• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Joe abandon his followers to the cold?

Would Joe abandon his followers to the cold?

• Yes, Joe would abandon the elderly to the cold

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • No, Joe is a decent human being

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
Joe doesn't hold large rallies during a pandemic that has killed 230,000 or so Americans so far because Joe Biden is a decent human being. So your question is really neither here nor there.

This is Joe Biden in a nutshell:

This is Donald Trump in a nutshell:

Regardless of what you think of his politics, Biden is a good person and Trump is by any measure, an utterly despicable human being. I don't understand why that doesn't matter to some people. I really don't understand it. I am 44 years old. I am old enough now to have seen a fair amount in my life. For my whole life, until Trump, our presidents were decent people. Starting with Gerald Ford all the way through Obama, regardless of what you thought of their politics, they were decent people. I am not saying that some were not flawed, that's no doubt the case with Clinton and his womanizing, but in the end, none of them were fundamentally bad people. I disagreed with George W. Bush on a lot of things. What I always knew though was that George W. Bush is a good person. I may have thought he was wrong about some big issues, but I think that all but the extremes of the left knew he is a good person. When George and Laura Bush would visit a base, they would set aside a couple of hours to meet area gold star families there. Some of those families were glad to meet him, others would yell at him and tell them they hated him and he was the reason their son or daughter was dead. He would just listen to them just the same because he is a good and decent man that cares about other people regardless of what any of us think of his politics. There is not a world where Donald Trump would do that. Hell, that despicable piece of shit is essentially blaming Gold Star families for him getting COVID. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trump's politics, the man is a horrible person and that should matter.

Wow, that is the most moving post I can remember.

Won’t be a problem once joe gets done with the oil industry. In the meanwhile they can continue to pollute the environment while listening to good ole Joe.

yeah, i know that right wingers think that a Biden victory will immediately cause us all to be characters in Mad Max. i live in reality, though.

Most politicians would have had a plan in place, but most politicians also don't have fans that are so subservient to them. Trump has known for a long time that his fans will do anything for him and he doesn't have to return the favor in any way.

yeah, i know that right wingers think that a Biden victory will immediately cause us all to be characters in Mad Max. i live in reality, though.
Mad Max fantasy? Nah, Joe has a dream of building it back better with windmills and such. Mad Max still used gas guzzlers for transportation. Good movie, btw.

Mad Max fantasy? Nah, Joe has a dream of building it back better with windmills and such. Mad Max still used gas guzzlers for transportation. Good movie, btw.

it was a good movie. windmills created a lot of jobs in my area. i definitely support renewables instead of blowing up mountains and cracking the bedrock for nineteenth century tech energy.

it was a good movie. windmills created a lot of jobs in my area. i definitely support renewables instead of blowing up mountains and cracking the bedrock for nineteenth century tech energy.
At least you have a reason to vote for Biden. Fair enough. (Sure you don’t want to edit your post to take a jab at the Orangeman?)

First of all, the president is not responsible for transporting people to and from his rallies. Second, I once lived in Omaha and am familiar with the Airport. Epley Airport only has parking for a few hundred cars. Most people park at the remote parking lots located 2 or 3 miles away from the airport. However, I suspect the rally was held at the private plane terminal which is accessed by a two lane road and about a mile from the main terminal. I read they had 40 shuttle busses and heated tents with hot chocolate for people waiting. So they were prepared for some waiting. I can see how with the normal airport traffic with this additional traffic would make a real mess.

Events like this should have the Democrats sweating. Thousands of people willing to stand in the freezing cold for hours to see Trump is impressive. The enthusiasm is there. I haven't seen that at any Biden rallies.

At least you have a reason to vote for Biden. Fair enough. (Sure you don’t want to edit your post to take a jab at the Orangeman?)

sure. he's a carnival huckster.

When I dirty my hands it's by choice, not to provide heat. I know you want to make this a political burn, but I am actually curious. Are non-homeless people really living in stone age conditions where they have to track down combustibles and set them on fire to survive the night? Wouldn't such people think the modern world might be able to offer them better lifestyle options than what hunters and gatherers enjoyed?
I heat with wood. 21 acres of fir, alder and stinging nettles is my woodlot. I go through 5 or 6 cords a year, heat 2,100 sq. ft. upstairs between two stoves, a smaller one in the living room and a big one in the basement that can take 24" pieces 10" in diameter. My carbon footprint would make a sasquatch blush.

Tell the truth. You liked carnivals as a kid.

yep, but i don't like idiot carnival barking politicians selling tonics that don't work. i'm more into fair food when i can get it.

yep, but i don't like idiot carnival barking politicians selling tonics that don't work. i'm more into fair food when i can get it.
Helix, that could be describing 47 year politician Joe Biden. His record isn’t exactly something that’s worked for many over the years. Just asked all those that were locked up due to his crime bill. Then you have to wonder why he’s asking for four years in the WH if he’s done so much in 47 years. Why didn’t he do it when he had the chance?

Joe has a 47 year track record of ****ing us all! Trump on the other hand rebuilt our economy after the dumpster fire disaster that was the Obama-Biden years.

