• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Joe abandon his followers to the cold?

• Yes, Joe would abandon the elderly to the cold

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • No, Joe is a decent human being

Votes: 30 75.0%

• Total voters
Like I said on the other thread, would those people have walked those miles to attend the rally? Maybe young people, but not elderly and people with their young kids. Trump says they set up warm tents, gave them hot cocoa and hand warmers. Can anybody find a picture of those tents and comfy warm people?
Nope, the elderly are just a cross-section of Americans and yes some are dumb enough to attend a super spreader even and be left out in the cold, literally.
Oh yes, I have heard of The Dark Time, but I thought that was just a legend.

Why are you adding on stuff that has zero bearing on this event? They all parked their vehicles with the promise they'd be dropped off and picked up. This wasn't some event where morons camped out days for a good seat and then went into a 1/4 filled arena. But I'll ask you again. So I'll ask you again, under the circumstance you've been promised a ride to and from, would you dress the same if you knew you had to walk 3-4 miles after the event?
This event like all others people showed up early. People in Wisconsin know how to dress for an outside event late in October. This is nothing but bullshit the left is trying to conjure up. Not everyone shows up on a bus. But at anytime a person was feeling poorly or overcome by cold had the right to leave and seek shelter.

This event like all others people showed up early. People in Wisconsin know how to dress for an outside event late in October. This is nothing but bullshit the left is trying to conjure up. Not everyone shows up on a bus. But at anytime a person was feeling poorly or overcome by cold had the right to leave and seek shelter.

Huh?

This thread is about the people who literally got on a bus to go to the rally under the assumption they'd be also be getting on a bus to go back to their cars. But I see you're avoiding answering my question so I'll take that as a yes, you would dress differently.

Huh?

This thread is about the people who literally got on a bus to go to the rally under the assumption they'd be also be getting on a bus to go back to their cars. But I see you're avoiding answering my question so I'll take that as a yes, you would dress differently.
The shuttle service for some of the people that was suppose to pick them up and return them to the bus did not show up on time leaving people to wait.
That isn't the fault of Trump but the shuttle service hired to do the job.

The shuttle service for some of the people that was suppose to pick them up and return them to the bus did not show up on time leaving people to wait.
That isn't the fault of Trump but the shuttle service hired to do the job.

And who do you think hired that service? My guess is the Trump campaign.

You get to make the claim that "Repubs REALLY don't give a chit" if you can produce evidence that it was the campaign's responsibility for the shuttle buses and / or local accommodations at the airport. Right now, we don't know who was responsible for those things, make such a claim as yours for this instance unsupported.
Whoever set up this event was responsible. That is how it works. Who provided the transportation to get to the event itself?

Are you contending that these hundreds of people, including elderly and a person in a wheelchair, walked (rolled) 3-4 miles to and expected to get back that way? And what sort of BS is "they had the right to seek shelter"? They were trying to get back to their cars to go home. And someone in a motorized wheelchair only has so much power. Some of the elderly were unable to walk and confused from the cold. That is why they had to take some to the hospital. You aren't able to "seek shelter" if you can't move.

There was no coordination with the transportation and no prior, proper planning. The Trump campaign screwed up and its a damn shame that those supporting him don't see that, can't admit it.

And who do you think hired that service? My guess is the Trump campaign.
And they likely won't get paid just like so many others throughout this last few years that the Trump campaign has stiffed.

You get to make the claim that "Repubs REALLY don't give a chit" if you can produce evidence that it was the campaign's responsibility for the shuttle buses and / or local accommodations at the airport. Right now, we don't know who was responsible for those things, make such a claim as yours for this instance unsupported.
Who else would be responsible? It was a Trump rally. The locals begged him not to do it for medical reasons. How in the world would it not be the Trump campaigns responsibility? You people can spin and lie about anything.

Trump gets his election photo op and takes off leaving hundreds to fend for themselves. But he was sure to get the waiver signed releasing him of responsibility if anyone got Covid. We know who Trump is. You can't spin selfish.

Joe doesn't hold large rallies during a pandemic that has killed 230,000 or so Americans so far because Joe Biden is a decent human being. So your question is really neither here nor there.

This is Joe Biden in a nutshell:

This is Donald Trump in a nutshell:

Regardless of what you think of his politics, Biden is a good person and Trump is by any measure, an utterly despicable human being. I don't understand why that doesn't matter to some people. I really don't understand it. I am 44 years old. I am old enough now to have seen a fair amount in my life. For my whole life, until Trump, our presidents were decent people. Starting with Gerald Ford all the way through Obama, regardless of what you thought of their politics, they were decent people. I am not saying that some were not flawed, that's no doubt the case with Clinton and his womanizing, but in the end, none of them were fundamentally bad people. I disagreed with George W. Bush on a lot of things. What I always knew though was that George W. Bush is a good person. I may have thought he was wrong about some big issues, but I think that all but the extremes of the left knew he is a good person. When George and Laura Bush would visit a base, they would set aside a couple of hours to meet area gold star families there. Some of those families were glad to meet him, others would yell at him and tell them they hated him and he was the reason their son or daughter was dead. He would just listen to them just the same because he is a good and decent man that cares about other people regardless of what any of us think of his politics. There is not a world where Donald Trump would do that. Hell, that despicable piece of shit is essentially blaming Gold Star families for him getting COVID. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trump's politics, the man is a horrible person and that should matter.

NBC reports at least 30 people required medical attention, including elderly people suffering from hypothermia, after spending hours outside at Eppley Airfield. The large crowd arrived hours before Trump’s Make America Great Again campaign event and wasn’t cleared until 12:30 a.m., more than three hours after Air Force One left the airport.

Doesn't appear as if Biden is a big enough of an asshole to make his supporters stand outside for hours, grouped up during a pandemic for his own ego. So no, Joe wouldn't leave them because he won't ever be in that position. Not to mention the vast majority of Biden supporters are not dumb enough to attend campaign rallies during a pandemic so their candidate doesn't have to feel like a loser (like some cheetoh colored losers). It doesn't seem like Biden supporters are dumb enough to leave their vehicles and then travel that far with no way back.

Delayed by heavy traffic, as cited in the article.

Still, no one has a clue as to why those people couldn't wait in the terminals, which is my question. Airport authorities? Anyone?

Id assume as Trump supporters (very likely not to socially distance or wear masks) who just gathered in a large group, the airport wouldn't want them inside spreading Covid.

And Trump won't? Please take your delusions somewhere else.

Joe has a 47 year track record of ****ing us all! Trump on the other hand rebuilt our economy after the dumpster fire disaster that was the Obama-Biden years.

You sound like the delusional one!

Whoever set up this event was responsible. That is how it works. Who provided the transportation to get to the event itself?
As posted (perhaps later on), the event coordinators usually hire 15 shuttle buses, but for this event hired 50 shuttle buses, which were caught up in heavy traffic, as per the OP's citation.

Who else would be responsible? It was a Trump rally. The locals begged him not to do it for medical reasons. How in the world would it not be the Trump campaigns responsibility? You people can spin and lie about anything.

Trump gets his election photo op and takes off leaving hundreds to fend for themselves. But he was sure to get the waiver signed releasing him of responsibility if anyone got Covid. We know who Trump is. You can't spin selfish.
See post above. Normally 15 shuttle buses, this event 50 buses, but caught up in heavy traffic, so someone was in fact paying attention, it would seem.

Id assume as Trump supporters (very likely not to socially distance or wear masks) who just gathered in a large group, the airport wouldn't want them inside spreading Covid.
As opposed to the large crowds of anonymous people from the 4 corners of the world typical of airport traffic?

As posted (perhaps later on), the event coordinators usually hire 15 shuttle buses, but for this event hired 50 shuttle buses, which were caught up in heavy traffic, as per the OP's citation.
Yet, they couldn't seem to get those buses to the area they should have been at prior to the end of the event, and they couldn't get anything organized to make sure that those in greatest need of that transportation were able to be on those buses first. That is a failure. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance applies here. They didn't plan ahead for things.

As opposed to the large crowds of anonymous people from the 4 corners of the world typical of airport traffic?
So the answer is to put more people together, completely unnecessarily and allow them to freeze because of poor planning.

Yet, they couldn't seem to get those buses to the area they should have been at prior to the end of the event, and they couldn't get anything organized to make sure that those in greatest need of that transportation were able to be on those buses first. That is a failure. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance applies here. They didn't plan ahead for things.

Meh. Life isn't deterministic. You can plan the best that you can, and something can still go wrong. Claiming that 'The event planners didn't give a shit about the people' isn't in evidence.

So the answer is to put more people together, completely unnecessarily and allow them to freeze because of poor planning.

Seems your preference is that both candidates hide in their basements and call multiple day 'lids'?

Meh. Life isn't deterministic. You can plan the best that you can, and something can still go wrong. Claiming that 'The event planners didn't give a shit about the people' isn't in evidence.

Seems your preference is that both candidates hide in their basements and call multiple day 'lids'?
I didn't say they didn't give a shit, but it's pretty obvious that Trump cares far more about money and his political prospects than actual people's lives.

And I would prefer the candidates actually do what is best for their supporters during this pandemic, not what they think is best for their political prospects. One candidate is doing that, taking necessary, recommended precautions to contain as best as possible the spread of this virus. The other most clearly is not. And is further putting his supporters in danger through political stunts.

I didn't say they didn't give a shit,

This was the assertion and tenor of the OP.

but it's pretty obvious that Trump cares far more about money and his political prospects than actual people's lives.

Substantiation? Any different than any other political figure?

And I would prefer the candidates actually do what is best for their supporters during this pandemic, not what they think is best for their political prospects. One candidate is doing that, taking necessary, recommended precautions to contain as best as possible the spread of this virus. The other most clearly is not. And is further putting his supporters in danger through political stunts.
Meh. With a 99%+ survival rate, not sure how dire and risky the present situation is as compared to say February and March, when there were far many more unknowns about this virus and it's disease processes, which have since been addressed.

Most people outside the Trumptardiverse are capable of following basic precautions like masks and social distancing.
As do many at the rallies, mask specifically, in case you've not seen the television coverage of the crowds there.

As do many at the rallies, mask specifically, in case you've not seen the television coverage of the crowds there.

Simply having the attendees directly behind Trump put on a mask while the cameras are rolling does not protect everyone else there.

Back
Top Bottom