• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

would you donate your face for transplant ?

face transplant

• Total voters
What if you needed a face transplant and the only one available was from a serial killer--would you take it then?

I saw something about head transplants only being a few years away. They have done it on monkeys and kept them alive for a week. I am not sure I would want it considering the odds are you would be paralyzed from the neck down anyway.

Paralyzed? I bet that makes shaving that hairy monkey head even more of a pain than it already is

Paralyzed? I bet that makes shaving that hairy monkey head even more of a pain than it already is

I'd be afraid they'd put my new monkey head on backwards. I wouldn't even be able to see where I threw my poo....

thx for the answer

If anyone received an organ or blood donation from me, they could become very sick. If their medical state is weak enough, they would probably die. Upon discovery, I removed myself from organ donor status, but that apparently makes me an asshole based on prior conversations in the past.

Nope.. Thinking of donating my body to science, but would want to specify what it would be used to research. Not an organ donor due to a few transplant practices I find disagreeable.

If anyone received an organ or blood donation from me, they could become very sick. If their medical state is weak enough, they would probably die. Upon discovery, I removed myself from organ donor status, but that apparently makes me an asshole based on prior conversations in the past.

l understand you

l cant donate blood either because l have iron deficiency

lets turn it to an advantage

we have excuses :lol:

both difficult and easy question .

Sure, but only if the recipient agreed to then visit my mother and scream, "Mother! Why did you bury me aliiiive?!"

i don't know. i think i'm going to be cremated, so i don't see a reason not to. something about it makes me nervous, though.

i'm thinking of donating my eyes, as i have really good vision.

both difficult and easy question .

Donate my face for transplant?

I've never thought about it. I think by the time I'm done using it, it won't be much good anymore...lol. But hey, if someone wants it, more power to 'em!

People have been having fun with this subject and that is fine but in reality it's a serious issue. Face wounds happen and they can be very traumatic especially in war events like we have had so much of lately. I had 7 operations to fix me up and now I look pretty OK but children still ask what happened to my face. The funny part is you should see the looks on their moms face when they ask me this.:lol:

People have been having fun with this subject and that is fine but in reality it's a serious issue. Face wounds happen and they can be very traumatic especially in war events like we have had so much of lately. I had 7 operations to fix me up and now I look pretty OK but children still ask what happened to my face. The funny part is you should see the looks on their moms face when they ask me this.:lol:

We have a local Pakistani girl who has had a face transplant due to her mother-in-law throwing petrol in her face and then lighting it with a match..I must admit..she looks horrendous...

What would happen if she went to thank the donor's family..with the face of their dead daughter..

I would freak!!

I think more along the lines of skin grafting than I do an entire face transplant. Hence the "fun" remarks.

We have a local Pakistani girl who has had a face transplant due to her mother-in-law throwing petrol in her face and then lighting it with a match..I must admit..she looks horrendous...

What would happen if she went to thank the donor's family..with the face of their dead daughter..

I would freak!!

I have done some reading on this and when the face is stretched over a different bone structure it just becomes skin. There is an entirely new and different face.

I have three grandchildren ages 11, 4 and 2. If any of them needed any part of me - even if it meant giving them my heart or something which would kill me in the process - I would gladly do so without an hesitation.

I bet lots of parents and grandparents would agree.

Back
Top Bottom