• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you hire a person intending to vote for Trump?

Would you hire a person intending to vote forTrump?

• Total voters

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Just wondering now since we've had 4 years to see exactly what Trump is.

You either own your own business or are in a position to make hires. Can you really hire someone with a Trump bumper sticker on their car or someone who has stated intentions to vote for Trump?

Can you really think that this is a good person to have to deal with clients of color, customers of color, and coworkers of color? If you don't think that's a major problem, I just don't know what to tell you.

I work with lots of trumpsters. I am in construction. We hire those white.working.class faux.news watchers. They make me money. If they weren't so stupid they could find a better job. Most have no employer furnished.health care but they still vote republican. They hate all the free stuff poor people get. Obviously they don't look in the mirror.

I work with lots of trumpsters. I am in construction. We hire those white.working.class faux.news watchers. They make me money. If they weren't so stupid they could find a better job. Most have no employer furnished.health care but they still vote republican. They hate all the free stuff poor people get. Obviously they don't look in the mirror.

Most every legit construction company offers insurance.

Your's must be one of those sleaze bag outfits.

We've been short handed for years; clean articulate with a pulse, bonus points for supporting Trump.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You either own your own business or are in a position to make hires. Can you really hire someone with a Trump bumper sticker on their car or someone who has stated intentions to vote for Trump?

Can you really think that this is a good person to have to deal with clients of color, customers of color, and coworkers of color? If you don't think that's a major problem, I just don't know what to tell you.

It would raise issues as to their judgment of character, generally awareness, and, I would do a double take one whether I thought they were otherwise intelligent, but if the candidate was otherwise qualified, didn't talk politics around me, yes. And, I have.

Last edited:
I don't care who a person votes for. That is a personal choice. Anyone who got hired would have to follow personnel guidelines. Hire the best qualified person you can get.

Well it is only fair they didn't since I know people who didn't hire applicants who had Obama stickers and window flags.

Isn't that called ... discrimination and it's illegal to do so explicitly or implicitly?

I don't care who a person votes for. That is a personal choice. Anyone who got hired would have to follow personnel guidelines. Hire the best qualified person you can get.

Exactly! If the person can provide the required services (or even excel at them), why would it matter who they vote for or support? I wouldn't discriminate against an experienced, purple-hair, snowflake if they are qualified and able to fulfill the job requirements.

So it's stupid to work for your company regardless of who you vote for?

We have zero liberals on our executive committee.

We do employee quite of few liberals in the janitorial and housekeeping areas.

I wouldn't hire a known "hoaxer" or "anti masker". I can't fault someone for voting for Trump given the BLM disaster.

Most every legit construction company offers insurance.

Your's must be one of those sleaze bag outfits.

Most have health care for management level workers but not for field hires. Pretty much the.norm around here. Of course.this is one of those right to work states. I am sure where unions support their workers they have employer furnished health care.

Why not? Long as they're a good employee. We know lots of people who'll probably vote for Trump. We don't discuss politics with them.

I just hired a mexican guy who's voting for trump. He's very good at the job, very smart, graduated from a good university, and easy to get along with. I don't think he's among the top performers here, but that's because he's just been hired 3 months ago, and is being compared to 60 other people in the same position. However, he speaks spanish so he is able to talk to our Spanish clients while our most experienced teams can't.

Maybe he'll change his mind the day before election and vote for Biden.

He's good, it is what it is, and I don't care. He was the best of our applicants, and that's just how it is.

I have had a number of businesses, if I had the need to justify employment to an individual by a political decision, I should be sacked immediately, I wouldn't be fit for purpose.
Only a cretin or bigot would use that form of criteria in the selection process. My job in employing anyone is to make the business as viable and as profitable with they're assistance. I'm not a team player, I'm a player in the business and with other member of the team, from the highest to the lowest we create the profitability and longevity of the business to the benefit of all, from share holders to those that clean the toilets. We all are paid!
For those that would make this decision, on a political basis, I hope to God, you never have that authority.

As for saying your of this political persuasion or that, or these ones who vote democracy are toilet cleaners, you are bigots..... and perhaps, .....racists! If the cap fits..... wear it!

Last edited:
Since most of the Biden voters are pieces of **** layabouts looking for excuses to NOT work, you would sort of HAVE to hire a potential Trump voter. Of course...if you WERE actually a business owner and not some idiot leftist that didnt know ****-all about business you would hire the best qualified candidates.

Voted "I don't care who they are going to vote for". Ideally, a person's political views are not really a concern for employers particularly as it is discriminatory. If they work hard, are good at the job and don't cause too much trouble, it shouldn't be an issue.

Since most of the Biden voters are pieces of **** layabouts looking for excuses to NOT work, you would sort of HAVE to hire a potential Trump voter. Of course...if you WERE actually a business owner and not some idiot leftist that didnt know ****-all about business you would hire the best qualified candidates.

I have know some right wingers who fit your statement about the left. Just saying.

The one thing we can agree on is a employer should hire the best qualified candidate they can get.

I have know some right wingers who fit your statement about the left. Just saying.

The one thing we can agree on is a employer should hire the best qualified candidate they can get.
No doubt...both sides have a pretty fair amount of partisans.

I am a Trump supporter and you just called me a racist because of it. More DEMONRAT out of control race baiting.

I voted probably. In most cases I would but if they really were a far right nutjob white supremacist I would not. But, those are just a small minority, unlike what the left would have you believe.

No. Wouldn't do it. They brought that piece of human trash into my life. Their choice for President has essentially killed people. Piss on them. (No, I didn't care for Hillary either but reading how sleazy Trump was/is, there's no way I would have voted for it/him.)

Yep.
I'm employing someone to do a job it shouldn't matter who they vote for.
I don't like Trump one bit but people are free to vote for whoever they like.

I would refuse to employ them if they didn't like cake though as that's just wrong on a whole new level.

Has America came so far and become so entangled in Politics , that we are to judge an Individuals capability and character based on their political preference???

In answer to your question if any person is capable of doing a good job with good character , hygiene and no absentee or late problems . YES I would hire him/her whether they voted for Trump or Biden.

I ran into a similar situation before about the job not the persons beliefs.

Some time ago Mel Gibson was stopped by the police for DWI, one of his statements was "DAMN JEWS ARE TAKING OVER EVERYTHING."
Now #1 I hate bigots , #2 I have been and remain a staunch supporter of Israel .

However, although I would not have Mel Gibson in my house or would I have dinner with Mel Gibson.
I have never missed any of his movies before or since why? , because he is a good actor and he makes good movies.:peace

I can't think of any way that anyone would ever know who someone was going to vote for. MAGA hat worn to the interview would only indicate a lack of class. Everyone knows that you remove your hat for the interview.

Back
Top Bottom