• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you like to expose your personality to the community?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Well if you do I have just the ticket....a 538 test that is less than 3 minutes long and seems to be good:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/personality-quiz/

Interestingly enough when you are done you get told how the staff at 538 tested, which is fascinating to me, that they are willing to be that transparent, and as well how they tested.

Of course this is all honor based, we will have to hope that is still worth something around here.

This is Me:

Openness to experience 100 out of 100

Agreeableness 42 out of 100

Conscientiousness 88 out of 100

Negative emotionality 29 out of 100

Extraversion 63 out of 100

Do they give out Participation Ribbons to those who apply?

Openness to experience 96 out of 100

Agreeableness 75 out of 100

Conscientiousness 42 out of 100

Negative emotionality 17 out of 100

Extraversion 33 out of 100

I am an introvert and I believe what I believe...I already knew that...:2razz:

Openness to experience
58 out of 100

Agreeableness
50 out of 100

Conscientiousness
92 out of 100

Negative emotionality
67 out of 100

Extraversion
13 out of 100

openness to experience - 75 out of 100
agreeableness - 67 out of 100
conscientiousness - 38 out of 100
negative emotionality - 17 out of 100
extraversion - 63 out of 100

I'll bite.

My scores:

Moderate Openness to Experience: 46 out of 100. "All things considered, you’re in a pretty good place right here in between."

Moderate Agreeableness: 38 out of 100. "You’re no goody-goody, but you’re also not what the professionals might refer to as “a selfish jerk.”

High Conscientiousness: 71 out of 100. "You are one of the organized, the responsible, the possibly just-a-wee-bit boring. The highly conscientious can be thought of as the carriers of tradition. They’re likely to be religious and join organized clubs like the Elks or the local bowling league. People like you work hard, and your boss probably loves your well-planned productivity. You’re likely politically conservative. And your sense of commitment and attention to the little details make you great to date and stable in marriage."

Negative Emotionality: 33 out of 100: "[L]ow negative emotionality is generally associated with good things. For instance, at work, it correlates with job satisfaction, commitment to the organization and a tendency to happily stay in one job for a long time without burning out. That doesn’t necessarily mean you’re doing a great job, mind you. (It’s the highly conscientious people who consistently do well at work.) But, by god, you likely feel good about the job you do and financially secure in it."

Moderate Extraversion: 63 out of 100: "Because people who score in the middle of a trait tend to experience a little of what those on either pole feel, you’re likely getting a taste of the benefits afforded to the higher extraverts — popularity, a general sense of well-being — while also experiencing some of the drawbacks of relative introversion, such as a limited dating pool (at least compared with the real social butterflies). And that’s OK. Being in the middle ain’t so bad, really."

I guess it might have some 'general value,' but is not dispositive...most such test aren't.

Untitled.jpg

Interesting but at the same times i think these basic tests are pretty meaningless . . and there usually a category or tow that has it completely wrong

Openness to experience 88 out of 100 - big traveller
Agreeableness 50 out of 100 - yes and no...
Conscientiousness 50 out of 100 - when the mood takes me
Negative emotionality 58 out of 100 - glass half empty
Extraversion 54 out of 100 - when it suits me, but never extremely so

Openness to experience
88 out of 100
I am definitely high in the arts! Interior decorating is a strong point. Minored in the arts in college.

Agreeableness I used to agree with anyone but realized I was compromising myself to be liked. As I grew older and had more life experiences, this changed. Maturity? Probably.
This is me totally... (It’s just that some of you may have a little less tendency toward empathy, compassion and trust of your fellow human beings than others.) You’re no goody-goody, but you’re also not what the professionals might refer to as “a selfish jerk.”
54 out of 100

Conscientiousness I have always been a hard worker. Tenacious would best describe me. I complain, cry, mourn, but I never give up. Stable fantastic marriage; going on 47 years. Politically conservative.
75 out of 100

Negative emotionality I am definately a chill person. Wasn't always that way but life is a choice, and I worked hard to let go of what I can't change.
4 out of 100 Refuse to deal with toxic people in my life.

Extraversion That's me... not a shy bone in my body. I love my life and have a high sense of emotional well being. I can be happy almost anywhere, and am always willing to make lemonade when life presents me lemons. The glass is always half full. Again, this took work to get here, and getting here was a choice.
71 out of 100

Last edited:
Openness to experience
88 out of 100
I am definitely high in the arts! Interior decorating is a strong point. Minored in the arts in college.

Agreeableness I used to agree with anyone but realized I was compromising myself to be liked. As I grew older and had more life experiences, this changed. Maturity? Probably.
This is me totally... (It’s just that some of you may have a little less tendency toward empathy, compassion and trust of your fellow human beings than others.) You’re no goody-goody, but you’re also not what the professionals might refer to as “a selfish jerk.”
54 out of 100

Conscientiousness I have always been a hard worker. Tenacious would best describe me. I complain, cry, mourn, but I never give up. Stable fantastic marriage; going on 47 years. Politically conservative.
75 out of 100

Negative emotionality I am definately a chill person. Wasn't always that way but life is a choice, and I worked hard to let go of what I can't change.
4 out of 100 Refuse to deal with toxic people in my life.

Extraversion That's me... not a shy bone in my body. I love my life and have a high sense of emotional well being. I can be happy almost anywhere, and am always willing to make lemonade when life presents me lemons. The glass is always half full. Again, this took work to get here, and getting here was a choice.
71 out of 100

DAMN! Now THAT'S what I call transparency!

Openness to experience 75 out of 100

Agreeableness 46 out of 100

Conscientiousness 50 out of 100

Negative emotionality 4 out of 100

Extraversion 25 out of 100

I can't take fault with the conclusions. Seems reasonable.

Openness to experience 75 out of 100

Agreeableness 46 out of 100

Conscientiousness 50 out of 100

Negative emotionality 4 out of 100

Extraversion 25 out of 100

I can't take fault with the conclusions. Seems reasonable.

And so fast and painless too!

With my 100/100 on openness to experience I got told that I would make a good investigator, which is so true, I love doing investigations and I am very good at them. I had never made the connection till now, I found this experience enlightening.

Openness to experience
67 out of 100
Agreeableness
38 out of 100
Conscientiousness
67 out of 100
Negative emotionality
63 out of 100
Extraversion
38 out of 100

Here is mine, never got a 100 out of 100. :shock:

Well if you do I have just the ticket....a 538 test that is less than 3 minutes long and seems to be good:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/personality-quiz/

Interestingly enough when you are done you get told how the staff at 538 tested, which is fascinating to me, that they are willing to be that transparent, and as well how they tested.

Of course this is all honor based, we will have to hope that is still worth something around here.

This is Me:

Openness to experience 100 out of 100

Agreeableness 42 out of 100

Conscientiousness 88 out of 100

Negative emotionality 29 out of 100

Extraversion 63 out of 100
Me

Openness to experience92 out of 100

Agreeableness54 out of 100

Conscientiousness33 out of 100

Negative emotionality29 out of 100

Extraversion58 out of 100