• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Obama Pardon Hillary Before Leaving Office?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Let's assume that Hillary is actually indicted and found guilty and that she is sentenced to jail before Obama leaves office. Would he pardon her?

Maybe. On one hand, she's a weak candidate who hurts the party more than she helps it. She also holds grudges, and got her ass handed to her last time she ran for President by Barack . It might be better for everyone in the long run if she was forcibly removed from her current position in the party.

On the other hand, she's probably got enough favors stuffed up her sleeves to get away with televised murder. Twice.

Last edited:
Let's assume that Hillary is actually indicted and found guilty and that she is sentenced to jail before Obama leaves office. Would he pardon her?

And will the sun come up tomorrow morning..........More BS Faux-like news reporting

Nope. If she were indicted and had to withdraw, he knows very well that the nomination would go to Bernie Sanders...and all those Hillary voters would vote for him instead, and Trump would still lose.

Why not pardon her now? Then they don't have to hurry so much.

And will the sun come up tomorrow morning..........More BS Faux-like news reporting

That response doesn't make any sense. How is a hypothetical question reporting, and how is "and" a proper response to a question, especially when you haven't said anything yet?

I have been away for a while, somethings never change

I see the Trumpzanees are stiil clinging to the indictment wet dream, kinda like playing the lottery and dreaming of a what you would do with the winnings, pipe dreams. There are going to be some suicidal Trumpettes on Nov 9,

LOL. I think you are right. She has already been pardoned, just like Lois Lerner was.

Because you can't pardon someone for a crime until they've been convicted of a crime.

Can't make some type of executive order something? A delayed action pardon? An option on guaranteed clemency in a sealed envelope?

Can't make some type of executive order something? A delayed action pardon? An option on guaranteed clemency in a sealed envelope?

There isn't any legal framework for that in place, as far a I know. Besides, pardoning someone before they're convicted could be considered a violation of the principles of "innocent until proven guilty"

Because you can't pardon someone for a crime until they've been convicted of a crime.

Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes he may have committed, before he was actually charged.
I know, sounded weird at the time and still does.

Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes he may have committed, before he was actually charged.

That's true, isn't it. And he was no more obviously naughty.

I have been away for a while, somethings never change

I see the Trumpzanees are stiil clinging to the indictment wet dream, kinda like playing the lottery and dreaming of a what you would do with the winnings, pipe dreams. There are going to be some suicidal Trumpettes on Nov 9,

What makes you think I am a Trumpzanee? You just automatically assume that anyone against Hillary is a Trump supporter? There are many in her own party and many independents that are sick of the Clinton scandals, which never seem to end. It's not just a vast right wing conspiracy.

Not sure that a preemptive pardon would be legitimate. I can't this of any in previous history.

A preemptive pardon would be a huge formal admission that Hillary is actually criminal in some of her actions before the DOJ filed charges, which I rather doubt that they will, as it's clear that the fix is in. Not that these criminal charges aren't warranted (they are), but are being thwarted by a huge amount of political pressure, both from the criminally corrupt as well as the corrupt political elites. Given the relative silence of the GOP elites on this matter, one can only conclude that they are in support of this corruption.

This being the case, it's a very sad day in US history, when the known corruption of a political elite is over looked, ignored, not reported, and accepted as some sort of 'normal' expected and accepted behavior and accepted 'normal' state of affairs.

It most certainly is not normal, nor should it be the accepted state of affairs. And I really don't give a single farthing as to which political elite party corruption of this nature is coming from. All of it should be strongly and fervently condemned.

That response doesn't make any sense. How is a hypothetical question reporting, and how is "and" a proper response to a question, especially when you haven't said anything yet?

For folks who do not live in the real word it is understandable one cannot fathom..........

If I were Obama, I would. Get it over with and done in one swipe of my Constitutionally granted power.

Oops, you got to this before me.

My bad...just reading the thread in order.

Back
Top Bottom