• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would It Be A Witch Hunt If

Would It Be A Witch Hunt If Mueller Finds Only That Trump Broke Campaign Finance Laws?

• Total voters
sigh...

Really...you should leave that alternate reality you found "Over that way" and join the rest of us in real life.

Your post is nothing but nonsense. All of it.

You seem to think that Trump is innocent of everything despite overwhelming proof, and has nothing but integrity and you blindly believe everything he says without question or proof, so I ask, which of us is living in an alternate reality?

It is amazing how many people have lined up and turned on Trump and commit crimes to hide his secrets. Trump considers cooperating with the authorities, not lying to the FBI, a betrayal of trust. When people who know you betray your trust by simply talking to the FBI it is a sure fire sign you are a criminal. When people can get reduced sentences for telling the FBI about your activities, you are a criminal. Trump is a criminal. That is the reality that is unfolding every single day. It is not even hidden any longer.

Doesn't matter if Mueller finds something. Doesn't matter if Mueller doesn't find something.

It's still a witch hunt.

That may be so, but if he finds witches like he already has, isn't it all for the upholding of law and order? Shouldn't we expect our President to be above board?

Would it be a witch hunt if the only thing Mueller found that Trump was guilty of was in breaking campaign finance laws and nothing else?

I think that it's a 'witch-hunt' if the motivation of the investigation is and was political in nature, regardless of the results. They could find out that he murdered someone, and it would still be a witch-hunt. Trump can be guilty of stuff and the investigation can be a witch-hunt all at the same time. We should be more worried about what he's guilty of, and what precedent that we set for future presidents.The current president has a knack for scandals, wrongdoings, and his own words not sticking to him. I hope that this does not become the norm.

You seem to think that Trump is innocent of everything despite overwhelming proof,

I think EVERY American is innocent until proven guilty.

Tell you what...take this mythical "overwhelming proof" you have to a court of law. Then we will find out if Trump is innocent or guilty of anything.

Until then, don't bother me with your alternate reality.

You are dismissed.

That may be so, but if he finds witches like he already has, isn't it all for the upholding of law and order? Shouldn't we expect our President to be above board?

None of the "witches" that Mueller has found needed Mueller to find them. Any rank and file DOJ prosecutor could have found and dealt with them. Heck, the tax crimes of Manafort and Cohen have been known for years. Same with Manafort's dealings with Turkey. This isn't stuff that Mueller "discovered".

Yes, I'm for upholding law and order. I am NOT for starting an investigation in search of a crime. That is what makes Mueller's investigation a witch hunt.

Tell you what...take this mythical "overwhelming proof" you have to a court of law. Then we will find out if Trump is innocent or guilty of anything.

You are dismissed.

That is a pathetic response. Your rebuttal to the possibility of the president doing anything wrong is that a court of law has not tried him yet. Well, for one thing, a POTUS being tried in court at all would be a monumental event, the likes of which we haven't seen in the entireity of the existance of our nation. Secondly, while, indeed, every American should get their day in court before suffering legal ramifications, that does nothing to prohibit a conversation on a web-forum about whether or not a man did or did not do a thing. You can't hide behind "Well, he hasn't be tried!" on this one, bub.

Well, he did play footsie with Stormy. But what does the Obama thing have to do with Trump’s contacts with Russia, it’s interference in our election, etc.?

That may be so, but if he finds witches like he already has, isn't it all for the upholding of law and order?
Funny, I think that's the same justification they used back in Salem when they murdered all of those women.

That is a pathetic response. Your rebuttal to the possibility of the president doing anything wrong is that a court of law has not tried him yet. Well, for one thing, a POTUS being tried in court at all would be a monumental event, the likes of which we haven't seen in the entireity of the existance of our nation. Secondly, while, indeed, every American should get their day in court before suffering legal ramifications, that does nothing to prohibit a conversation on a web-forum about whether or not a man did or did not do a thing. You can't hide behind "Well, he hasn't be tried!" on this one, bub.

"the possibility"???

The person I responded to said nothing about "possibility".

This is what he said:

If you know what it means then you know that this isn't a witch hunt. What is happening to Trump is a direct result of his illegal activities. You just refuse to accept that your Dear Leader is not as perfect as you dream of him being every night. He is a dirty, corrupts, perverted racist piece of **** who has undermined the integrity of the United States electoral process, colluded with a foreign government, illegally used campaigned finances, and blackmailed witnesses for starters. I expect more will come. It is not a witch hunt when the the federal government investigates the head of a large group of criminals.

There is no discussion here about "whether or not a man did or did not do a thing". The guy I was responding to has outright tried and convicted Trump...without a trial, I might add.

So, DH Kirkwood, take your "pathetic response" nonsense about my desire to afford the President the same "innocent until proven guilty" consideration that ALL Americans enjoy and put it where it fits best.

