• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you be president

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Most of the time I think you'd have to be insane to want to be president not to mention be a complete ego maniac which explains why the vast majority of our presidents are such failures but then I think of what I would do if I was pres and I think I would be a good one. Thing is I would never want the job, it would destroy my life really and I just wouldn't make the sacrifice. What about you?

Last edited:
Most of the time I think you'd have to be insane to want to be president not to mention a complete ego maniac which explains why the vast majority of our presidents are such failures but then I think of what I would do if I was pres and I think I would be a good one. Thing is I would never want the job, it would destroy my life really and I just wouldn't make the sacrifice. What about you?

IMV, Reagan was the last that truly sought the office on conviction of principles to better the nation. Since then, it's been a circus of those desiring to make the country in their own political mold...

no. if i had the chance, i would consider running for representative or senator, and i'd stay there.

additionally, **** no.

Work for 4 years and collect a 6 figure a year pension for the rest of my life?

Um...hell yes?

IMV, Reagan was the last that truly sought the office on conviction of principles to better the nation. Since then, it's been a circus of those desiring to make the country in their own political mold...

I tend to agree, Reagan seemed like a man that just wanted the best for America and didn't have his ego wrapped up in it.

No. Not even a Congressmen or Senator.

I'd rather jam a red hot poker coated in cyanide up my ass than be the President.

besides, I'm much too honest to be President.. or a congresscritter, for that matter.

Sure. A chance to promote my views from the most powerful position in the world for 4-8 years. It would probably suck actually being president, but its only for a term or two. Naturally I think my ideals are what would be right for the country so it would be worth it.

no. if i had the chance, i would consider running for representative or senator, and i'd stay there.

additionally, **** no.

Same here. And I may actually do that.

Work for 4 years and collect a 6 figure a year pension for the rest of my life?

Um...hell yes?

I don't think you fully grasp the responsibilities of the job not to mention four years of living with the fact that any second the phone could ring and you would have to make life or death decisions.

Nope!!! However, if the job of "Dictator-for-Life" comes open, look me up. :)

Clue phone says "He was an actor"

Since I'm not an attention whore, being President sounds very like the antechamber of Hell. SecService guards for life, media attention for life, you can Never again just be yourself... bleh.

Not to mention having to live with making hundreds of decisions that have profound effects on people's lives, and not infrequently cost dozens, or hundreds, or thousands of lives...

I'd really rather not. It's something I'd only accept very grudgingly if at all, if I felt it was my duty to serve and that no one else could save the nation from disaster... and even then, I'd resent having to do it.

Since I'm not an attention whore, being President sounds very like the antechamber of Hell. SecService guards for life, media attention for life, you can Never again just be yourself... bleh.

Not to mention having to live with making hundreds of decisions that have profound effects on people's lives, and not infrequently cost dozens, or hundreds, or thousands of lives...

I'd really rather not. It's something I'd only accept very grudgingly if at all, if I felt it was my duty to serve and that no one else could save the nation from disaster... and even then, I'd resent having to do it.

Get out of my head.:lol:

Not a chance. Even if I thought there was a potential to win, I've essentially given up on voting as a means to change this nation. The Office of the President is worth no more than the VP.... A bucket of warm piss. The system is so broken That it would be a worthless undertaking.

Not a chance. Even if I thought there was a potential to win, I've essentially given up on voting as a means to change this nation. The Office of the President is worth no more than the VP.... A bucket of warm piss. The system is so broken That it would be a worthless undertaking.
Surely the nation mourns the loss of what might have been.

Probably not. It's just not a winnable situation. No matter what you do, about half the country's going to hate you at one point or another -- Even if you piss off both sides equally.

Most of the time I think you'd have to be insane to want to be president not to mention be a complete ego maniac which explains why the vast majority of our presidents are such failures but then I think of what I would do if I was pres and I think I would be a good one. Thing is I would never want the job, it would destroy my life really and I just wouldn't make the sacrifice. What about you?

American presidents fail because the American people are quarrelsome and don't want to receive direction or leadership from anybody. Our ideas about how society should be organized veer from extremely vague to impossibly exacting, and we throw a fit every single when any political outcome doesn't add up to our perceptions of how it should have gone. We don't respect the opposition to the point partisans want to revolt every time they don't get to fill a seat with a sycophant who parrots their beliefs on paper while aggressively pursuing an agenda of corporate fascism. Obedience or even respectful cooperation with anyone who we didn't practically hand pick for power is a non-reality.

As a result, our public offices are populated with toxic and evil men because their the only ones willing to make the false pledges Americans demand before handing over the keys to the kingdom.

Honestly, I couldn't handle the downright hateful things people would inevitably say. I'm totally okay with criticism of my policies or beliefs, but people make it personal and I'd lose my ****.

Honestly, I couldn't handle the downright hateful things people would inevitably say. I'm totally okay with criticism of my policies or beliefs, but people make it personal and I'd lose my ****.

Not me. I love when people become hateful towards me. Something about it motivates me to do whatever I'm doing even more. I'm an asshole like that. :mrgreen:

But to answer the question, I would do it just for the insolent pleasure of being the first president to be impeached for refusing to cooperate with a single piece of legislation that placed the interests of the entire body of the people beneath that of large multinational corporations and bloated special interest groups and watching everybody's heads explode as the economy imploded on itself due to absolute unwillingness of a sitting president to cooperate with corrupt, anti-republican power structures. I would actively be Jimmy Carter x100, with YouTube videos explaining my reasoning about why it is my moral and civic responsibility to let the country go to the crapper so that people will stop depending on ****ty people and ****ty policies to grind our nation a meager future.

I might even string a fiddle in one of these videos.

Last edited:
I think any American citizen would have to be crazy to turn it down, if it was a real possibility. Colossal power and influence and all the big titted dolly birds you could ever want. The chance to improve one's country and change the lives of millions for the better. To contribute even to a better world. The added bonus of taking horrific revenge on one's enemies.

What's to think about?

So repair it. No, it's not beyond that.

Can I be dictator of the free world?

Back
Top Bottom