• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would It Be A Witch Hunt If

Would It Be A Witch Hunt If Mueller Finds Only That Trump Broke Campaign Finance Laws?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Would it be a witch hunt if the only thing Mueller found that Trump was guilty of was in breaking campaign finance laws and nothing else?

Last edited:
Would it be a witch hunt if the only thing Mueller found that Trump was guilty of was in breaking campaign finance laws and nothing else?

Watergate started with burglary............it’s only the second quarter .........

Watergate started with burglary............it’s only the second quarter .........

And Nixon resigned for covering up the burglary. I'm saying that if Mueller finds Trump broke campaign finance laws that it has absolutely nothing to do with colluding with Russia to influence the election or obstruction of justice. In other words, a witch hunt.

And Nixon resigned for covering up the burglary. I'm saying that if Mueller finds Trump broke campaign finance laws that it has absolutely nothing to do with colluding with Russia to influence the election or obstruction of justice. In other words, a witch hunt.

Ken Starr started with the suicide of a Clinton aide and Whitewater investments and look where that went? I’m of the opinion that Trump wouldn’t be squawking/tweeting like he is if things aren’t getting warmer for him and his family. FCS, he would blow @ poker..........

Doesn't matter if Mueller finds something. Doesn't matter if Mueller doesn't find something.

It's still a witch hunt.

No. Obviously. Something is a witch hunt if it is started under dubious premises. You can start an investigation in good faith and find no evidence of crimes without it being a witch hunt. I think we are well beyond the point of saying that there's no good reason for an investigation to have been started. We even have numerous congress critters in Trumps party saying that the special counsel needs to be allowed to finish and report his findings.

If you are saying this is a witch hunt then your position is as follows:

A Trump appointed Republican Deputy AG tapped a Republican bronze star war hero with decades of nothing but excellence in public service to start an investigation based on absolutely no evidence of wrong doing/false premises just so that they could snoop in every drawer to find any skeletons in the presidents closet. Also, the presidents national security advisor and his personal lawyer decided to plead guilty to crimes and started making up lies about the president to try to get leniency. Etc. etc.

I mean, Dr. Seuss on a 3 day acid trip couldn't write a story with more outlandish make believe fantasy.

Ken Starr started with the suicide of a Clinton aide and Whitewater investments and look where that went? I’m of the opinion that Trump wouldn’t be squawking/tweeting like he is if things aren’t getting warmer for him and his family. FCS, he would blow @ poker..........

Trump squawks/tweets is just the way he is. If he had no enemies he would howl at the moon.

No. Obviously. Something is a witch hunt if it is started under dubious premises. You can start an investigation in good faith and find no evidence of crimes without it being a witch hunt. I think we are well beyond the point of saying that there's no good reason for an investigation to have been started. We even have numerous congress critters in Trumps party saying that the special counsel needs to be allowed to finish and report his findings.

If you are saying this is a witch hunt then your position is as follows:

A Trump appointed Republican Deputy AG tapped a Republican bronze star war hero with decades of nothing but excellence in public service to start an investigation based on absolutely no evidence of wrong doing/false premises just so that they could snoop in every drawer to find any skeletons in the presidents closet. Also, the presidents national security advisor and his personal lawyer decided to plead guilty to crimes and started making up lies about the president to try to get leniency. Etc. etc.

I mean, Dr. Seuss on a 3 day acid trip couldn't write a story with more outlandish make believe fantasy.

Trump was elected to drain the swamp of both Democrats and Republicans so it is no wonder that many Republicans are against him, hence his low approval ratings. Unfortunately, Trump just can't overcome a swamp that was so deep that there is literally no way to drain it. The swamp is fighting back because they don't want to be drained. They want to get on with business as usual. Screw the voters.

Trump was elected to drain the swamp of both Democrats and Republicans so it is no wonder that many Republicans are against him, hence his low approval ratings. Unfortunately, Trump just can't overcome a swamp that was so deep that there is literally no way to drain it. The swamp is fighting back because they don't want to be drained. They want to get on with business as usual. Screw the voters.

So what you are saying is that the trump appointed deputy AG is really just a swamp creature and the bronze star winning war hero with decades of excellence in service to his country is just a swamp creature that is out to get the duly elected POTUS?

Why are you still in this country? It seems like you're saying that all of our government from top to bottom, all federal agencies, all the judges, all the justice department are all just monsters that hate the country and want to subvert our elections. Exactly how little do you think of our country? Why is it even worth "draining" if it's literally rotten to the core with no redeeming qualities?

Do you really believe the words you are saying? Do you understand the full consequences of what you're saying? The dude that paid out 25M because he defrauded americans with a fake university right before taking the presidency is the honest pillar of truth and fairness and the bronze star winning war hero who ran the FBI through 9/11 and is widely respected by all is really just a dirty filthy swamp creature? Do you really honestly believe that?

Stop with the mindless pablum of 'draining the swamp'. Trump IS the swamp, and he's trying to fill it deeper.

