• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you go to Cleveland for the RNC

Would You?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Cleveland? Really?

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Winchester

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Assuming you had a place to stay w/in walking distance to the Quicken Loans Arena.

Absolutely not, then again there is little reason for me to go to a RNC anywhere.

Call me crazy, but I love Cleveland.

I actually don't mind Cleveland. As a general rule I hate people and crowds... but I'm finding the lure of experiencing this hard to resist.

I'll be there to watch the riots funded by George Soros trying for a redux of the democrats in 1968

Soros is spending millions to fund these protest organizations. He should be arrested. He pissed Putin off, so he'd better watch his back.

Soros is not a US citizen, and should be arrested and held responsible for funding the Ferguson riots.

Cleveland is a nice town with some neat places to visit. We went last summer for a Tigers game and took the city bus tour which was really informative. I would go there again.

But having said that, if you are not part of a political convention itself - in other words inside the event - its a big waste of time because you see nothing with security keeping everyone far away.

I remember in 68 I went to Chicago to participate in protests at the Dem Convention but got in on Sunday - spent a few hours in Grand Park and drove back to Detroit that same night. You could just feel a real negative vibe in the air and tanks on some streets are never a good sign. In hindsight look back at what happened later that week, it was a good decision.

In 72 I was a delegate to the Miami convention and the security was amazing. And I am sure its even tighter now.

But if you go- enjoy. Lucky's cafe in the Tremont district has the best breakfast in town and Michael Simon has a couple of restaurants - one in the same Tremont neighborhood. A few blocks away you can tour the CHRISTMAS STORY house which is lots of fun and the church where the DEERHUNTER wedding was filmed is about 500 feet from Lucky's.

I'll be there to watch the riots funded by George Soros trying for a redux of the democrats in 1968

Soros is spending millions to fund these protest organizations. He should be arrested. He pissed Putin off, so he'd better watch his back.

Soros is not a US citizen, and should be arrested and held responsible for funding the Ferguson riots.

:lamo

Violence could well break out--inside Quicken Loans Arena if Trump's racist followers don't get their way!

Assuming you had a place to stay w/in walking distance to the Quicken Loans Arena.

this was my experience for the 2012 DNC convention; within walking distance of the convention center

went uptown to see James Taylor perform in center city ... after walking about 4X the normal distance to get there due to a variety of law enforcement barricades

most businesses in the center city had their employees work from home that week. good call

unless you have RNC business it is only a more secured environment than if a business convention was being held

don't change your plans to attend it. but if you have time to kill, why not stroll around and watch the tourists

Cleveland is a nice town with some neat places to visit. We went last summer for a Tigers game and took the city bus tour which was really informative. I would go there again.

But having said that, if you are not part of a political convention itself - in other words inside the event - its a big waste of time because you see nothing with security keeping everyone far away.

I remember in 68 I went to Chicago to participate in protests at the Dem Convention but got in on Sunday - spent a few hours in Grand Park and drove back to Detroit that same night. You could just feel a real negative vibe in the air and tanks on some streets are never a good sign. In hindsight look back at what happened later that week, it was a good decision.

In 72 I was a delegate to the Miami convention and the security was amazing. And I am sure its even tighter now.

But if you go- enjoy. Lucky's cafe in the Tremont district has the best breakfast in town and Michael Simon has a couple of restaurants - one in the same Tremont neighborhood. A few blocks away you can tour the CHRISTMAS STORY house which is lots of fun and the church where the DEERHUNTER wedding was filmed is about 500 feet from Lucky's.
Security was extremely tight for the 2012 DNC in Charlotte. You couldn't get within a several mile radius of the Arena without passing multiple checkpoints and security checks.

But the good thing was, there were pretty much ZERO safety incidents, which was great.

this was my experience for the 2012 DNC convention; within walking distance of the convention center

went uptown to see James Taylor perform in center city ... after walking about 4X the normal distance to get there due to a variety of law enforcement barricades

most businesses in the center city had their employees work from home that week. good call

unless you have RNC business it is only a more secured environment than if a business convention was being held

don't change your plans to attend it. but if you have time to kill, why not stroll around and watch the tourists

Was that the same James Taylor performance that also had the Jeff Bridges band playing at it?

If so, I was there too.

Security was extremely tight for the 2012 DNC in Charlotte. You couldn't get within a several mile radius of the Arena without passing multiple checkpoints and security checks.

But the good thing was, there were pretty much ZERO safety incidents, which was great.

Mission accomplished then.

No, I am in Bankruptcy, tried to start a regional restaurant chain and it did not work, but in spirit I am there if it looks like the establishment will try to rob Trump of the nomination and thus put down this revolution.

Sure, I'd go. I've been to a few Republican conventions and they're always fun. Of course I'd spend half the time weeping because Trump is the nominee. But a flask of good bourbon will help that.

Back
Top Bottom