• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you die for your country?

Would you die for your country?

• Yes

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

Tetracide

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Very deep question for you guys. Think this through. Whatever the circumstances, if your country was at risk, would you die to save it?

My country isn't around anymore. And I sure as hell wouldn't die for Russia the way it is today.

If it was around still? Yes.

It depends on the circumstances.

Would I die if America did a stupid move... like invade Iraq? Heck NO

But would I die for my country if my country was actually threatened! Yes.

I'm not voting.

I don't think I'd have the courage to just join the military to die for my country... I would like to be proud to be in the military... but I just can't find the courage. If I was drafted, however, I certainly would die for my country if need be. No matter what the war, Iraq or WWIII. And I'd expect and want us to win no matter what.

My exact words were "if your country was at risk, would you die to save it?"

Nothing to do with Iraq, nothing to do with the government, nothing to do with the military, nothing to do with the war on terror. If your country was at risk, would you die to save it?

Tetracide said:

Nothing to do with Iraq, nothing to do with the government, nothing to do with the military, nothing to do with the war on terror. If your country was at risk, would you die to save it?

Well, in that case, I'm nearly sure we'd have to have a draft... so yes, I would die for my country.

Yes. It would be a secondary plan though. Dying for one's country is something the enemy can do for his.

Tetracide said:

Yes.. I'd rather die in World War III then to live after World War III.

GySgt said:
Yes. It would be a secondary plan though. Dying for one's country is something the enemy can do for his.

Ha. I like it.

Kelzie said:
Ha. I like it.

He's cheating!!!

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

GySgt said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And yes if it came to that I would deffinatly die for my country.

cnredd said:
He's cheating!!!

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

:naughty Quite the tattler aren't we. :mrgreen:

Still a good quote.

cnredd said:
He's cheating!!!

George S. Patton

oh I'm sure there are plenty of quote out there that say a similar thing. ;) Patton was one crazy/awsome man though.

George S. Patton

Ahhh its so refreshing to hear Pattons words. I love that guy. There should be more like him. Who cares if he slaped a soldier. I think we all need to be slaped around every now and then incl. me. :2razz:

I got slapped once. I mouthed off to my Sergeant (Large guy) as a Lance Corporal (I was much smaller then) and I deserved it.

If my President came up to me, Democrat or Republican, Conservative or Liberal, and said, "We need you to perform a duty which will result in certain death, but save this country"...My only reply would be...

"Yes Sir!(or, maybe one day..."Yes, Ma'am!)

It would not be, "It depends whether "I" think it's a good enough reason..."

SKILMATIC said:
Ahhh its so refreshing to hear Pattons words. I love that guy. There should be more like him. Who cares if he slaped a soldier. I think we all need to be slaped around every now and then incl. me. :2razz:

Personal favorite...

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."-- General George S. Patton

Yeah and now its so sad to see thet BT has whats called time out cards which is ludacrous. What are you going to do? Give the enemy a time out card when things get stressful?

Also the fact is. This country is home to more opportunity than any other place in the world and deserves to be respected and paid for by any and every cost. If someday to make this country prevail we need to defend it with 50,000,000lives then so be it. No cost is too much for freedom. I will day a very happy man:2razz: ;) :2wave:

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."-- General George S. Patton

One of my favorites as well.

I wonder how many young men and women join the military expecting not to survive their tour of duty? I would guess not many. But then many policemen, firemen, search and rescue, and others with dangerous jobs for the benefit of their fellow citizens don't expect to die in the line of duty either. Yet some do. And all know it is a risk they assume when they sign up. Maybe none of us know how brave we would be until we have to choose to put ourselves in mortal danger for others and/or what we believe in. I would hope that I could.

**** AMERICA. I would not die for this piece of **** country unless someone ****ing took the choice away from me. This country is not worth ****. Nor is it worth dying for.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
**** AMERICA. I would not die for this piece of **** country unless someone ****ing took the choice away from me. This country is not worth ****. Nor is it worth dying for.

So we're gonna put you down as "undecided"?

not worth dying for? Do you enjoy your freedoms? Do you beleive in the principle of division of power, freedom of speech, freedom of (and from) religion, equality, and justice?

if someone where to take it away from you, you wouldn't die for that?

not worth dying for? Do you enjoy your freedoms? Do you beleive in the principle of division of power, freedom of speech, freedom of (and from) religion, equality, and justice?

if someone where to take it away from you, you wouldn't die for that?

Back
Top Bottom