• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you move to Mars?

Would you move to Mars?

• YES! Let's go!

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Other - Below

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Elon Musk, age 47, told "Axios on HBO" that he sees a 70% chance that he'll live to ride one of his SpaceX rockets to Mars. "I know exactly what to do," he said. "I’m talking about moving there."

The big picture: That prediction is dismissed as fantasy by some experts. But Musk said he can envision a flight as soon as seven years from now, with a ticket price of "around a couple hundred thousand dollars."

What he's saying: Musk shrugged off the objection that a Mars voyage could be an escape hatch for the rich for problems on this planet.
https://www.axios.com/elon-musk-mars-space-x-14c01761-d045-4da0-924b-322fb6a109ce.html

Would you move to Uranus?

I dunno, Musk is becoming more and more detached from reality in my view.

When I see him touting nonsense like the Hyperloop and underground tunnels to everyone’s garages, seven years to start moving to Mars, guys coming unglued.

I see it as would I volunteer to go live in a single wide mobile home with half a dozen people and could only go outside briefly while wearing a space suit for the rest of my life.

When I see him touting nonsense like the Hyperloop and underground tunnels to everyone’s garages, seven years to start moving to Mars, guys coming unglued.

There is truth to that however the ability for a manned launch to reach Mars should happen in the next 20 years.

no, i wouldn't move to Mars. however, as a species, we'll need to colonize other planets eventually if we want to survive.

I don't know. What will Mars look like when the time comes? If one has to live in some techno bubble that is fed with the bare necessities to sustain human life, no thanks. I rather walk all the way to ANWR, pitch a tent and hope for the best.

If I was younger, I'd go. I remember 1969 when we first landed on the Moon. I think most of us back then thought we would have a moon base within 10 years, be on Mars 10 years after that. At least I did.

Go to visit or go to stay?

Would you move to Mars?
No. Mar's lacks an atmosphere and where there's no atmosphere, there're no good parties.

15.-Atmosphere.jpg

Not yet.

First of all, it'll be hell on the body unless we've invented sci-fi artifical gravity which is something that cannot happen unless we've got just about everything wrong.

And on top of that... you might as well farm avocados in the middle of the Sahara, except two hundred degrees colder.

There are roughly ten million other considerations but I don't need to count. Nope.

Could be some personality megalomania going on.

Musk shrugged off the objection that a Mars voyage could be an escape hatch for the rich for problems on this planet.

Good luck spending your Red-Dirt Bucks, Martians.

Think I'll stay here and wake up to a view of Pikes Peak, a crystal clear mountain reservoir, fresh mountain air, and all sorts of critters running all over my forty acres.

8 years ago sure, now I would have to wait about 15 years before I could go

Sounds to me like he's planning to run for the GOP nomination in 2020. All the above will resonate with the GOP base. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom