• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you let your children become cheerleaders?

So would you let them? I think it is a great activity for building teamwork and athletic skill.

No, we focus on intellectual pursuit instead of vapid popularity contests.

No, we focus on intellectual pursuit instead of vapid popularity contests.

Yep because the two are totally mutually exclusive.

"Family is forever my son, i am proud you cast your own stone."

So would you let them? I think it is a great activity for building teamwork and athletic skill.

Sure. But it's not about building teamwork & athletic skill. It's about popularity, being confidant, and having a lot of dates, as well as getting an in with the IN crowd & the quarterback. Which has its perks. So why not.

It's also good at keeping physically fit, which benefits everyone throughout life.

When they're little it's just innocent fun . . . but when they get older it's problematic. Not because of the dangers of the sport, but because of the ****ty, self-absorbed attitudes of the cheerleaders themselves. Quite a few of them are just rotten goods, attitudes so thick it turns their eyes brown.

So - no. If my daughter wants to be involved in an organized sport of some sort it'll have to be one that doesn't attract those types of issues. At present, she's all about softball.

Gymnastics is every bit as dangerous as being a cheerleader, and both activities have similar injury rates.

Capture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom