• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you join if Musk starts a 2022 centrist populist movement?

• Total voters

Centrist

Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The poll comes from a text I got from a friend of mine. He likes Twitter more than I do, as I mentioned previously, in my opinion, companies like Twitter are moving capitalism in the wrong direction. I might even agree with Bernie Sanders on this one to split them up.

At the present time, Elon Musk is aiming hard at the left, especially at the practices on MSNBC. In my estimation, he will stop and soon start aiming at the logical choice, FOX News. The way my friend put it is:

"You shake the left, you shake the right, you get yourself, quality centrists". :D:D:D

I will vote maybe as with the issue with his business practice which leaves both of my options open depending on how he evolves.

Also, one thing I noticed is -> Multiple People are circulating a photo of him and Ghislaine Maxwell as "proof" that he was in the Epstein camp. False, the photo was from an event years ago and she just jumped in the picture. Musk's response was genius: "Why don't you ask the magazine why did they invite her".

Left Right.jpg

trying to manipulate the US for their own benefit.
I mean the Republican Party and the Democratic Party lobbying groups in the US are doing that already and have been doing it for years. In my opinion -> they market it as doing the work for the "people". :sleep:

I am more pragmatic, there will always be someone at the top. So MSNBC is there, Fox News is there, so why not a third force to rattle things? When you have different forces running in society, is harder for only 1 force to take the upperhand.

The poll comes from a text I got from a friend of mine. He likes Twitter more than I do, as I mentioned previously, in my opinion, companies like Twitter are moving capitalism in the wrong direction. I might even agree with Bernie Sanders on this one to split them up.

How could you split Twitter up? It only works because it's the only one

At the present time, Elon Musk is aiming hard at the left, especially at the practices on MSNBC. In my estimation, he will stop and soon start aiming at the logical choice, FOX News. The way my friend put it is:

"You shake the left, you shake the right, you get yourself, quality centrists". :D:D:D

I will vote maybe as with the issue with his business practice which leaves both of my options open depending on how he evolves.

Also, one thing I noticed is -> Multiple People are circulating a photo of him and Ghislaine Maxwell as "proof" that he was in the Epstein camp. False, the photo was from an event years ago and she just jumped in the picture. Musk's response was genius: "Why don't you ask the magazine why did they invite her".

View attachment 67389073
Absolutely. The thing is - you don't mean, "Centrist" my friend. You mean, full-on, right-wing, authoritarian, racist bullshit. Lets not beat around the bush, ok? You want free reign on Twitter to threaten and doxx people. That's why you want trump and people like him back.

"Centrist". Righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht. <shaking my head>

Musk should not get involved in politics, and I doubt that he is a centrist. We do not need another rich guy trying to manipulate the US for their own benefit.
He's just a nut drunk with power. Like all people drunk with power, he thinks is time to do some oligarchin'

I mean the Republican Party and the Democratic Party lobbying groups in the US are doing that already and have been doing it for years. In my opinion -> they market it as doing the work for the "people". :sleep:

I am more pragmatic, there will always be someone at the top. So MSNBC is there, Fox News is there, so why not a third force to rattle things? When you have different forces running in society, is harder for only 1 force to take the upperhand.
So, what's your idea for a "third source"? "Centrist TV?" All we do all day is bash Democrats, but don't worry, we're "centrist". LOL. Right.

View attachment 67389073
Musk is not a centrist.

When I hear centrist, I think let the status quo continue.

Absolutely. The thing is - you don't mean, "Centrist" my friend. You mean, full-on, right-wing, authoritarian, racist bullshit. Lets not beat around the bush, ok? You want free reign on Twitter to threaten and doxx people. That's why you want trump and people like him back.

"Centrist". Righhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht. <shaking my head>
Your thinking short term based on emotions in my opinion. In a few weeks when he will start attacking the right-wing machine at Fox News, you will come to warmer feelings.

Must have been a long night last night. This is how the left wants to attract people for their cause. It actually works against your cause but you keep fighting the good fight. It's exactly how a republican comes in and calls women all the names under the sun for "daring" to seek access to abortion. Same game, use some labels, works for people that think like you. I was told to use more humor on the board, so let me laugh a little bit. :LOL:

A nice lemonade helps to relax.

and I don't think Trump will ever be allowed on Twitter.

Last edited:
What is a centrist? I define it as "Some ideas from the left work here, some ideas from the right work there".

