• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you feel "safe" using this bathroom?

Would you feel safe?

• I'm a woman - no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a woman - truly depends on how badly I need to go

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you had to use the bathroom in a public building/venue, and you came across this sign at the entrance:

21098_img_0272f.jpg

would you feel "safe" entering and doing your business?

As Peter Thiel so perfectly put it during his speech at the RNC:

"The great debate is now who gets to use which bathroom," Thiel said. "That is a distraction from our real problems. Who cares?"

Have to agree with ocean515

This is nothing but another giant distraction to divide/distract people over something really stupid.

Why would the White House send out really stupid guidance that has zero lawful standing?

Last edited:
Sure, the sign is stupid though. Probably would still look for a men's room first before using that one, but that's only because I doubt that bathroom has a urinal.

If you're a guy, it doesn't matter. You can piss on the floor if you want. All that matters is having a spot where you don't get busted for indecent exposure or public urination.

As Peter Thiel so perfectly put it during his speech at the RNC:

"The great debate is now who gets to use which bathroom," Thiel said. "That is a distraction from our real problems. Who cares?"

Have to agree with ocean515

This is nothing but another giant distraction to divide/distract people over something really stupid.

Why would the White send out really stupid guidance that has zero lawful standing?

Back a few months ago A LOT of people sure seemed to care.

The second men and women started using bathrooms together the entire country was going to implode into anarchy.
Rape, child molestation, and all sorts of heinous stuff was going to take over the world.

I agree it's a non-issue.

But damn if I can go searching around this forum and find plenty of threads where lost of posts sure point to it being a HUGE issue for some.

The second men and women started using bathrooms together the entire country was going to implode into anarchy.
Rape, child molestation, and all sorts of heinous stuff was going to take over the world.

But damn if I can go searching around this forum and find plenty of threads where lost of posts sure point to it being a HUGE issue for some.

Well, I think if your search were done objectively, you would likely discover the comments were exactly along the lines of what Thiel said.

With everything going on, transgender bathrooms requires a national dialogue, and action from the President of the United States?

This bathroom thing is an insult to thinking adults.

I realize you poll is about the transgender hoohaa. Being a 75-year old male that wouldn't give me any cause for concern. But, I don't feel safe in any public restroom. I don't mind a visit to a urinal but when you're sitting on a toilet you're totally vulnerable. A friend of mine was sitting on a toilet in a public restroom in a hotel and NY City and suddenly two hands came under the door, grabbe his pants and zip, pulled the pants out of the stall. When the guy grabbed for them he lost his watch, too. I'm just not comfortable sitting with my pants around my ankles where strangers can get to me.

Maybe I did not do a great job explaining where I stand on this.

Ladies room is for ladies.

Men's room is for men.

A family restroom is for who ever. (If someone does not feel comfortable using the other restrooms use this one.)

Maybe it's old fashion but I don't think "men" should use a ladies room. I just don't.

Yes, I'd feel safe.

If I was worried about someone trying to look at my junk, I'd use a stall. But since I'm not, I doubt I'd pay the slightest bit of attention.

If you had to use the bathroom in a public building/venue, and you came across this sign at the entrance:

21098_img_0272f.jpg

No safer or unsafe than any other restroom.

Creeped out, yes. But that's a different matter.

Maybe I did not do a great job explaining where I stand on this.

Ladies room is for ladies.

Men's room is for men.

A family restroom is for who ever. (If someone does not feel comfortable using the other restrooms use this one.)

Maybe it's old fashion but I don't think "men" should use a ladies room. I just don't.

family restrooms are for families.

21098_img_0272f.jpg

is the inside like any other bathroom? then of course and if i didn't that would be my own issue to get over

It depends... I am a man. Is this a bathroom that little girls or teenage girls would also be in because if so I would not even think about going in and that would be for my safety.

It depends. If it's a one-person bathroom and has a lock on the door, then yes. A lot of public restrooms are like that. You don't need a sign, even. There's one bathroom. There's a lock. Everyone knows that anyone can use it.

If multiple people can use it and there's no lock on the door, then no...I would not feel safe and would not use it....unless I had no choice. If something happened to me, then I would have $ to add to my retirement funds, since I'd sue for the owner not having a lock on the door.

It depends... I am a man. Is this a bathroom that little girls or teenage girls would also be in because if so I would not even think about going in and that would be for my safety.

In actuality, part of our problem with society is the sex stigmas we place upon ourselves. There is no reason not to have all sexes using the same restrooms, except to maintain the problems related to social stigmas.

The answer of course is :that depends upon who is in there with me. Since this has not been defined I can not answer the question as stated.

In actuality, part of our problem with society is the sex stigmas we place upon ourselves. There is no reason not to have all sexes using the same restrooms, except to maintain the problems related to social stigmas.

I don't care about that... I don't want a girl to say something or a rumour to start because I happened to be in the bathroom with a girl and no one else is present. As a male teacher that is around teenagers I know full well the idiotic rumours and stories that go around. Males are at rist from that... if that was not a factor then I would use them.

In the US does anyone bathe in a 'bathroom' or have a quiet nap in a 'restroom'?

Safe? I suppose so.

But do I want to go and stink up a room, full of ladies I planned on asking to dance later that night? No. Not really.

Safer than I would one of those porta potties.

Ever been in one of those?

Shoot....I'm taking a crap in my bathroom at home as I type this...and its multi sex.

I don't care about that... I don't want a girl to say something or a rumour to start because I happened to be in the bathroom with a girl and no one else is present. As a male teacher that is around teenagers I know full well the idiotic rumours and stories that go around. Males are at rist from that... if that was not a factor then I would use them.

But you are basing that on today's social stigmas. Right?

If it was the norm to have all genders in the same restroom, doesn't it change this rumor type theme?

Back
Top Bottom