• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

• Total voters

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Last edited:

Gipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I'd make it my new favorite place and "hangout".

If you can't afford a babysitter for a couple hours, you can't afford to go out to a decent restaurant for a meal. Hit the golden arches where they serve your kind.

rivrrat

Goddess of Bacon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If they served good food, it would probably become one of my regular places to eat.

Catz Part Deux

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hell yes.

Let me say this as a parent...there is no reason that your children can't be taught to eat a meal properly in a restaurant that doesn't serve chicken fingers and french fries. My kids did it all the time. And, if one of my kids acted up, he/she was taken outside or to the restroom until the behavior stopped so as not to disturb other patrons. Those are THE PARENT RULES. That's what you are supposed to do. Children are supposed to SIT IN A CHAIR AND EAT. If you have a toddler, you should plan to bring snacks/activities to keep them occupied. Your children are NOT supposed to run around a restaurant or speak in outdoor voices. This is not ****ing rocket science.

tlmorg02

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I like many others here would make it my new favorite restaurant!

Spartacus FPV

Better You = Better World
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Where are the parents who would use government to force restaurant patrons to suffer their bad parenting? This cant be a one sided issue...

marduc

don't panic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Can we get an airline that does this as well?

Johnny

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This would be my regular spot.

Coronado

Voluntary Resignation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hell yes.

Let me say this as a parent...there is no reason that your children can't be taught to eat a meal properly in a restaurant that doesn't serve chicken fingers and french fries. My kids did it all the time. And, if one of my kids acted up, he/she was taken outside or to the restroom until the behavior stopped so as not to disturb other patrons. Those are THE PARENT RULES. That's what you are supposed to do. Children are supposed to SIT IN A CHAIR AND EAT. If you have a toddler, you should plan to bring snacks/activities to keep them occupied. Your children are NOT supposed to run around a restaurant or speak in outdoor voices. This is not ****ing rocket science.
QED.

We've never had trouble at a restaurant with our kid. We have taken her out all kinds of places at a very early age, which I think helps. It also helps to insist on correct behavior.

This restaurant is simply a response to parents who apparently don't have what it takes to control their children.

Coronado

Voluntary Resignation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Where are the parents who would use government to force restaurant patrons to suffer their bad parenting? This cant be a one sided issue...
The government isn't being enlisted. It is the owner of the restaurant that is instituting these rules.

Barbbtx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I misunderstood. I should have said yes.
I thought they were banning all kids, not just crying, screaming ones.
Some people don't get to go out to eat often. They shouldn't have it ruined by kids.
If teens/adults were being disruptive and acting like butts, they would be asked to leave. I see no difference in asking someone to leave or refusing service to someone with a screaming baby.

Catz Part Deux

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hell, I'd like to kick drunk, misbehaving adults off of planes. ****ing stupid rules that keep us from opening the door during flights.

Coronado

Voluntary Resignation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From your lips to God's ears.

There's been more than a couple of times I've wanted to stuff a screaming brat and his parents through the airplane window. No jury with anyone who has ever been on a plane would convict me, either.

marduc

don't panic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If only we could kick screaming kids off planes. But alas. That whole "falling to their death" thing kinda hampers it.
We could just toss them out of the plane really softly...

Gipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Still zero that voted no.

Personally I only know of one who may vote no, and she's not here yet.

marduc

don't panic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
From your lips to God's ears.

There's been more than a couple of times I've wanted to stuff a screaming brat and his parents through the airplane window. No jury with anyone who has ever been on a plane would convict me, either.
Every flight where my game plan is to catch a few zzz's while airborne it seems that screaming kids just materialize out of thin air. so if we toss them out the plane they will just magically dissipate in thin air right?

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
amen to that. I recently flew from alabama to utah and back. on the leg from AL to Phoenix i was stuck behind a lady and her screaming infant. on the leg from Phoenix to Salt Lake I was stuck in front of a guy and his yapping dog. On the return trip I was stuck beside a lady so damn fat that her blubber spilled over the arm rest and took up nearly half of my seat.

phattonez

Traditionalist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I wouldn't go to it because I probably couldn't afford it. But if I could, then screw those family restaurants.

I'm actually more annoyed by the fact that almost all restaurants add about 10 pounds of salt to every meal they serve. I know I'm young, but no one's heart can handle that.

Fiddytree

Neocon Elitist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Yes, but there was a good point that I had not immediately considered, which I found odd because I have been heavily involved in the following community. The incident in question was also in problem because the children were autistic.

Still, Chambliss, who said she believes the sign violates the American with Disabilities Act, contends the restaurant’s owner basically said her autistic child was not welcome there.
“She looked at me and said, ‘I cannot believe you even take him in public. You must be the only one,’ ” Chambliss told WECT.

Last edited:

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Yes, but there was a good point that I had not immediately considered, which I found odd because I have been heavily involved in the following community. The incident in question was also in problem because the children were autistic.
so because the kids are autistic the other patrons should just have to put up with bad behavior? I feel for the parents of kids with disabilities, but that doesn't give them the right to intrude upon the rights of others.

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. damn that Vulcan logic.

Catz Part Deux

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I was too quick on the yes trigger.

As far as the child with disabilities, it sucks, but there are MANY restaurants that are loud and where a child is not going to disturb other patrons.

Spartacus FPV

Better You = Better World
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The government isn't being enlisted. It is the owner of the restaurant that is instituting these rules.
Yes, I know that. Reread what I wrote.

I was asking where are those who would vote no, who would abhore this, cry injustice, and enlist the government to force these restaurant owners to abolish these rules.

Catz Part Deux

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Yes, I know that. Reread what I wrote.

I was asking where are those who would vote no, who would abhore this, cry injustice, and enlist the government to force these restaurant owners to abolish these rules.
You mean, for instance, the woman who is claiming that this was discrimination under ADA? Yeah, she needs to drink a nice hot cup of shut the **** up.

Top Bottom