You sound like the delusional one!
_111437124_us.unemployment-nc.jpg

image004.gif

Helix, that could be describing 47 year politician Joe Biden. His record isn’t exactly something that’s worked for many over the years. Just asked all those that were locked up due to his crime bill. Then you have to wonder why he’s asking for four years in the WH if he’s done so much in 47 years. Why didn’t he do it when he had the chance?

nah, it's describing Tweety. Biden is back to boring. i'll take that for a while, thanks.

nah, it's describing Tweety. Biden is back to boring. i'll take that for a while, thanks.
Boring can be good. It can help you sleep.

Biden, God love him, is a puppet. I pity those who have no mercy on this old man.
Trump, old, crude, vulgar for sure, but at least he can speak for himself.
Why on earth are we having to choose between the 2? Reflect, please.
Because it's an election? Are you in some quaint way endorsing the incumbent?

Absolutely different, as is apparent from the very differences in how Biden and Trump conduct their campaigns, even in how their families conducted themselves at the first debate (the second debate only seeing more appropriate conduct from the Trump family due to having the ultimatum placed on them). Biden doesn't call every other major Republican around him stupid, cruel nicknames on a continuous basis. He doesn't make fun of reporters and is willing to take responsibility for his actions, to admit mistakes, to try to change. Biden pays his bills.
I'm reading 'I don't like his personality'. Fine. Trump is a loud mouthed NYer taken to hyperbole and exaggeration. I'll take that over selling your last name to foreign nations for access. Didn't even Bill Clinton get into deep water over that back then? No such thing now?

So much for your claims that most of those at Trump's rallies are wearing masks.
Only going on what I saw on TV.

1% mortality rate is still far worse than most anyone in this country has seen in their lifetime.

Really?
HIV/AIDS PANDEMIC (AT ITS PEAK, 2005-2012)
Death Toll: 36 million

FLU PANDEMIC (1968)
Death Toll: 1 million

ASIAN FLU (1956-1958)
Death Toll: 2 million

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
Last updated: October 30, 2020, 02:10 GMT
Graphs - Countries - Death Rate - Symptoms - Incubation - Transmission - News
Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:

Seems COVID-19 has a ways to go to be what you've just described it.

And Trump isn't responsible for the response to Covid, which has hundreds of thousands dead already and we are seeing cases grow, which means more will die, yet Obama should have resigned (according to Trump) for one person entering the country with ebola?

You take Trump's stream of consciousness Tweets seriously?
And what about his claims against the Obama administration about how they didn't leave him able to handle covid? They left him with a pandemic response team that he crippled. And he lied about testing. Testing is not even available now to anyone who wants it. You have to meet certain criteria, they are still putting out that testing is limited, and it takes days, if not longer to get results.

If you go to the second link, you can sort the nations by deaths per capita from greatest to least. When sorted this way, the USA comes in at 182nd. Way down the list below a great many other Western Nations. Yet it's being handled 'all wrong' ?? Data doesn't appear to support that.

Since I'm rather unlikely to die from it if I become infected . . . . 🤷‍♂️

I'm still of the position that this whole thing, especially at this stage of knowledge and information we have about it, is vastly more overblown that is justified.

I'm reading 'I don't like his personality'. Fine. Trump is a loud mouthed NYer taken to hyperbole and exaggeration. I'll take that over selling your last name to foreign nations for access. Didn't even Bill Clinton get into deep water over that back then? No such thing now?

Only going on what I saw on TV.

Really?

Seems COVID-19 has a ways to go to be what you've just described it.

You take Trump's stream of consciousness Tweets seriously?

If you go to the second link, you can sort the nations by deaths per capita from greatest to least. When sorted this way, the USA comes in at 182nd. Way down the list below a great many other Western Nations. Yet it's being handled 'all wrong' ?? Data doesn't appear to support that.

Since I'm rather unlikely to die from it if I become infected . . . . 🤷‍♂️

I'm still of the position that this whole thing, especially at this stage of knowledge and information we have about it, is vastly more overblown that is justified.
First of all, Trump has always used his own name to screw people over and wouldn't hesitate to do it as President. In fact, he's been doing it for pretty much the whole term.

Second, your numbers represent fallacies. The flu epidemic numbers that you list are totals for the world. Covid has already taken over 1.1M lives around the world, and we aren't even a year in and not done either. The HIV deaths are also wrongly cited, since they represent multiple years and are not spread or combated like the coronavirus or even influenza are. That gives the total deaths from 1981 til now as 36M, with them stating that during that timeframe, HIV deaths dropped from annual of 2.2 to 1.6, which the world may very well surpass one if not both of those this year for deaths due to coronavirus. And most HIV cases as well as deaths from HIV are in Africa. The US sees an annual HIV death rate of about 16k people, which is far less than what the US has seen from Covid in less than a year so far, by 200k+. Over 40 years, 700k have died from HIV in the US. We have reached more than a quarter of that number in coronavirus deaths in less than a year for our country.

You're highly unlikely to die within decades from HIV/AIDS given our current treatment availability (although it would be really expensive) yet we spend a lot of money researching and working to prevent HIV spread every single year. Hell, military personnel have to get tested annually for it.

You are spreading misinformation. See above for true statistics. You are attempting to downplay simply what you don't want to see or admit to.

Last edited:
First of all, the president is not responsible for transporting people to and from his rallies. Second, I once lived in Omaha and am familiar with the Airport. Epley Airport only has parking for a few hundred cars. Most people park at the remote parking lots located 2 or 3 miles away from the airport. However, I suspect the rally was held at the private plane terminal which is accessed by a two lane road and about a mile from the main terminal. I read they had 40 shuttle busses and heated tents with hot chocolate for people waiting. So they were prepared for some waiting. I can see how with the normal airport traffic with this additional traffic would make a real mess.

Events like this should have the Democrats sweating. Thousands of people willing to stand in the freezing cold for hours to see Trump is impressive. The enthusiasm is there. I haven't seen that at any Biden rallies.

Yeah, I'm still looking for photos of those heated tents. Somehow I get the feeling that if they ever existed they were pre rally. You have any?

Joe would just load up his car with the 10 people that showed up and drive them home.
You seem to be really stuck on rally attendance as a sign of popularity. Hillary has massive rallies at the voting booths in 2016 and her rallies were far bigger than Trumps. On Tuesday, Biden's "rallies" at the voting booths will dwarf Trumps Covid spreaders.

Coal mining is big in Pennsylvania and West Virginia too. Both of them are swing states. In Pennsylvania poor people are allowed to dig black rocks from ground and sell them to people who would use them them to heat their homes at night. It's all on the up and up.

Now ask yourself about the promises made to those people digging up rocks by Trump. You may find those promises in the "empty" or "blatant lies" column.

First of all, Trump has always used his own name to screw people over and wouldn't hesitate to do it as President. In fact, he's been doing it for pretty much the whole term.

Second, your numbers represent fallacies. The flu epidemic numbers that you list are totals for the world. Covid has already taken over 1.1M lives around the world, and we aren't even a year in and not done either. The HIV deaths are also wrongly cited, since they represent multiple years and are not spread or combated like the coronavirus or even influenza are. That gives the total deaths from 1981 til now as 36M, with them stating that during that timeframe, HIV deaths dropped from annual of 2.2 to 1.6, which the world may very well surpass one if not both of those this year for deaths due to coronavirus. And most HIV cases as well as deaths from HIV are in Africa. The US sees an annual HIV death rate of about 16k people, which is far less than what the US has seen from Covid in less than a year so far, by 200k+. Over 40 years, 700k have died from HIV in the US. We have reached more than a quarter of that number in coronavirus deaths in less than a year for our country.

You're highly unlikely to die within decades from HIV/AIDS given our current treatment availability (although it would be really expensive) yet we spend a lot of money researching and working to prevent HIV spread every single year. Hell, military personnel have to get tested annually for it.

You are spreading misinformation. See above for true statistics. You are attempting to downplay simply what you don't want to see or admit to.
Fine whatever. I am still of the position and opinion that the COVID-19 high risk and high threat timeframe has passed.

On a different point.

We know of China's intellectual property theft.
We know of China's currency manipulation.
We also know that China is a growing military and economic power. We've witnessed their militancy on the openseas.
We also know of their colonialism in Africa and Latin America with their 'Belts and Roads' Initiative (some call it a debit trap for unaware nations for China to exert control over them)
China’s Massive Belt and Road Initiative
China’s colossal infrastructure investments may usher in a new era of trade and growth for economies in Asia and beyond. But skeptics worry that China is laying a debt trap for borrowing governments.

Then, we have this:

Robert Gates Thinks Joe Biden Hasn't Stopped Being Wrong for 40 Years
"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades,” former Defense Secretary Robert Gates says of Vice President Joe Biden in his new book coming out later this month. Gates' assessment of Biden's boss is only slightly better, depicting an Obama administration with very murky lines of communication on military issues.

And we can see that this is the case, clearly.

And this is the guy that you want to put across from China? Long term thinking global players.
And this is the guy that you want to put across from Russia? Hard nose global players.
Seriously?

You seem to be really stuck on rally attendance as a sign of popularity. Hillary has massive rallies at the voting booths in 2016 and her rallies were far bigger than Trumps. On Tuesday, Biden's "rallies" at the voting booths will dwarf Trumps Covid spreaders.
"her rallies were far bigger than Trumps"
Err, no. I recall a distinct lack of enthusiasm for her and her campaign, with sparse rally attendance.

And I'm not "stuck on rally attendance as a sign of popularity". If anything rally attendance is a sign of voter enthusiasm, at least for some voters.

The reality on Hillary and her 2016 campaign was that she was a lousy candidate and she ran a lousy campaign. The combination of both is what sunk her chances at winning the presidency. If it were only one or the other, it might have turned out different.

"On Tuesday, Biden's "rallies" at the voting booths will dwarf Trumps Covid spreaders"
The proof will be in the election results, and the court battles that will certainly follow.

Back
Top Bottom