• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you feel "safe" using this bathroom?

Would you feel safe?

• I'm a woman - no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a woman - truly depends on how badly I need to go

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But you are basing that on today's social stigmas. Right?

If it was the norm to have all genders in the same restroom, doesn't it change this rumor type theme?

We live in today... not some special place you are imagining.

In the US does anyone bathe in a 'bathroom' or have a quiet nap in a 'restroom'?

They are called that because US bathrooms generally havea bath tub in it and restroom is an older saying when there used to be resting chairs either in the restroom or in a palor just outside it.

Don't think I've ever felt unsafe using a restroom. This would not change things.

For the sake of posteriority this is a question that must be addressed! :moon:

Safe? Safe from what? Other people? I have rested my (T)rump in 3rd world **** holes and 5 star hotels and I can truthfully say that I have never felt threatened in a bathroom by anyone. It matters not to me who might also be using the same bathroom.

Having had dysentery twice I feel somewhat knowledgeable about extended bathroom visits in foreign lands. All things being equal I prefer my own facilities. Nothing like familiarity can make an extended visit more comfortable. ;)

Butt, no, I have never felt threatened by other people in a bathroom.

There was an incident once where using a trough in Amsterdam that I had to abruptly change my aim as a cleaning woman insisted on cleaning the trough while a few of us were using it. Seems she wasn't concerned about being caught in a crossfire.

If you mean safe from disease I'd have no reason to believe the OP bathroom would or wouldn't be reasonably clean. I would say that I have never copped a squat in an airplane bathroom and sincerely hope I never have to.

That is a lot more than I needed to know. :mrgreen:

That is a lot more than I needed to know. :mrgreen:

I did not include my experience in a truck stop bathroom in Ty Ty, just up the road from Vidalia. Ty Ty is on the map though you might need to look it up. Being from Georgia made the experience tolerable. But I was wearing a suit at the time and on my way back home to Cobb County.

I also had some pie and a cup of coffee. As I paid the cashier I notice a sign behind her that said, "Free coffee for gay truck drivers" and asked the woman, "What the hell? Are you kidding me? Is that sign for real?"

She looked at me and grinned, "Honey, we ain't gave away one cup of coffee yet."

I did not include my experience in a truck stop bathroom in Ty Ty, just up the road from Vidalia. Ty Ty is on the map though you might need to look it up. Being from Georgia made the experience tolerable. But I was wearing a suit at the time and on my way back home to Cobb County.

I also had some pie and a cup of coffee. As I paid the cashier I notice a sign behind her that said, "Free coffee for gay truck drivers" and asked the woman, "What the hell? Are you kidding me? Is that sign for real?"

She looked at me and grinned, "Honey, we ain't gave away one cup of coffee yet."

Heh. I know you meant that as a joke, but out in rural Georgia, I believe it. There are places out there where it is not safe to be LGBTQ.

Also, I had never heard of Ty Ty before you mentioned it!

And you asked her what grade she got in English class... right?

Heh. I know you meant that as a joke, but out in rural Georgia, I believe it. There are places out there where it is not safe to be LGBTQ.

Also, I had never heard of Ty Ty before you mentioned it!

I never had heard of it either. Wasn't much there when I was there. It may be a booming metropolis now. Probably not. My family probably doesn't know where it is.

And you asked her what grade she got in English class... right?

Naw, man. Redneck is my first language. If that woman had talked like an Oxford English graduate it would have scared the hell out of me. Plus, I might not have understood her. ;)

Signs like this really just highlight the issue, although I don't necessarily disagree with it.

Unisex bathrooms have been around a long time. Whats wrong with a sign that just says "Bathroom" or "Rest Room" without any gender symbolism or specifications (Assuming lockable single occupant/family bathroom)? It will no longer be an issue when everyone stops treating it like an issue. My personal opinion is that going out of the way to advertise trans friendly bathrooms does as much to fan the flames as put them out, even though I agree in principle.

Because people have been trained to look for the bathroom for their gender, especially kids.

If there is no gender identification, they w ill not know they can enter.

Back
Top Bottom