No, it would be the result of a criminal investigation.

The swamp is a term that means nothing to anyone but a Trump supporter. We call it our government, that same government that upholds the law. What we will see play out over the next few months will be a shock to his supporters. To the rest of the world, it will come as no surprise.

Broke campaign finance laws, lied about breaking them, covered up breaking them....

Trump is the last chance to break up the cabal running the government and this country. Hillary was the heir apparent, but the American people forgot to go along. It was supposed to be business as usual. Trump really screwed that up.

To some, it will always be a "witch hunt" no matter what they discover.

Just like the left defended Hillary during that "witch hunt" the right defends Trump in this one.

Is everyone prepared to conceed that all that Clinton Benghazi and email stuff was just a witch hunt? :roll:

I didn't think so.

I wouldn't expect the dems to act any different with Trump's "witch hunt."

All of the news just repeats itself.

But the lawyers, investigators, etc., are racking up the billable manhours.

Last edited:
Trump is the last chance to break up the cabal running the government and this country. Hillary was the heir apparent, but the American people forgot to go along. It was supposed to be business as usual. Trump really screwed that up.

Last chance seriously? Trump is and always has been feeding the so called swamp creatures. That means that Trump is part of the swamp and apparently played you.

To some, it will always be a "witch hunt" no matter what they discover.

Just like the left defended Hillary during that "witch hunt" the right defends Trump in this one.

Is everyone prepared to conceed that all that Clinton Benghazi and email stuff was just a witch hunt? :roll:

I didn't think so.

I wouldn't expect the dems to act any different with Trump's "witch hunt."

All of the news just repeats itself.

But the lawyers, investigators, etc., are racking up the billable manhours.

Except for the details, right? As in the details that Mueller is uncovering, and the lack of details that all those investigations into Hillary failed to find.

If it is a witch hunt, why is Cohen going to jail and singing like a canary ?

Except for the details, right? As in the details that Mueller is uncovering, and the lack of details that all those investigations into Hillary failed to find.

Well, if Trump skates away just like Hillary did, (right or wrong) then he will be just as innocent as she is. If his details lead to a different conclusion, he isn't.

We just don't know yet. I'm inclined to believe they got him by the balls, but I have learned, often what actually happens is just the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. For example: Trump winning the presidency.

It will all come out in the wash. Maybe soon. Maybe not. Just gotta tune in to the daily episodes. Much like a soap opera.

Well, if Trump skates away just like Hillary did, (right or wrong) then he will be just as innocent as she is. If his details lead to a different conclusion, he isn't.

We just don't know yet. I'm inclined to believe they got him by the balls, but I have learned, often what actually happens is just the exact opposite of what I thought would happen. For example: Trump winning the presidency.

It will all come out in the wash. Maybe soon. Maybe not. Just gotta tune in to the daily episodes. Much like a soap opera.

If there was anything I learned from my mom watching soaps, was that soon there will be a cat fight and the **** never ends.

Add to that watching sports with my dad; it isnt over until its over. As I see it Trump is down by a ****load, it would take a miracle to pull out a win at this stage of the game.

A witch hunt means you are looking for something that doesn't exist. For example, during the witch trials, women were tried and found guilty of witchcraft. Black magic doesn't exist. Magic doesn't exist. Thus when you are looking for practitioners of magic, you are looking for, and accusing people of something, that doesn't exist - and that is what is meant by a witch hunt.

In contrast, if the Mueller campaign does not find sufficient evidence to charge Trump with with crimes related to collusion with Russia during the 2016 campaign, but in the process of that investigation do find sufficient evidence to charge Trump with felony campaign finance law violations and / or felony obstruction of justice, then by definition it isn't a witch hunt because they found evidence of real crimes.

You cannot have a fair trial if you are charged with witchcraft. Are you saying you cannot have a fair trial if you are charged with obstruction of justice or felony campaign finance law violations?

A witch hunt means you are looking for something that doesn't exist.

I'm pretty sure it means falsely targeting someone. I think the target of a witch hunt is known at the onset. Women were targeted individually. It's wasn't random aside from instances of mold in effectively random locations.

I'm pretty sure it means falsely targeting someone. I think the target of a witch hunt is known at the onset. Women were targeted individually. It's wasn't random aside from instances of mold in effectively random locations.

It means falsely targeting someone with a crime that doesn't actually exist, and thus they cannot defend themselves from. If sufficient evidence to charge you with actual crimes is uncovered during an investigation, then by definition, it is not a witch hunt. For example, if you investigate me for tax fraud, and in the process of that investigation find sufficient evidence to charge me with felony narcotics distribution, that is hardly a witch hunt.

Doesn't matter if Mueller finds something. Doesn't matter if Mueller doesn't find something.

It's still a witch hunt.

Curious. We call it a witch hunt because we know there are no such things as witches that fly on brooms, et al. But if Mueller finds that Trump requested or approved Russian involvement in a US political campaign on his behalf in return for favors...

Back
Top Bottom