Balance, no?
And that isn't musk.

WTF does that even mean, centrist. Roe v Wade is supported by 62 to 70% (depending who you listen to) of Americans, is that not centrist, Universal Healthcare has similar numbers, is that not centrist.
Good Ideas start on the extreme left & work there way to becoming centrist, but only if they are covered while still extreme, people need time to think about new things. MAGA Cult is busy tearing down ideas for the good of the populence, is that centrist? Centrists sound like the folks who told black folks that we agree that y'all should be treated equally, but these things take time...

WTF does that even mean, centrist. Roe v Wade is supported by 62 to 70% (depending who you listen to) of Americans, is that not centrist, Universal Healthcare has similar numbers, is that not centrist.
Good Ideas start on the extreme left & work there way to becoming centrist, but only if they are covered while still extreme, people need time to think about new things. MAGA Cult is busy tearing down ideas for the good of the populence, is that centrist? Centrists sound like the folks who told black folks that we agree that y'all should be treated equally, but these things take time...
More emotion -> brings up race and abortion in the mix because they are emotional topics hoping to get a reaction.

My friend centrism in 2022 is different than centrism during the Civil Rights movement. You are comparing apples with oranges in my opinion.

and Trump is not coming back to Twitter, didn't they ban that other wonderful "member" of the right-wing Mr. Pillow? :ROFLMAO:

So, what's your idea for a "third source"? "Centrist TV?" All we do all day is bash Democrats, but don't worry, we're "centrist". LOL. Right.

The problem with Rep/cons bashing Dems is the Dems by all measure like it. There is a sado-masochistic relationship going on there. Yin-yang at best, at certain moments. Like Trump, Musk loves calling people out on the carpet, then pulling it out from under them. Out of designed confusion, chaos and anarchy, hallmarks of the Rep party, comes autocracy and tyranny, goals of the GOP.

I’d judge whatever political group he started on its merits. I wouldn’t vote for him for office though. He’s a narcissist and a troll, and the last thing we need is another of those in the WH. He may be centrist on social wedge issues but I’m not convinced he can relate at all with the people on kitchen table issues.

The problem with Rep/cons bashing Dems is the Dems by all measure like it. There is a sado-masochistic relationship going on there. Yin-yang at best, at certain moments. Like Trump, Musk loves calling people out on the carpet, then pulling it out from under them. Out of designed confusion, chaos and anarchy, hallmarks of the Rep party, comes autocracy and tyranny, goals of the GOP.
Did you just compare Musk with Trump?

Musk achieved great things with Paypal, Tesla, SpaceX, and revolutionary changes to technology that will be used for generations to come.

Trump left behind a disaster in terms of business. Bankruptcies and destroyed families on top of social unrest.

You are using "false equivalence" here. :D

More emotion -> brings up race and abortion in the mix because they are emotional topics hoping to get a reaction.

My friend centrism in 2022 is different than centrism during the Civil Rights movement. You are comparing apples with oranges in my opinion.

and Trump is not coming back to Twitter, didn't they ban that other wonderful "member" of the right-wing Mr. Pillow? :ROFLMAO:
I brought up abortion (RvW) & Healthcare because they have widespread approval, I brought up race, because the centrists said "these things take time" for hundreds of years.

I doubt Musk is a centrist-populist. He's an independent with varying degrees of left and right beliefs. In the end, he's in it for himself.

Exactly how Teddy Roosevelt broke up the oil industry. Bust the trust!

I'm not asking how it would be done, I'm asking hiw could twitter function if it was broken up because twitter only works because it's the only one of it kind

I don't like it. Not because it hurts my feelings. It's because the decorum and civility of this nation as taken a nose-dive. If you ask a Republican, it's because "The Democrats made me do it". Seriously, it's the Republicans - they're out to destroy us - I'm not exaggerating. We're going to become Belarus, bashing minorities and gays and loyal to Putin.

I doubt Musk is a centrist-populist. He's an independent with varying degrees of left and right beliefs. In the end, he's in it for himself.
I agree, of course, he is not. Every leader of any populist movement does not care 1 bit about the masses. Self-interest.

This is why I love the Canadian system. You vote locally towards the PM, your member for which you have more visibility. I voted for all 3: started with NDP when I first arrived, then Conservative, and the last one was with the Liberals. Will not vote Green, not realistic. I can help the environment by being responsible at home.

Back
Top Bottom