the geographical boundaries?

One country would lead the way in Conservative Principles

Like Hell it would.
67% of the Republicans STILL adore Trump.
You're calling that "conservative?"

I guarantee you, real actual conservatives will FLEE this so called "Conservative Republic" as fast as their legs could carry them.

An impossible proposition......

No support here for dividing and ending the nation. Trumpers have been after the destruction of the U.S. from the start. Ironic that they are the ones who preach "patriotism" when the opposite is true.

The country is predominantly purple with the staunchest local majorities being 40/60 splits, so no.

The fact that so many people don't seem to realize this shows the Electoral College's remarkable ability to rot brains.

Aw heck, let's make it really interesting and go one step further and make all the states their own individual countries and rename ourselves the "independent countries of middle america" or the "consciously uncoupled countries of middle america".

Aw heck, let's make it really interesting and go one step further and make all the states their own individual countries and rename ourselves the "independent countries of middle america" or the "consciously uncoupled countries of middle america".
Well, that is basically how things were in the beginning.

MAP: US GDP Concentration1,000 × 768

How do you divide this country?
If only we could convince all the Trumpers to move to Alaska, then sell Alaska to Russia, it could be a win-win-win. We could get back to a semblance of rational thought, Russia would get a bunch of land and resources, and Donald Trump's minions would find great pleasure in dismantling Russia from within through an endless torrent of misinformation, lies and sheer stupidity because AM radio told them to.

Reactions: XDU
If only we could convince all the Trumpers to move to Alaska, then sell Alaska to Russia, it could be a win-win-win. We could get back to a semblance of rational thought, Russia would get a bunch of land and resources, and Donald Trump's minions would find great pleasure in dismantling Russia from within through an endless torrent of misinformation, lies and sheer stupidity because AM radio told them to.

I have a feeling a lot of Trump fans would be disappointed to find Russia is one of the most pro-Islam countries in the world.

I like the idea. I've never spent much time pondering the specifics beyond how "states" sort of naturally give us a good starting point. I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom