• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you be willing to dramatically boost U.S. oil and gas production to help the world stop importing from Russia?

Should the U.S. boost domestic energy production to replace what we wish to no longer come from Russ

• Leans Left - No

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Leans Left - Yes

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Middle Leaner - No

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Middle Leaner - Yes

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Leans Right - No

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Leans Right - Yes

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is a follow-up to @Cardinal 's other thread about whether or not we should be willing to accept higher prices in order to cut off Russia.

BLARRRRRRRGGGGGGG I accidentally hit Enter and it posted before I could put in all the options for the poll. :mad:

Mods: if one of ya'll is willing, could we add

Middle Leaner - Yes
Middle Leaner - No
Leans Right - Yes
Leans Right - No

and make the votes public?

I'm sorry for the trouble, but thanks for any help :-/

This is a follow-up to @Cardinal 's other thread about whether or not we should be willing to accept higher prices in order to cut off Russia.

Why would we need to increase production to cut off Russian oil? What does "increase production" mean?

I would, but I think its going to increase anyway as existing leases get tapped due to the price increase.

Also, any new legislation needs a big boost in renewable research funding to solve the root issue and to give us new tech to sell to the rest of the world.

Honestly, I think we should just be investing in renewables and if increasing oil mollifies public opinion, that's a nice bonus, even if it means Biden takes credit for something that will happen anyway. My preferred end game is that Russia (and the middle east) could never use oil to influence us again.

Last edited:
Well, I don't really give a rat's ass about helping the world stop importing oil from Russia. They make their choices and suffer the consequences.

But I DO think the US should boost oil and gas production to get the US off the Russian oil tit...where the Biden pukes have put us.

If there are supplies left over and if other countries want to get off the Russian oil tit, then sure...we can help them out, too.

Well, I don't really give a rat's ass about helping the world stop importing oil from Russia. They make their choices and suffer the consequences.

But I DO think the US should boost oil and gas production to get the US off the Russian oil tit...where the Biden pukes have put us.

If there are supplies left over and if other countries want to get off the Russian oil tit, then sure...we can help them out, too.

What does "boost production" mean?

I don't lean left so can't answer your poll, but I'd be willing to allow US companies to drill more. They can anytime they want to right now, the federal government is not stopping them.

So, you think we only started importing oil from Russia since Biden took over? What kind of statement is that? The entire world has been buying oil and gas from Russia for a lot longer than Biden has been president.

No, we should hold onto as much of our reserves as possible.
Agreed, but this isn't about our reserves, it's about reviving our own production of oil to make us less dependent - or not dependent at all - on foreign sources for our oil needs; including Russia.

No. I'm not willing to destroy the environment for cheap gasoline.

I will pay European prices for gasoline, thats what the US should be doing anyway. The move is to renewables, not to increased production of fossil fuels IMO.
Heavily subsidize EVs, they would work fine for most Americans work commute.

If its to replace what we been getting from Russia and its allies then sure. If its to export oil to other countries then no. I don't give a rats ass if the rest of the world buys oil from Russia. Last I checked oil isn't some never ending resource, so we shouldn't be trying to pump it out as fast as we can.

So, you think we only started importing oil from Russia since Biden took over? What kind of statement is that? The entire world has been buying oil and gas from Russia for a lot longer than Biden has been president.
We don't need to...and we shouldn't.

Remove restrictions and let the industry grow.

Nah. Thats a really really bad idea IMO.

Basically, get out of the damned way.

Right, so Exxon Mobil can rape us and destroy the planet with no "enviro-nazis" to become bothersome. LOL. No. I dont wanna get out of the way.

Nah. Thats a really really bad idea IMO.

Right, so Exxon Mobil can rape us and destroy the planet with no "enviro-nazis" to become bothersome. LOL. No. I dont wanna get out of the way.
You'd rather suffer from inflation?

You'd rather suffer from inflation?
I'd rather not pay for this...

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 7.08.28 AM.png

By energy, cp, do you mean oil and gas, or all energy sources?

Back
Top Bottom