• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you rather go riding in a car with Kennedy or go hunting with Cheney?

Would you rather fo riding in a car with Kennedy or hunting with Cheney?

• Riding with Kennedy

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Hunting with Cheney

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
Can I go hunting while driving and drunk and please may I not look as I run the car off the road and OH GOD it's upside down, under the bridge... shot the load and submerged and watching the bubbles I punch my girlfriend and make a hasty exit

/blurble

//runs away

This is all fiction, of course. Er ah

Would you rather go riding in a car with Kennedy or go hunting with Cheney?

Hmm, I think I would just stay home...

If the media is making a 24-hour news event out of Cheney mishandling a weapon and injuring someone and it seems a result of bias, it is totally reasonable to find a liberal equivalent and see how forgiving the media was to that person.

Ted Kennedy murdered someone and is left alone by the media and allowed to remain in office. Cheney's ACCIDENT is the subject of unending intrigue, speculation, scrutiny and publicity.

aquapub said:
LOL? Are you kidding? The WMD assertions they made were accurate, genius.

I don't want to change the subject of this poll, but where have you been?

Do you even read anything that disagrees with your world view of events? Or do you prefer to avert your eyes from truth that may not be to your liking? It's been proven over and over again, right here in Debate Politics that Bush picked and chose only the intelligence that justified war with Iraq, and ignored intelligence that did not support his case for war.

Genuis? I hardly think so, but thanks for the compliment. I suppose you can continue to call me a genuis, but only if you compare the two of us. LOL

doughgirl said:
"Cheney was at fault..he didn't follow gun safety...he'd been drinking that day ( was that why he delayed reporting the story?) and the man didn't even have the proper license. Anyone else would face a hefty fine."

What penalty did Clinton get for lying under oath? Just based on that Cheney should get nothing.

What penalty did Kennedy get for leaving the scene then running to Hyannisport to hide?

I don't want to argue with you, Doughgirl, but Clinton was impeached and lost his law license for a period of time. I think that falls under the category of punishment, wouldn't you?

I'm not defending Kennedy, or Cheney. But even a reasonable person, with at least a GED has to acknowledge that a car accident, where the vehicle turns upside in water, can contribute to disoreintation and certainly shock...shock to the point where someone may not be totally responsible for their actions following the accident. ( I think that's a fair and resonable assumption)

Cheney didn't follow proper gun safety, he admits to drinking that day, he didn't have the proper bird hunting license, he didn't inform Bush until the story was released, and he showed poor judgement in holding the story for 18 hours. Any flack that Cheney is taking is a direct result of his poor judgement in the proper handling of this affair...even many republicans agree.

Other then this, I think the story needs to die, and I applaud Whittington for being a "tuff 'ol bird," and forgiving Cheney.

Cheney did not kill anyone.Kennedy did and then tried to cover it up........

Hoot said:
But even a reasonable person, with at least a GED has to acknowledge that a car accident, where the vehicle turns upside in water, can contribute to disoreintation and certainly shock...shock to the point where someone may not be totally responsible for their actions following the accident. ( I think that's a fair and resonable assumption)

Oh bullshit. Anybody that gets that rattled over such a small thing is a little girl. Quit making excuses for Ted. "Oh I was upside down and got wet. I'm so confused and in a terrible fright." Managed to find his way back to his room and make some phone calls though, didn't he?

Or is it that you can understand it because that is the kind of stuff you are made of Hoot?

Maybe Bush was still in shock over the pretzel choking trauma when he went over the intelligence reports. Ted was in shock. What a complete crock of shi*t. I can't believe you took the time to type such bullshit.

teacher said:
Maybe Bush was still in shock over the pretzel choking trauma when he went over the intelligence reports.

Maybe Hoot is in shock over the Tom/Kate breakup. Have a heart, dude. :mrgreen:

teacher said:
Oh bullshit. Anybody that gets that rattled over such a small thing is a little girl. Quit making excuses for Ted. "Oh I was upside down and got wet. I'm so confused and in a terrible fright." Managed to find his way back to his room and make some phone calls though, didn't he?

Or is it that you can understand it because that is the kind of stuff you are made of Hoot?

Maybe Bush was still in shock over the pretzel choking trauma when he went over the intelligence reports. Ted was in shock. What a complete crock of shi*t. I can't believe you took the time to type such bullshit.

Take a reading comprehension course, Teach. Nowhere did I say this was the case with kennedy, in fact, I stipulated I was not defending Kennedy. I was merely comparing the two incidents, and shock would be much more likely in a car accident. Perhaps you should change your name to 'teacher assistant,' since you've demonstrated you lack the 'degree' to hold such a lofty and respected title?

Navy Pride said:
I would rather hunting with Cheney..At least the guy that went with him is still alive...........You can't say the same for Mary Jo no thanks to Teddy....
Only an asshole with an agenda would consider this question valid. It's certainly not funny and it certainly shows a complete lack of intelligence.

It's also not original, what a surprise! This very question has been all over the radical right wing websites all week.

It's incredible that anyone would start a poll based on hate...then again we need to consider the source....

Hoot said:
Another stupid poll.

It's the old republican strategy...can't defend the actions of Cheney, change the subject and attack another Dem to take the focus off the issue at hand.
Right on....or is it Left on? The immense stupidity of the question clearly underscores the repeating tactic of undereducated radical righties who don't want to have a real debate, rather they're trolls that start threads only with the intention of stirring up trouble. This thread is a prime example of a TROLL THREAD.

aquapub said:
LOL? Are you kidding? The WMD assertions they made were accurate, genius. Liberals can't reason based on facts.
Talk about one's inability to understand truth and reality! I love that you still believe that there were WMDs in Iraq because everyone who reads your posts again knows that you're not connected to this reality, that your entire belief system is malfunctioning and your abilty to grasp truth doesn't exist!

Your point of view on WMDs is classic Aquapub! Hey, why not ask your compadre Navy Pride about WMDs! :rofl
aquapub said:
And Navy Pride didn't wickedly craft this poll to cleverly make liberals forget about this incredibly lame and unimportant story. He obviously made this poll out of harmless humor. Jesus. Get a grip. :roll:
Here's what happens when you Google Image "Delusional"....how appropriate!
bush_crazybig.jpg

aquapub said:
If the media is making a 24-hour news event out of Cheney mishandling a weapon and injuring someone and it seems a result of bias, it is totally reasonable to find a liberal equivalent and see how forgiving the media was to that person.

Ted Kennedy murdered someone and is left alone by the media and allowed to remain in office. Cheney's ACCIDENT is the subject of unending intrigue, speculation, scrutiny and publicity.
The highlighted words above qualify as insanity and it must be concluded that the author is out of touch with reality, history and the world.

To write that Ted Kennedy was "left alone by the media" is insane, period.

The brilliance of that statement clearly exposes the irony of the democrats/Liberals here, where they salivate over this extended media hype on the Cheney mishap--but are content to gloss over fat Ted's murder incident.

Navy Pride, do you live in New England? I was banned from this site for a week again because of the one-sided moderation here. But on the Howie Carr radio program--he was giving out free jerseys to the better callers. The slogan on the jerseys read "Would you rather drive with Kennedy or hunt with Cheney."

I was beginning to think that this Cheney incident was the liberals' current political platform. I'm feeling a bit sad over this latest liberal loss.

This has already been turned into a bumper sticker. I heard it on the news.

26 X World Champs said, “It's incredible that anyone would start a poll based on hate...then again we need to consider the source....”

You talk about hate? KENNEDY IS THE DEFINITION OF HATE. He stands up in front of the cameras and spews hate daily. Talk about hate speech. He is a pathetic man.... A bitter pathetic man. He should not be the moral voice of the Democratic Party, but they have made him their King. WHY?

Kennedy in my opinion can take a long walk of a short pier, dock, bridge…..if ya know what I mean.

Champ said,
“The highlighted words above qualify as insanity and it must be concluded that the author is out of touch with reality, history and the world.”

I think you are just mesmerized by Camelot. It’s clouding your judgment on this whole thing. We are not talking about the whole Democratic Party here…….we make mention of Kennedy and you go nuts. Why don’t you just admit he is an embarrassment to your party? :3oops:

Champ says, “Right on....or is it Left on? The immense stupidity of the question clearly underscores the repeating tactic of undereducated radical righties who don't want to have a real debate, rather they're trolls that start threads only with the intention of stirring up trouble. This thread is a prime example of a TROLL THREAD.”

If this particular question upsets you that much and its stupid to even give it attention………..why are you here? Why address it at all? YOU REPLIED TO THE THREAD……….HELLO?????????????? :confused:

I think Teddy is bitter due to all of his tragedy. Look at all the loved ones he lost much too soon.

alphieb said:
I think Teddy is bitter due to all of his tragedy. Look at all the loved ones he lost much too soon.

Well maybe his millions of dollars located in tax exempt off shore accounts will comfort him a bit, I really have no sympathy for him at all, the same thing with Sheehan, every one has to deal with loss in their life you mourn and move on you don't need to turn into a psychotic *** hole.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Well maybe his millions of dollars located in tax exempt off shore accounts will comfort him a bit, I really have no sympathy for him at all, the same thing with Sheehan, every one has to deal with loss in their life you mourn and move on you don't need to turn into a psychotic *** hole.

I can't say as I disagree, but everybody mourns differently.

Hoot said:
Another stupid poll.

I'm not going to defend Kennedy. I'm not going to defend Cheney. Both actions were wrong, but it's reasonable to believe anyone involved in a car accident can become disoriented, and even go into a mild form of shock.

It's the old republican strategy...can't defend the actions of Cheney, change the subject and attack another Dem to take the focus off the issue at hand.

Cheney was at fault..he didn't follow gun safety...he'd been drinking that day ( was that why he delayed reporting the story?) and the man didn't even have the proper license. Anyone else would face a hefty fine.

And as Jon Stewart alluded too....when Cheney said he delayed the story to make sure of accuracy...you mean like he made sure of the accuracy of WMD? LOL

Mild form of shock? the VP had one beer.Kennedy in those days was not known for stoping at one. Also his history with women since than doesn't show a great amount of careing in general.

JOHNYJ said:
Mild form of shock? the VP had one beer.Kennedy in those days was not known for stoping at one. Also his history with women since than doesn't show a great amount of careing in general.

How do you know he just had "one"? Politicians are not known for being honest.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
How do you know Cheney had any beer? Afterall he's not exactly known for his partying habits unlike our alcoholic friend Teddy.

Cheney admitted to having beer, he said "one at lunch and a cocktail later that evening". He just had one? Yeah right.

Back
Top Bottom