• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you hire a person intending to vote for Trump?

Would you hire a person intending to vote forTrump?

• Total voters
I can't think of any way that anyone would ever know who someone was going to vote for. MAGA hat worn to the interview would only indicate a lack of class. Everyone knows that you remove your hat for the interview.
You can smell hippies......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just wondering now since we've had 4 years to see exactly what Trump is.

You either own your own business or are in a position to make hires. Can you really hire someone with a Trump bumper sticker on their car or someone who has stated intentions to vote for Trump?

Can you really think that this is a good person to have to deal with clients of color, customers of color, and coworkers of color? If you don't think that's a major problem, I just don't know what to tell you.

Why would a Trump voter have problems dealing with people of color? Please give a reason that's actually supported by facts, as opposed to your made up narrative.

What about a black person who voted for Trump?

What about someone who just voted for Trump because he doesn't want the government to take his money away and give it to people who snuck into the country illegally?

What about someone who just voted for Trump because she wants to pay less taxes, or doesn't want to have to live under idiotic gun laws?

You either own your own business or are in a position to make hires. Can you really hire someone with a Trump bumper sticker on their car or someone who has stated intentions to vote for Trump?

Can you really think that this is a good person to have to deal with clients of color, customers of color, and coworkers of color? If you don't think that's a major problem, I just don't know what to tell you.

As long as their horrid political values didn't affect their work values and ability, sure. In fact, one of my favorite coworkers years ago was a strong 45 supporter. But he didn't bring it up every five minutes, nor did it impede his ability to get the job done.

Why would a Trump voter have problems dealing with people of color?

Confused-baby.jpg

We've been short handed for years; clean articulate with a pulse, bonus points for supporting Trump.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It would raise issues as to their judgment of character, generally awareness, and, I would do a double take one whether I thought they were otherwise intelligent, but if the candidate was otherwise qualified, didn't talk politics around me, yes. And, I have.

I don't care who a person votes for. That is a personal choice. Anyone who got hired would have to follow personnel guidelines. Hire the best qualified person you can get.

Why not? Long as they're a good employee. We know lots of people who'll probably vote for Trump. We don't discuss politics with them.

Voted "I don't care who they are going to vote for". Ideally, a person's political views are not really a concern for employers particularly as it is discriminatory. If they work hard, are good at the job and don't cause too much trouble, it shouldn't be an issue.

I have know some right wingers who fit your statement about the left. Just saying.

The one thing we can agree on is a employer should hire the best qualified candidate they can get.

So you guys aren't concerned about how Trump voters would act around the people of color they come into contact with?

So you guys aren't concerned about how Trump voters would act around the people of color they come into contact with?

Most racists are Trump supporters, but I don't assume all Trump supporters are racist.... I do assume, however, Trump supporters have 1 or more of the following: poor judgement of character; are poorly informed; are bigots; or not very bright. So, since one of those attributes is bigotry, I guess you are right, I should be worried about the bigotry factor.

Last edited:
To be honest here if I were interviewing someone I would never ask about their politics. So the only way I'd know is if they somehow brought it up, or showed up in Maga gear or something. Which if someone brought up politics or showed up in political garb to an interview I wouldn't hire them.

And this isn't unique to Trump, no matter how disgusting of a person he is. If an interviewee showed up in Biden gear or talking about Biden I wouldn't hire them either.

This question isn't in the realm of job hiring.

To be truthful. More than likely not. I'd just automatically think they're were racist. Awful as that may sound, I just don't know what rational reason anyone would vote for the "Oh Fake Pumpkin".

They need not tell me their political affiliation.

Last edited:
What sort of question is that? Since when is it ok to discriminate, even ask about political lean?

To call all Trump supporter racist is an unfair stereotype just like calling women irrational or calling black people violent. Its amazing how well liberals have embraced tolerance for all groups of all races, sexual orientations, religions, and cultures. But liberals still have a hard time extending this tolerance to Christians and conservatives.

Are you claiming all Trump supporters have a problem with "people of color"? If so, what is your evidence.

Now if you are claiming a percentage of Trump supporters are "racist", I would most likely not disagree. Just as there are "racists" who do not support Trump.

Racist and people who have problems with "people of color" are from all walks of life and political views.

Most racists are Trump supporters,

That's world class horse poo right there.

Some of the most racist people I've ever met have been Democrats, including a fair number of African Americans.

I'm pretty sure Soros wouldn't.

privately, yes. But I don't think that is a professional way to run a business if the objective is to make money. I don't give a great deal of stock to companies who advertise themselves as having a social conscience, because I think they've just done a cost-benefit analysis and decided they will get more customers if they do x,y and z to improve their brand. If you want a company to do something other than make a profit and it is really important they get it right- you get the state to regulate it because the company cannot be trusted to regulate itself. That way there is at least have a consistent set of rules operating throughout the national economy in order for people to do business and you are more likely to get the result you are hoping for.

If you hire someone, you hire them to do a job and that's it. In order to maintain a professional environment, they shouldn't bring their political beliefs in to the workplace. You are going to hire people with political views different from you own and that is the nature of a working environment and you just want to avoid the disruption engaging in those controversies causes.

The only exception I'd name off hand is in the case of worker's rights to organise a union to protect their interests, but there is an actual structure in the relationships between management and union representatives which limits the scope of politicisation by getting unionised workers to act in solidarity as a single entity. Outside of strike action, the degree of politicisation is therefore actually fairly controlled and is not an "every man for himself situation" where everyone is at each others throats which would make working together impossible.

Ultimately, if an employee is disruptive or abuses an employee or a customer for any reason- it should be dealt with. What they do in the privacy of their own homes or in the polling booth is their own business and not an employers. If they can't respect that work and home are separate entities, with different rules of conduct, then they may have to leave.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom