• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you rather go riding in a car with Kennedy or go hunting with Cheney?

Would you rather fo riding in a car with Kennedy or hunting with Cheney?

• Riding with Kennedy

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Hunting with Cheney

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
alphieb said:
Why are you comparing him to Teddy anyway?

Because it's the same issue, on the Chapaquitic bridge Teddy ran off the road and a prostitute drowned he didn't try to save her and he didn't report it until like a few days later to save his own ***, because he was most likely drunk at the time.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Because it's the same issue, on the Chapaquitic bridge Teddy ran off the road and a prostitute drowned he didn't try to save her and he didn't report it until like a few days later to save his own ***, because he was most likely drunk at the time.

He reported it 24 hours later, which doesn't make it any better. He claims he tried to save her. He should have called 911.

alphieb said:
He reported it 24 hours later, which doesn't make it any better. He claims he tried to save her. He should have called 911.

No crap but he didn't because he was drunk. Cheney on the other hand got the guy medical attention he saved the man not just his own ***.

No crap but he didn't because he was drunk. Cheney on the other hand got the guy medical attention he saved the man not just his own ***.

As a Vice President with heart problems, Cheney has medical personel, along with the standard secret service, on hand at all times. To say Cheney "saved" the guy is embellishing a bit, don't you think?

Trajan said,“Because it's the same issue, on the Chapaquitic bridge Teddy ran off the road and a prostitute drowned he didn't try to save her and he didn't report it until like a few days later to save his own ***, because he was most likely drunk at the time.”

Are you sure she was a prostitute? This is the first I have ever heard of Mary Jo being a prostitute.

What would you rather have in your kool aid, cyanide or strychnine?

26 X World Champs said:
Here's what happens when you Google Image "Delusional"....how appropriate!
bush_crazybig.jpg

I love Photoshop. Don't you? :roll:

Hoot, there is a little tool on your CP you might want to familiarize yourself with, called, copy/paste. That, in conjunction with vague's most excellent memory, leads to stuff like this:

Hoot said:
Take a reading comprehension course, Teach. Nowhere did I say this was the case with kennedy, in fact, I stipulated I was not defending Kennedy. I was merely comparing the two incidents, and shock would be much more likely in a car accident.

Pretty clearly, below, in my mind at least, you are making excuses for Uncle Ted. "Oh, he's upside down, drunk, wet, and his chicken *** self was faced with the prospect of putting his life in harms way to rescue a girl that was is a posistion that he himself put her in."

Hoot said:
I'm not defending Kennedy, or Cheney. But even a reasonable person, with at least a GED has to acknowledge that a car accident, where the vehicle turns upside in water, can contribute to disoreintation and certainly shock...shock to the point where someone may not be totally responsible for their actions following the accident. ( I think that's a fair and resonable assumption)

So what you are saying is: "I, Hoot, was not refering to Ted, just John Q. Public in a similar posistion." Well, Hoot, this John Q. would have died trying. Your boy has been found wanting.

Just say it Hoot. "Ted was a little, fightened, in shock, girl. He had not the balls to do the right thing."

Perhaps you should change your name to 'teacher assistant,' since you've demonstrated you lack the 'degree' to hold such a lofty and respected title?

I guess that was your first attempt to smack me, teacher, of the colossal brain, DP's most favorite asshole, soon to be named DP's most creative, Lord and Master of all I survey, King of Copy/Paste, basement gatekeeper, CIC of the monkey army, and, (work in progress, full tittle to be officially announced at the start of the next TT thread.) The point being, not bad, not good, but then look who we are dealing with. PM me. I'll give you some tips.

fooligan said:
Maybe Hoot is in shock over the Tom/Kate breakup. Have a heart, dude. :mrgreen:

Shirley, you can't be serious.

teacher said:
Oh bullshit. Anybody that gets that rattled over such a small thing is a little girl. Quit making excuses for Ted. "Oh I was upside down and got wet. I'm so confused and in a terrible fright." Managed to find his way back to his room and make some phone calls though, didn't he?

Or is it that you can understand it because that is the kind of stuff you are made of Hoot?

Maybe Bush was still in shock over the pretzel choking trauma when he went over the intelligence reports. Ted was in shock. What a complete crock of shi*t. I can't believe you took the time to type such bullshit.

Here's a copy and paste for you, Teach. Please take your time and read the statement you wrote in reply to my post.

You think you're being fair and gracious with this post?

I'm not the one who originally tried to compare these two separate incidents. I don't think they can be compared. But I still believe pulling a trigger and shooting someone is not in the same category as flipping a car upside down and leaving the occupants underwater.

A car accident is much more likely to cause shock and disoreintation.

Is this a defense of Kennedy's actions? Of course not, more it's an attack on those republicans who when having no defense for the actions of their 'man,' pull the focus off the issue and say..."Oh yeah, well what about Clinton?" Or..."what about Kennedy?" As though this is some sort of defense for Cheney?

It's a juvenile 3rd grade debating technique.

