• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you rather see the democratic nominee be more middle of the road or more progressive?

You just provided the perfect demonstration of what's wrong with the prog mind: "Hate everything and everyone who doesn't think like you".

The irony is that some progressives think they need to clean up the mess in politics. :lol:

Personally I hope it is a bat**** crazy progressive that gets the nomination on the Democratic side. Someone pushing "free" college, "free" healthcare including for illegals. And one pushing for higher taxes on the rich to pay for all of it and someone who demands gender neutral words to describe genders such as they and them. I hope it is someone who believes in abortion on demand up to delivery. I hope it is someone who believes walls are immoral and wants to abolish ICE. I hope it is someone who supports sanctuary cities. Yes let us see a Progressive get the nomination.

I was disappointed to read that Elizabeth Warren may be withdrawing from the race so soon. Evidently she isn't fairing well on the early totem polls.

Would you rather see the democratic nominee be more middle of the road or more progressive?

My personal choice would be to see a more progressive candidate be chosen. I think we lose too many folks when we try for a middle of the road candidate to try to get some republican votes. This time around I think that would be a losing proposition. Don't waste time and effort trying to convert republicans to vote democratic. Middle of the road candidates are not what we need to clean up the mess we have in politics. We need folks who are going to take on big money and corporate america. The divide between the very wealthy and everyone else is getting to the tipping point. It's time for a change.

Middle of the road, like Harris.

With Trump's presidency, we have seen a very hard swing to the right (even though Trump himself is no right winger). What will happen is an inevitable backlash to Trump's presidency, which will result in a very left wing Democrat being elected. We saw the rise of Bernie Sanders, even after 8 years of a Democrat in office. The 2018 mid-terms was the start of moving to the left, and IMO, it's very possible by 2020 the Democrats could end up controlling the house, senate, and presidency, as they did in 2008, only with someone MUCH further to the left than Obama (who despite the right wing noise, was a centrist).

“My personal choice” is the most electable candidate. Especially for President of The United States and McConnel’s Senate seat.

Back
Top Bottom