• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you force Hillary to Resign if it meant Trump had to resign? Or vice versa?

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just an interesting pontification. If you got to sit down with both parties at a mediation table, and the offer came up that if Hillary/Trump were removed from the election, then trump/Hillary would be as well, would you take that offer? If not...why? If so...why?

I think I would take it. And I think it would be a beautiful thing for our nation. We know Trump is a jackass. We also know that Hillary is corrupt. Even Obama knows that and made it clear that he felt that way in 2008. But I think both parties are deadlocked so hard because of their fear of the other that they will not acknowledge how truly awful their respective candidate is. So. Would you?

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Who would take their place?

Third party? I'd take that deal so fast it'd blow trumps "hair" off.

But more of the same?

Why? What's the difference?

Just an interesting pontification. If you got to sit down with both parties at a mediation table, and the offer came up that if Hillary/Trump were removed from the election, then trump/Hillary would be as well, would you take that offer? If not...why? If so...why?

I think I would take it. And I think it would be a beautiful thing for our nation. We know Trump is a jackass. We also know that Hillary is corrupt. Even Obama knows that and made it clear that he felt that way in 2008. But I think both parties are deadlocked so hard because of their fear of the other that they will not acknowledge how truly awful their respective candidate is. So. Would you?

I am taking it, I'm voting Johnson. Screw Trump, screw Hillary.

the BIG thing is trump is the REAL conservative here..... NOT the big oil people like the bush's and cruz who does not want the REAL conservative policy of conserving the future of the nation... these are conservative to ONLY their money agenda same as the democrats and that is why both sides goes after trump because he is like teddy roosevelt and will stop monopolies that does conserve each individual industry's money BUT does the opposite for the nation as a whole.... trump will allow inventions and competition that then will push america to progress

Who would take their place?

Third party? I'd take that deal so fast it'd blow trumps "hair" off.

But more of the same?

Why? What's the difference?

There is a big difference between a Bush/Obama/Kerry/Sanders/Cruz/etc ad Nauseam.

Hillary and trump are downright awful. Both deserve prison. I can't say the same for other candidates.

the BIG thing is trump is the REAL conservative here..... NOT the big oil people like the bush's and cruz who does not want the REAL conservative policy of conserving the future of the nation... these are conservative to ONLY their money agenda same as the democrats and that is why both sides goes after trump because he is like teddy roosevelt and will stop monopolies that does conserve each individual industry's money BUT does the opposite for the nation as a whole.... trump will allow inventions and competition that then will push america to progress

So a "real conservative" supports abortion, universal healthcare and gun control?

How is trump a real conservative? He was a democrat. And Hillary supporter.

How is trump a real conservative? He was a democrat. And Hillary supporter.

trump was a conservative as a business man in new york.... a family conservative he was.... he pretended to be a democrat to gain access to building his business around liberals .....so he built his business and conserved for his family.... he was against abortion.... he conserved by having all of his kids and not killing any like the democrats..

BUT then he saw how the nation is being harmed by letting individuals conserve in ANY way they can.... some conserves more money by having abortions which trump did not..... BUT trump now is trying to CONSERVE the NATION like he did his family... to conserve the nation one must do like teddy roosevelt is to stop monopolies.... this then brings more inventions and competition and pushes america to prosperity... yes a REAL CONSERVATIVE for the NATION

It would be dependent on BS being removed from the table as well

There is a big difference between a Bush/Obama/Kerry/Sanders/Cruz/etc ad Nauseam.

Hillary and trump are downright awful. Both deserve prison. I can't say the same for other candidates.

Not really. They are all corporatist a, and as such, follow more or less the same path. I mean, look at how this nation has gone, the general trajectory, since, say, the late 80s. Just a weird coincidence, that, no matter who is in office, we travel in more or less the same direction, despite campaign rhetoric, or, is it by design?

Slightly pointless speculation as it is an inconceivable scenario. Neither is going to 'sit down at a mediation table'. Why would they?

I'd love it if both of them withdrew, for the health of your nation and the wellbeing of the world, but what possible reason would Trump or Clinton have for even admitting the possibility of this?

trump was a conservative as a business man in new york.... a family conservative he was.... he pretended to be a democrat to gain access to building his business around liberals .....so he built his business and conserved for his family.... he was against abortion.... he conserved by having all of his kids and not killing any like the democrats..

BUT then he saw how the nation is being harmed by letting individuals conserve in ANY way they can.... some conserves more money by having abortions which trump did not..... BUT trump now is trying to CONSERVE the NATION like he did his family... to conserve the nation one must do like teddy roosevelt is to stop monopolies.... this then brings more inventions and competition and pushes america to prosperity... yes a REAL CONSERVATIVE for the NATION

Sorry man. I'm not going to believe that someone who will compromise his morals and give money to democrats is a real conservative.

It would be dependent on BS being removed from the table as well

2 steaming likes would be removed: Hillary and Trump lol.

Which local L candidates are you voting for???

We have quite a few candidates on the ballots for both state and federal positions. So I can vote for libertarian senators and representatives on both the State and Federal level.

Essentially what you are talking about is a "do over". I can't imagine many people who wouldn't want a do over rather than face the presidential train wreck we are all looking at.

We have quite a few candidates on the ballots for both state and federal positions. So I can vote for libertarian senators and representatives on both the State and Federal level.

School board?? City council? County commission?? Time for "Vote for Ikari for irrigation district 8 representative!" signs!!

School board?? City council? County commission?? Time for "Vote for Ikari for irrigation district 8 representative!" signs!!

Devout libertarian. I think ikari what abolish many of those unneeded positions. ;) can't say I would disagree

I don't think there are libertarian candidates for those positions on the ballot this time. Though we do have one as Ken-Caryl Water and Sanitation Board and another as Silt Town Trustee.

Why am I a "sister"?

LMAO! If you will notice...I never use gender specific terms with you. I don't think I've ever seen you state what gender you are, not that it matters.

If the question is whether, upon giving my word, both Trump and Clinton would be disqualified from the election, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom