• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you bring home a black person?

The legend said:
That person (i think it was "Vague") is a blatant racist.
I see absolutely NO reason why races should not intermix- EVEN THE PRESERVATION OF CULTURE.

Then you must be a blatant idiot, do you even know the meaning of the word racist?

The legend said:
That person (i think it was "Vague") is a blatant racist.
I see absolutely NO reason why races should not intermix- EVEN THE PRESERVATION OF CULTURE.

rac·ism

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
Where have I stated that any race is superior? Where have I stated prejudice?

Forgive me for being a true liberal, in fact a Newliberal but...

I believe there are numerous acceptable positions on race relations that we should embrace and allow to prosper without negative society pressure.

One of these is that I as a normal black man and am married to a normal black woman, want likewise for my two sons. They should/will bring home beautiful, smart, loyal, black women. If not, they will know of my disaproval in many ways.

They have rights to dissent, and I have options to respond.

The idea that we need to mix cultures, classrooms, neighborhoods, homes, etc. is a good idea IF that is what's desired by a community. It should be allowed, and explored for possible good results. Yet, liberals such as I should not VALUE race-mixing or other "diversity" in personal relationships in their own sake. Their value is only in the cessation of former negativity, and the release of enormous potential.

The problem we often miss in race discussions is that the harm was felt foremost by minorities, but ultimately by everyone due to the loss of civility, and productivity, and potential. This includes in the economy, military, etc.

Liberals need to be able to say, "no I wouldn't bring a black person home" or "no I wouldn't bring a white person", or "a spanish speaking", or any member of another group that your/our family tradition disagrees with. This can be done, while still building a necessary civil society that seeks to maximize the God given ability of each citizen.

Craig Farmer
making the word "liberal" safe again!

I'm a white guy, but if Halle Berry wants to stop by and spend the night, I'm sure I could find room. LOL

Seriously, I have many friends that are black...I always have.

I was brought up to believe that you have to judge people as individuals.

Perhaps it's because I was an Air force brat? The military was probably the first integrated society, and from my earliest years I had friends of different races and cultures.

I'm also a part time professional musician, so perhaps I've had more occassion to work with some outstanding musicians of different races?

Even today, I work in a predominately black area and never have any problems...

The other day, one of my black friends said...."Hey, Stan the Mailman...where's my check?"

I replied...."Sorry about your check, I had to pay your momma something."

They all laughed! How many white guys would have the courage to say that without worrying about counting their missing teeth?

They give me flack, I give it right back...it's called respect.

So Craig, if one of your sons said, "Dad, I'm in love with a white woman, and she is in love with me," you would voice dissapproval/dissappointment in your son?

vauge said:
I am opposed to dating outside of one's race. But that is only for me and my family.
It's not that another race is bad or discusting or unequal.

I have said this before, and will say it again before I am accused of being "racist".

Cardials do not mix with Bluejays. Both are very pretty birds.
They both may live in the same tree, play with each other, or be best friends; but when it comes to baby birds they look for another cardinal or bluejay for a mate.

If that is the choice you want to make for yourself, that is your right. However, as someone who is in a happy interracial AND international marriage with two beautiful daughters, I have to take issue with your comparison. Can Cardinals and Blue Jays have little baby birds together? No. Why? They are different species. Both birds, but different species of birds.

Humans are all of the same species regardless of what our skin color is. Humans have been mixing for thousands of years. There are very few humans in the world who are of "pure" racial stock. Your position is thinly veiled racism in my book. Your comparison actually does more to display that than anything else you say.

It's unfortunate that you think I am a racist - I truely hope that I am not.

I do not believe that anyone or group is superior to the other.
I believe that homogeneity is a good thing - it keeps old traditions pure and interesting.

vauge said:
It's unfortunate that you think I am a racist - I truely hope that I am not.

I do not believe that anyone or group is superior to the other.
I believe that homogeneity is a good thing - it keeps old traditions pure and interesting.

How many "traditional" societies were developed by racially homgenous people? Chinese society, for example, is actually quite diverse with a multitude of ethnic groups (not all of them of Mongoloid stock) making a contribution. Japanese people are not as racially homogenous as you would make them out to be. The French were a mixture of Celtic, Norman, Roman and German by the 12th century. The point is that there are few racially "pure" cultures in the world. All cultures have evolved over time, and the admixture of new groups has been one of the many agents of cultural change. Sure, it is happening on a greater extent than ever before, but it certainly isn't anything new.

Born a W.A.S.P. in upstate N.Y. with a Grandfather who was almost identical to Archie Bunker in spoken words but in his heart was not. Taught me at a very young age the folly of hatred of anyone for race. As a young adult lived in Georgia. Saw first hand white racism at it's worst while working with a black friend and coworker. The rednecks never said anything to his face but said niger this and nigger that when ever my Friend was out of earshot to which my reply was (to their shock) why don't you say that to his face? To which I never got a reply other than such as "I was just kidding or such". Generally I find racists to be cowards who only act when having a numerical advantage or when they think their words only fall on sympathetic ears. I am 41 and recently moved to Tampa. Worked a new job with a white guy for a month or so before we got together for some beers. Later he started with nigger this and nigger that with my replies and questions logical and investigative. Answer was "you nigger lover". I say so? Answer was your kids are little niggers. I say, I'm white, wife is white, how can kids be little niggers? Stupid answer, kids are little niggers. I tried my best but don't dis my kids twice. We went outside. I beat his ass and quit that job. And I have brought home a black person. Honkies, niggers, spic's, waps, krauts, nips, gooks, etc. are just words. Ever race has their ignorant assholes and they are what perpetuates this nonsense. Grow up everybody, What would this world be like if all were just plain polite, compassionate, fair, and perhaps violently unmerciful to the assholes among us. It is in the end all right and wrong. Nothing wrong with vague keeping his bloodline ethnically pure. Myself, I don't find black women attractive and have turned down several. (They are much more aggressive than white chicks by the way). My mom happened to catch me beating down the dumb ass and gave me the what for even knowing the whole story which spawns the query, is it ever right to fight? Myself am proud of that night.WWJD?

IN my book nothing wrong with two people in love joining yet consider a half black half white child is welcomed by neither race. Nothing wrong with trying to maintain racial purity and bloodline for its own sake yet America is a great mix originally European and look at our country today. I venture that if black people could come up with a derogatory name that bothered whites as much as n****r bothers blacks racism would vanish quicker. As it may teach whites the hurt of a name and blacks that it is just a name. Remember it is only 40 years since blacks were allowed to drink from the same fountain. This nation has only been truly civilized for a short time. This will take some more time yet. Those that lived those days still teach their children. Maybe I think a similar amount of time has to pass until Arab men so used to dominating their women are gone and the young see equality as we are still learning to fathom. They are used to getting laid when ever they want. Think they have to buy flowers and presents to get some? I wonder how many American men deep inside would like it like that. Far to many I fear. Yes, more time yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive fawked them all,

Black, White, Azn, Hispanic, etc.

People are people.

Human rights in, oppresive theocracies out.

:mrgreen:

wow im a student now....

/boggle..

Gamago25 said:
Ive fawked them all,

Black, White, Azn, Hispanic, etc.

People are people.

Human rights in, oppresive theocracies out.

:mrgreen:

How colorful...

ludahai said:
How many "traditional" societies were developed by racially homgenous people? Chinese society, for example, is actually quite diverse with a multitude of ethnic groups (not all of them of Mongoloid stock) making a contribution. Japanese people are not as racially homogenous as you would make them out to be. The French were a mixture of Celtic, Norman, Roman and German by the 12th century. The point is that there are few racially "pure" cultures in the world. All cultures have evolved over time, and the admixture of new groups has been one of the many agents of cultural change. Sure, it is happening on a greater extent than ever before, but it certainly isn't anything new.
I simply cannot argue. Very valid points.

Again, this is my position and I keep this to myself and my family.
An interracial couple as well as any race is very welcome in my home.

But, that said - being honest here - when we had a choice for a black couple, single white mom or interracial couple to babysit our child for date night - we chose the black couple. Does this mean that I am racist against single white moms?

vauge said:
I simply cannot argue. Very valid points.

Again, this is my position and I keep this to myself and my family.
An interracial couple as well as any race is very welcome in my home.

But, that said - being honest here - when we had a choice for a black couple, single white mom or interracial couple to babysit our child for date night - we chose the black couple. Does this mean that I am racist against single white moms?

I wouldn't say that it was racist against the single white mom because you are likely making that choice based on the fact that they are a couple, and I would agree with that part of the reasoning. However, an interracial couple would be just as good as the black couple, and I think that is where you display a certain amount of racial prejudice. I, for one, am already biracial based on the fact that I am Cree Indian. So, my being with an Asian woman shouldn't be a problem for you because Cree Indians are theoretically part of the same "race" as Taiwanese are. This is part of my point, we are already so mixed as a human race that these artifical constructs of "race" are meaningless.

I have dated both whites and blacks and my mom never cared. My sister has a bi-racial child and I think she has the best of both worlds. She has no problems at school and is an A student. I think everyone should at least try it once to see what it is like and then make a judgment call. I think that black men and white men are all the same. WELL ALMOST

Did any of you see the episode of Happy days when I (the Fonz) was on the jury for a case where supposedly a black man on a motorcycle snatched a purse from a little old lady...? The gist of the storyline was that everyone including Mr C. was willing to convict the black man quickly so they could get home for dinner. Racism? Probably. But, I (the Fonz) was bothered by the evidence...eventually the type of motorcycle comes out & it was impossible for this particular guy to do what he was accused of because his throttle was on the opposite side. The point being is that we shouldn't make quick judgments on people...we are all individuals & should be treated & judged as such. I also understand that's a difficult thing to do sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom