• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Putin have attacked Ukraine if Trump was reelected?

If Trump remained president, would Putin have attacked Ukraine?

• Total voters
What do you think?

Putin, an evil dictator, was just waiting until a weak United States government took hold.
And here we are...:cautious:

THOMAS-SCARECROW1_c0-116-1600-1048_s885x516.jpg

Yes, of course it's been offiucially denied by the Russian Gov.
I'll even sight a Liberal propagand outlet that talks about it.

How is a Russian mercenary torturing someone a Russian military defeat?

Trump hasn't been singing kumbaya with NATO and the wokeness disciples, so I say "No".

It is noticeable that US foreign policy doesn't really change regardless of whether Tweedledee or Tweedledum are at the helm. It's the same here, if that's any consolation.

My guess is that Putin decided a while back that the situation in Ukraine ( and Georgia) was untenable wrt NATO, loss of earnings, loss of influence etc etc
He has been working on this for a decade. It probably would have been easier with Trump as President as Trump would likely have looked the other way. Trump certainly would not have been able to rally NATO countries against Russia.

There’s no way to know or prove if Trump had been reelected if Putin would have attacked the Ukraine. Our foreign policy doesn’t change much from president to president. Only around the edges. Perhaps we need to ask ourselves what Putin was looking for. He wanted assurances from the U.S. and NATO that the Ukraine wouldn’t be allowed to join, that NATO wouldn’t expand into the Ukraine. He also wanted the western movement of the Ukraine from Russia to the West to stop.

Had NATO and the U.S. provided the assurances that NATO would never expand to include the Ukraine, maybe Putin wouldn’t have attacked. Maybe, still no way to know or prove it since it didn’t happen. I do think we need to realize that the Ukraine is right on Russia’s border. That we can’t ignore, although most of us do.

Historically I would agree with the bolded statement, but our foreign policy changed remarkably under Trump.

He has been working on this for a decade. It probably would have been easier with Trump as President as Trump would likely have looked the other way. Trump certainly would not have been able to rally NATO countries against Russia.

Historically I would agree with the bolded statement, but our foreign policy changed remarkably under Trump.

He might have been working on this longer than that. Recall that it was in 2008 iirc that the US insisted, against German and French opposition, that Ukraine and Georgia will be NATO members in the future .............Bucharest 2008 . It's a long time to consider the prospect of a vast military alliance being on your borders, especially one set up yo have you in the crosshairs.

I have to agree that Trump was different wrt foreign policy but I don't think it would have changed Putins mind nor made a huge difference to western reactions to the situation in Ukraine. Everyone has their own interests to look after and it has shown up markedly in this conflict

Putin, an evil dictator, was just waiting until a weak United States government took hold.

He wouldn't do it if we had a president who praises him, who takes his side against his own intelligence establishment?

By what logic do you come to this conclusion?

Who knows? Trump sure would have tried harder to stop the invasion if he was in his 2nd term
instead of Biden today. It looks to me that this plan was designed thoroughly & for a long time.

One thing for sure! The greatest foreign policy tandem in my lifetime Richard Nixon & Henry Kissinger
would have stop this war on a dime, it didn't have to happen. Where are you now Richard Nixon
now that we need you again?

Who knows? Trump sure would have tried harder to stop the invasion if he was in his 2nd term
instead of Biden today. It looks to me that this plan was designed thoroughly & for a long time.

One thing for sure! The greatest foreign policy tandem in my lifetime Richard Nixon & Henry Kissinger
would have stop this war on a dime, it didn't have to happen. Where are you now Richard Nixon
now that we need you again?

:ROFLMAO:

What do you think?
4 years of President Trump. No attack!
No massive invasion.

2014 Biden VP Russia attacked and invaded.

2022 One year as president Biden.
Putin attacked/invaded again.

Twice while Biden in leadership!
Just more failure from the Biden administration.

What do you think?
Would Putin have attacked Ukraine if a man that had sided with him over American intelligence been reelected? Yes. Would Putin have attacked Ukraine if the man that just showered him with praise after her attacked Ukraine had been reelected? Yes. Would Putin have attacked Ukraine if the man that was impeached for shaking down the Ukrainian government had been reelected? Yes.

I don't know whether some of ya'll are willfully ignorant, arguing in bad faith, or just plain ignorant.

4 years of President Trump. No attack!
No massive invasion.

2014 Biden VP Russia attacked and invaded.

2022 One year as president Biden.
Putin attacked/invaded again.

Twice while Biden in leadership!
Just more failure from the Biden administration.
The only difference is had Trump been reelected, Putin would have had pull out of Trump's mouth before he announced his invasion. Here is your piece of shit hero's own words about Putin's invasion of Ukraine:

"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful," Trump said in an interview on "The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show."

So Putin is now saying, 'It's independent,' a large section of Ukraine. I said, 'How smart is that?' And he's going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That's the strongest peace force," Trump said. "We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. ... Here's a guy who's very savvy. ... I know him very well. Very, very well."
Russian state television is literally replaying Trump's praise of the dictator Putin. Seriously, when are ya'll going to wake up?

Putin played Trump and Fox news (and still does) like a Baptist preacher at an old time revival......he doesn't care about Trump.....he knows Trump is his useful idiot

Putin is nothing like a Baptist preacher. In fact, he probably thinks all Baptist teachings except loving Trump the Terrorist are lies.

Yesterday in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey, anarchist organization named Karala (@karaladergi on socials), attempted to carry out a demonstration in front of the Russian Embassy in Ankara as a response to the call for action made by anarchists in Ukraine. Even before the demonstration started, police have arrested all of our comrades, 6 in total. “Murderer state will pay!” and “State is war, war means massacre!” slogans shout during the arrest.

#Turkey
Even the anarchists are getting in on denouncing Russia.

Well its a good sign seeing activists around the world come together

What do you think?
No idea and I'm not sure the speculation is really worth it. I think it basically depends on what would've lead up to it. If there was an attempt to make an agreement that Ukraine would not be allowed into NATO then I'd say no. If there wasn't that attempt, then I say yes. So it kinda has nothing to do with whether it was Trump or Biden, imo, but if there would've been a different approach on the topic of Ukraine-NATO membership.

What do you think?
Here’s another thought. I think Putin goal was to undermine the American’s people trust and faith in our electoral system which he began in 2015. I don’t think he cared if Trump was elected or not as long as the seeds of doubt were sown. They were and those seeds began to grow. I doubt 6 Jan had a thing to do with Putin’s decision to invade. Now Putin did watch the Democrats go after Trump tooth and nail during his four years, including two impeachment attempts to remove him. Putin also watched as the polarization of our politics grew, the great divide becoming greater which lead to Trumpers believing the 2020 election was stolen. We’ve become unhinged politically.

Putin could see we had become the most polarized and divided nation politically since probably the civil war. When your main opponent is divided, fighting among themselves, one can pretty much do what one wants. Sanctions will do little, Putin, Russia has spent the last 10 years preparing for international sanctions. This move was planned at least that far back.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-spent-years-preparing-international-172210099.html

I’d say we’re entering another cold war with some hot proxy wars to come.

FFS. Trump was blowing Putin for years. What would the orange toddler have done to stop Putin? Who do you think you're kidding,?

Are you freaking serious???

Donald Trump was the one who threatened to withhold military aid until he got fabricated political blackmail from the Ukrainian Government!

The moment Russia went in there, he would have been in front of the microphones publicly asking Putin to send him "the server" when they found it.

Last edited:
When Biden was vice president and Obama was president the Russians attacked Georgia and Ukraine. When Trump was president Russia didn't mess with either of those countries. Now Biden is president the Russians are resuming their activities. Only Trump derangement sufferers could say yes Putin would have attacked Ukraine if Trump was reelected when Russia didn't do shit during Trump's term in office.

Back
Top Bottom