• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you rather vote for a left-authoritarian or a right-libertarian?

Would you rather vote for a left-authoritarian or a right-libertarian?

• Left-authoritarian

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Right-libertarian

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Left-authoritarian: left-wing on economic issues, conservative on social issues. Very common ideology in non-Western countries; less common in Western countries. Rare among whites in the US; common among non-whites. Examples of left-authoritarians: Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro.

Right-libertarian: right-wing on economic issues, liberal on social issues. Rare in every country in the world; almost non-existent in non-Western countries. More common among whites than other races in the US. Examples of right-libertarians: Ron Paul, Gary Johnson.

Last edited:
Left-authoritarian: left-wing on economic issues, conservative on social issues. Very common ideology in non-Western countries; less common in Western countries. Rare among whites in the US; common among non-whites. Examples of left-authoritarians: Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro.

Right-libertarian: right-wing on economic issues, liberal on social issues. Rare in every country in the world; almost non-existent in non-Western countries. More common among whites than other races in the US. Examples of right-libertarians: Ron Paul, Ralph Nader.

Ralph Nader is a right libertarian?

Right-libertarian: right-wing on economic issues, liberal on social issues. Rare in every country in the world; almost non-existent in non-Western countries. More common among whites than other races in the US. Examples of right-libertarians: Ron Paul, Ralph Nader.

I would think left authoritarian would be like a mutated Sanders and right Trump but we don't have any libertarian up front.

I could vote for a right libertarian - my hang up becomes my core support of the Pro-Life argument. If Trump is the GOP nominee, I'll definitely be looking for a third party candidate.

Ralph Nader is a right libertarian?

:lol: National Review endorsed him, believe it or not.

In his run for the board at Harvard.

Oops I meant Gary Johnson.

Well even then, aside from drug legalization I'm not familiar with right-libertarians being especially left leaning on social issues.

Right-libertarian: right-wing on economic issues, liberal on social issues. Rare in every country in the world; almost non-existent in non-Western countries. More common among whites than other races in the US. Examples of right-libertarians: Ron Paul, Gary Johnson.

I'll vote for Gary Johnson in November. No way can I vote for Trump or Clinton.

I'll vote for Gary Johnson in November. No way can I vote for Trump or Clinton.

I believe a vote for a third party candidate would be a vote for Hillary...unless Sanders decides to run on a third party ticket. Either way you are screwed.

Gary Johnson supports gay marriage and women's right to choose until fetal viability.

Gary Johnson on the Issues

Ooh, that guy's a really old school Republican. He couldn't give a sweet damn about right-social issues. He just wants to make corporations wealthier...period.

I believe a vote for a third party candidate would be a vote for Hillary...unless Sanders decides to run on a third party ticket. Either way you are screwed.

I just can't cast a vote for Trump. I won't do it. I know what the consequences are. I am too principled to do it.

I just can't cast a vote for Trump. I won't do it. I know what the consequences are. I am too principled to do it.

I'll vote for Clinton, but I feel absolutely "bleah!" about it. For me, her refusal to release the transcript of her speech to Goldman Sachs, and her utterly pathetic attempt to pivot the question to Sanders not having released his tax return yet, forever defined her in my eyes, and considerably more so than that goofy Bosnian Sniper lie.

"Mrs. Cinton, when will you release the speech that you made to Goldman Sachs?"
"Go **** yourselves, and vote for me in November." [grin]

I'll vote for Clinton, but I feel absolutely "bleah!" about it. For me, her refusal to release the transcript of her speech to Goldman Sachs, and her utterly pathetic attempt to pivot the question to Sanders not having released his tax return yet, forever defined her in my eyes, and considerably more so than that goofy Bosnian Sniper lie.

Yes I think a lot of people who will end up voting for her feel as you do. I have some loyal Democratic voting friends who have as much enthusiasm about voting for her as you do. I wonder if te turnout is going to be lower because of that? Although it seems that the Trumpeters are growing like ****ing mushrooms.

I could vote for a right libertarian - my hang up becomes my core support of the Pro-Life argument.

Right-libertarians are split on the issue. I am pro-choice, but only for the first trimester. Some right-libertarians are fully pro-life - Nat Hentoff or Ron Paul, for example.

Yes I think a lot of people who will end up voting for her feel as you do. I have some loyal Democratic voting friends who have as much enthusiasm about voting for her as you do. I wonder if te turnout is going to be lower because of that? Although it seems that the Trumpeters are growing like ****ing mushrooms.

I'm not so worried about Trump. Let him win if that is what is to be.

Hillary too, she can win if she wants.

Bernie, he can win if he wants.

That's just as valid as saying a vote for third party is a vote for Trump. Both Trump and Hillary poll very high in the unfavorable category and significant portions of those who would vote left are not going to vote for Hillary.

Ultimately, a vote for 3rd party is a vote to break the two party monopoly.

You mean her ultra-misogynist history of attacking and threatening rape and sexual harassment victims doesn't rate anywhere with you? Or how about her involvement in the destabilization and destruction of Libya? There are so many worse things to pin on her than some speeches given to bankers.

A lot of people really didn't grasp how badly she effed up with the Goldman Sachs speech issue. To put it in perspective, what she did was essentially the equivalent of a Republican nominee standing up and shouting "FREE ABORTIONS FOR EVERYBODY! Oh, and AN ILLEGAL, GAY IMMIGRANT IN EVERY HOME!" Bernie Sanders rode to popularity on his stance on inequality and the stranglehold that corporations have on the country. And with her refusal to release the speech transcript she basically said, "Listen, bitches. Let's drop this facade. Superdelegates is how this is going to be decided. Face it, come November, you're either voting for me or the fascist, xenophobic lunatic. Your call."

Democracy certainly does make me wobbly in the knees.

Last edited:
That's just as valid as saying a vote for third party is a vote for Trump. Both Trump and Hillary poll very high in the unfavorable category and significant portions of those who would vote left are not going to vote for Hillary.

Ultimately, a vote for 3rd party is a vote to break the two party monopoly.

That has been tried a few times in the past, Ross Perot comes to mind as the most recent, and guess what.... nothing changed.

Given those choices and definitions, I would choose right libertarian.

As I said before, I will *always* rather vote for a candidate or party I disagree with on many questions, but which respects the constitutional order and can be diselected again, than for an authoritarian candidate or party that would attempt to destroy the free, constitutional order, even when I agree with his/their stances on many questions.

The free system is much, much more important than the stances on political questions.

Rather shoot myself in the foot.

But, if I must, ugh, the right-libertarian.

Back
Top Bottom