• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you feel safer on an airplane if everyone could bring their guns onboard?

ould you feel safer on an airplane if everyone could bring their guns onboard?

• Total voters

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

No I would not feel safer at all.

I am the biggest 2nd amendment supporter out there.

But................... a Jetliner would be the worst place on earth with a accidental discharge.

Most guns can't even be safely fired in a pressurized cabin. An air Marshall will be just fine, thank you.

Possibly. Possibly not. What I do know is that prior to the gun restrictions, guns could be carried in carry on baggage and I know of no instances where it was a problem.

Now ask me about 3.1 oz of toothpaste, or nail clippers

No I would not feel safer at all.

I am the biggest 2nd amendment supporter out there.

But................... a Jetliner would be the worst place on earth with a accidental discharge.

I feel the same way about most public places such as airliners, schools, hospitals , courtrooms etc yet like you I support 2nd amendment rights.

Guns in the possession of humans on planes is crazy.

no. Airplanes are the safest form of transporation, unless you are flying out of Malaysia.

I feel the same way about most public places such as airliners, schools, hospitals , courtrooms etc yet like you I support 2nd amendment rights.

Can just one bullet cause a building to crash and thus kill everyone?

I dont think you have thought this through.

Are they going to still allow alcohol?
Drunks and guns on a airplane.What could possibly go wrong?

I'm not so much concerned with gun owners and their rights, but I am concerned with accidental discharge of a firearm in a pressure controlled environment. I'd rather just have armed air marshals on flights with passengers not being able to bring a gun on board.

A simple discharge of a firearm in a jet liner cabin would present no particular threat to the integrity of the plane.

Explosive decompression from a bullet only happens in movies.

Can just one bullet cause a building to crash and thus kill everyone?

I dont think you have thought this through.

If one pair of box cutters can make a plane crash into a building...then whose to say that one bullet can't bring down a building?

Up until the early 70's you went to the airport, checked your bag if you needed to and walked to your gate. There was no metal detector and no security screening. The main reason they started with metal detectors was because of hijackings. There was a rash of idiots that wanted to go to Cuba or Russia so the FAA started mandating baggage checks and metal detectors. There has never been a rash of shootings on planes and planes don't violently decompress or anything when a hole the size of a bullet appears in the fuselage.

I'm no more concerned about guns on planes than I am about guns in restaurants or shopping malls.

High Noon in economy? I love it!

I'm not so much concerned with gun owners and their rights, but I am concerned with accidental discharge of a firearm in a pressure controlled environment. I'd rather just have armed air marshals on flights with passengers not being able to bring a gun on board.

An aimed miss would be as effective.

A simple discharge of a firearm in a jet liner cabin would present no particular threat to the integrity of the plane.

Explosive decompression from a bullet only happens in movies.

Exactly, or they wouldn't arm sky marshalls. It makes for fun movies however.

No maybe about it. I'll take my facts from scientists rather than Hollywood producers. It's like firing bullets into a gas tank to make it explode. Another Hollywood myth.

Back
Top Bottom