Of course if your "massive brain" is in reality a teacher of special ed students, then all is explained and forgiven.

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Only an asshole with an agenda would consider this question valid. It's certainly not funny and it certainly shows a complete lack of intelligence.

It's also not original, what a surprise! This very question has been all over the radical right wing websites all week.

It's incredible that anyone would start a poll based on hate...then again we need to consider the source....

Moderator's Warning:

26 X World Champs,

This is just the latest in a string of recent personal attacks against other members of this forum. After REPEATED warnings and attempts to allow you time to modify your debating style, you persist in taking the low road, disrupting debate and making inflammatory personal remarks about the intelligence and character of other members of DP.
:smash:

You have earned yourself a three month suspension of your account. If and when you decide to return, the entire mod team hopes you can adapt your mode of debate to coincide with forum policy.

Ah, Cheney travels with the cast of ER. So the fact that he got the man medical attention is hardly a BFD.

What is amazing to me is that rather than go to the hospital, Cheney decided to have dinner and a cocktail instead. The other thing that is interesting is that Cheney and Armstrong decided not to cancel the Quail dinner the next day. Seems rather callous don't ya think?

mixedmedia said:
Moderator's Warning:

26 X World Champs,

This is just the latest in a string of recent personal attacks against other members of this forum. After REPEATED warnings and attempts to allow you time to modify your debating style, you persist in taking the low road, disrupting debate and making inflammatory personal remarks about the intelligence and character of other members of DP.
:smash:

You have earned yourself a three month suspension of your account. If and when you decide to return, the entire mod team hopes you can adapt your mode of debate to coincide with forum policy.
+

3 months :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, who's banned? 26X's AND Mixed Media?

Ridiculous.

Maybe I should start a new poll?

Would you rather go riding in a car with Kennedy, hunting with Cheney, debating with 26X's, or debating with Teach of the massive brain? LOL!

They both throw out insults. Teach compared me to a 'little girl,' and basically said my comments were 'bullshit.' I guess that's ok in this forum?

Please don't misunderstand. I will never want Teach, or anyone else banned for their little snide remarks. I can take it, and I won't lose a moments sleep worrying about anyones opinion of me in these forums.

But, I don't see in that quote where 26X's directly called anyone an a--hole?

Remember Moderators......Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792–1822) QUOTATION: "Power, like a desolating pestilence, Pollutes whate'er it touches;"

Hoot said:
So, who's banned? 26X's AND Mixed Media?

Ridiculous.

Maybe I should start a new poll?

Would you rather go riding in a car with Kennedy, hunting with Cheney, debating with 26X's, or debating with Teach of the massive brain? LOL!

They both throw out insults. Teach compared me to a 'little girl,' and basically said my comments were 'bullshit.' I guess that's ok in this forum?

Please don't misunderstand. I will never want Teach, or anyone else banned for their little snide remarks. I can take it, and I won't lose a moments sleep worrying about anyones opinion of me in these forums.

But, I don't see in that quote where 26X's directly called anyone an a--hole?

Remember Moderators......Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792–1822) QUOTATION: "Power, like a desolating pestilence, Pollutes whate'er it touches;"

MixedMedia banned 26X

DeeJayH said:
MixedMedia banned 26X

Interesting. I though the mods had to vote as a group to determine banning? From your statement, it sounds as though only one mod is needed to ban someone?

This can't be accurate, can it?

Hoot said:
Interesting. I though the mods had to vote as a group to determine banning? From your statement, it sounds as though only one mod is needed to ban someone?

This can't be accurate, can it?

Mods do not have to vote on the banning of members, but in this case the discussion in the mod forum was extensive and unanimous.

Reading through this thread, it is very obvious that none of you have ever been bird hunting. At least those of you who say that 'Cheney was drinking' when EVERY witness including the victim said that he was not. A beer or even a couple of beers at lunch three hours before the hunt does not constitute 'drinking during a hunt'.

And to those who say that Cheney 'was not practicing normal hunting safety', baloney. On a bird hunt you have a line of hunters each keeping the others in their sight. When a bird is flushed, the hunter follows it with the shotgun. If the bird is crossing the field of another hunter that the shooter cannot see, it is imperative that the out of sight hunter alert the shooter to his/her presence. It is almost always failure to do so that causes hunters to be sprayed with birdshot. In this case, the victim was outside the line and coming up from behind and simply failed to react quickly enough. The Veep could not see him and had no way to know he was there. It was an accident pure and simple, and it was dealt with immdiately and appropriately. To think that charges should be filed is ludicrous. To think that the Veep should have notified the press before the victim's family was notified of the incident is equally as ludicrous.

In a recent poll following the Veep's accident, more than 60% of bird hunters stated they had been hit with at least a few pellets at least once. It happens. It's usually no big deal and, when it doesn't happen at close range, generally no medical treatment is necessary. This accident was at close enough range to do some damage.

It happened. It has been reported. The police found that it was an inadvertent accident - no negligence, no fault, no foul. So enough already.

Last edited:
AlbqOwl said:
A beer or even a couple of beers at lunch three hours before the hunt does not constitute 'drinking during a hunt'.

