• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Joe Biden do a good job as Acting President?

Would Joe Biden do a good job as Acting President?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

marcus903

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Let's say Obama suffered from a stroke and could not carry out his duties for Friday. Would Joe Biden do a good job as Acting President?

Also, what would Biden do as acting president?

I'm not partisan, but Biden seems like bumbler.

I'm not partisan, but Biden seems like bumbler.

He is a bumbler in speaking. he has an amazing ability to say the wrong thing. However, he has a reputation as a deal maker and a negotiator and a coalition builder. Basically every big deal Obama has gotten done, Biden has been the one working behind the scenes with his old colleagues getting the negotiations and deal making done. How well that would translate into success as a president is hard to say.

The weekly radio address would consist of a made up story about his football prowess, a tearful interlude about the guy in the coma, followed by a weekly diatribe about black people being put back into chains. Melissa Harris-Perry would approve, but not that many others.

Let's say Obama suffered from a stroke and could not carry out his duties for Friday. Would Joe Biden do a good job as Acting President?

Also, what would Biden do as acting president?

Biden isn't as good an actor as Obama - Biden frequently forgets his lines.

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't my country.

"Good Job" is very objective.
How do you define "good job"?
I'd define it as standing up to Republicans that want to bring down our Country.
Republicans would define it as bending over to Republicans and letting them have their way even more than the spineless Obama has already done.

Obama's failures are also very objective.
I view his failure as his pandering to the Right and not standing up for himself or for his values.

As for Biden, I think he would do a better job than Obama simply because he is not black and the ridiculous attacks would stop.
Would he stand up to the Right better? Probably not.
But when voting on this, I have to consider what "good job" means.
Biden would certainly do a better job than a Republican.
Any white Democrat would do a better job than Obama simply because the hate and the ridiculousness would cease.
So yes, I think Biden would do a fine job.

Back
Top Bottom