Sure it does. If you want to drink, only after a hunt and after any and all firearms are safely cleaned and put away.

AlbqOwl said:
..the shooter cannot see..

Stop!! Can't see!! Don't shoot!! Simple!!

AlbqOwl said:
It was an accident pure and simple,..

Agreed

AlbqOwl said:
..and it was dealt with immdiately and appropriately. To think that charges should be filed is ludicrous. To think that the Veep should have notified the press before the victim's family was notified of the incident is equally as ludicrous.

Debatable, as shown here and nationally. (personally, no I don't think it merited charges being filed)

AlbqOwl said:
In a recent poll following the Veep's accident, more than 60% of bird hunters stated they had been hit with at least a few pellets at least once.

Sounds like more people need to be more careful

AlbqOwl said:
And to those who say that Cheney 'was not practicing normal hunting safety', baloney. On a bird hunt you have a line of hunters each keeping the others in their sight. When a bird is flushed, the hunter follows it with the shotgun. If the bird is crossing the field of another hunter that the shooter cannot see, it is imperative that the out of sight hunter alert the shooter to his/her presence. It is almost always failure to do so that causes hunters to be sprayed with birdshot. In this case, the victim was outside the line and coming up from behind and simply failed to react quickly enough. The Veep could not see him and had no way to know he was there.

I'm not a hunter, but I find this line of reason fascinating?!

In my youth, when I hunted with my father, he continually stressed that you NEVER squeeze the trigger unless you are confident you have a clear line of vision and a clear shot....up to and including your target and the area behind your target.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying the victim was at fault?!

I agree it was an unfortunate accident, but no way do I buy your line of reasoning. Most accidents are preventable, as this one was, if Cheney had followed proper gun safety.

Even Cheney admits he was at fault. Are you going to argue with the Vice President of the United States?! LOL!

Some, in this forum, would call that treasonous! LOL J/K

Hoot said:

In my youth, when I hunted with my father, he continually stressed that you NEVER squeeze the trigger unless you are confident you have a clear line of vision and a clear shot....up to and including your target and the area behind your target.

I agree it was an unfortunate accident, but no way do I buy your line of reasoning. Most accidents are preventable, as this one was, if Cheney had followed proper gun safety.

Even Cheney admits he was at fault. Are you going to argue with the Vice President of the United States?! LOL!

The Vice President was following the bird, actually leading the bird a bit, with his gun and was turning in the process. He had no reason to believe anybody on the line was there but yes, you are right. He pulled the trigger just as a man appeared in his sights with the man between him and the setting sun. All this happened virtuallysimultaneously. The Vice President has blamed absolutely nobody but himself for the accident and takes full responsibility.

The victim admits he was out of place on the line and he was coming up behind the vice president. It was his duty according to hunting protocol to announce his presence to the shooter when the bird flushed and the shooter began following it. Had he done so, the accident would never have happened; however he either was not paying attention or simply did not have the presence of mind to do so until it was too late. This is the version reported by every non-biased and credible source and is not disputed in any way by either the victim nor the witnesses.

Should Cheney have been able to have stopped pulling the triigger in time? Possibly. Could the victim or others have alerted the vice president in time to avoid the accident? Almost certainly but it happened fast, was unexpected, and nobody did.

In any case it was an unfortunate accident and absolutely nobody who was involved, who witnessed it, or who investigated it have suggested that it was anything else.

And I have been a hunter and have walked those lines. I know how it works.

Hoot said:

I think you are right on the money here. Not from any political point of view. I don't think firearms use has a right or left bias. Anyone who has gone through "trainfire" knows that you can avoid accidents by following the simple rules of firearms use. They can be found in several field manuals all available on-line. This whole incident merely reinforces my idea that the military is the best place to learn to handle firearms. During my three and a half years of active duty service I never fired on any of my own troops. They get really p¡ssed off when you do that.

Inuyasha said:
I think you are right on the money here. Not from any political point of view. I don't think firearms use has a right or left bias. Anyone who has gone through "trainfire" knows that you can avoid accidents by following the simple rules of firearms use. They can be found in several field manuals all available on-line. This whole incident merely reinforces my idea that the military is the best place to learn to handle firearms. During my three and a half years of active duty service I never fired on any of my own troops. They get really p¡ssed off when you do that.

Exactly...I remember in basic training one of my fellow recruits briefly failed to keep the barrel of his weapon pointed at the firing range. I thought the drill sergeant was gonna beat the 'you know what' out of him!

This is a non-story to me....Cheney was at fault and even admitted fault. It's people like Mary Matalin, or whoever the ditto head was, that said it was an accident and Cheney was not at fault.

I'm sorry, but that's B.S.

Ted and Dick should go hunting together. Ted can drive and Dick can ride shotgun.

hmmm... well if I went hunting with cheney, I'd be the one that was shot, but if I went riding with kennedy the shooting would result in a death, which might be rather tramatic for me.

*ponders...*

Back
Top Bottom