You are dismissed.

Trump has it set up so he can not be indicted right now. You are so full of **** and you know it. Your entire argument is nothing more than "nah uh pbbt".

I am NOT for starting an investigation in search of a crime. That is what makes Mueller's investigation a witch hunt.

And that's not what occurred. You've been made aware of this, why are you still lying about it?

FBI was already investigating a variety of crimes and potential crimes:

- Russia hacking the DNC and attempts to influence the election.
- Russian spy efforts related to the NRA and high ranking Republicans
- Flynn's dealings with Turkey
- Manaforts long history of trouble w/Ukraine

However, the Trump campaign decided to start lying publicly about their interactions with Russia, which according to Republican House member Trey Gowyd recently said:
Mr. Gowdy.Lying to the public is not, as we've established. But is it not evidence of intent and/or consciousness of guilt?
Suspicious, but still not a target...

When Trump decide to fire Comey because of Russia, it appeared that another crime took place, Obstruction of justice. This prompted the hiring of the special counsel.
Special counsel's mandate is clear, and they rolled up a number of those ongoing criminal investigations into their camp.

The reason the Special Counsel investigation hasn't been stopped by a Republican House, Senate, and Executive, is because it's legitimate. Trump's own Republican deputy AG decided to investigate Trump, and appointed another Republican, Mueller, to oversee it.

"the possibility"???

The person I responded to said nothing about "possibility".

This is what he said:

There is no discussion here about "whether or not a man did or did not do a thing". The guy I was responding to has outright tried and convicted Trump...without a trial, I might add.

So, DH Kirkwood, take your "pathetic response" nonsense about my desire to afford the President the same "innocent until proven guilty" consideration that ALL Americans enjoy and put it where it fits best.

The person you responded to has not convicted Donald Trump. Said person has not the power to do so. He is simply expressing an opinion that he is guilty. You can use known facts to contend with this person, but you can't stand on a soap-box and expect people to take you seriously based on 'Well every man should have his day in court'. That does not apply here.

So what you are saying is that the trump appointed deputy AG is really just a swamp creature and the bronze star winning war hero with decades of excellence in service to his country is just a swamp creature that is out to get the duly elected POTUS?

Why are you still in this country? It seems like you're saying that all of our government from top to bottom, all federal agencies, all the judges, all the justice department are all just monsters that hate the country and want to subvert our elections. Exactly how little do you think of our country? Why is it even worth "draining" if it's literally rotten to the core with no redeeming qualities?

Do you really believe the words you are saying? Do you understand the full consequences of what you're saying? The dude that paid out 25M because he defrauded americans with a fake university right before taking the presidency is the honest pillar of truth and fairness and the bronze star winning war hero who ran the FBI through 9/11 and is widely respected by all is really just a dirty filthy swamp creature? Do you really honestly believe that?

Fact is, the swamp is all around us. Trump wanted to drain it but then found the only people around to fill positions were swamp members.

Stop with the mindless pablum of 'draining the swamp'. Trump IS the swamp, and he's trying to fill it deeper.

Voters voted Trump to drain the swamp. Therefore, voters disagree with you.

No, it would be the result of a criminal investigation.

So you are saying that there is no such thing as a witch hunt? The people who were burned at the stake or hanged would disagree with you.

The swamp is a term that means nothing to anyone but a Trump supporter. We call it our government, that same government that upholds the law. What we will see play out over the next few months will be a shock to his supporters. To the rest of the world, it will come as no surprise.

The government has been a swamp for a very, very long time - around 20 trillion dollars ago.

Broke campaign finance laws, lied about breaking them, covered up breaking them....

In other words, no collusion with Russia to influence the election and no obstruction of justice.

So you are saying that there is no such thing as a witch hunt? The people who were burned at the stake or hanged would disagree with you.

Perhaps you could share with us the legal definition of "witch hunt." A legal precedent or legal guideline would be useful too.

Last chance seriously? Trump is and always has been feeding the so called swamp creatures. That means that Trump is part of the swamp and apparently played you.

Trouble is Trump wanted to drain the swamp but found the only people available to fill government positions were swamp members. Both Democrats and Republicans have had the system rigged for a very long time. The fix was in so that no one could drain the swamp, no matter how hard they tried.

Fact is, the swamp is all around us. Trump wanted to drain it but then found the only people around to fill positions were swamp members.

Think very, very hard on what you just said. You're excusing the fact that Trump filled his cabinet with the very people that he railed against during his campaign because 'those were the only people available!'

I find that very, very, very hard to beleive. I think that a man who (rightfully) slammed his opponent for her GS ties could have found cabinent members what were not involved with Goldman Sachs.

In other words, no collusion with Russia to influence the election and no obstruction of justice.

You don't know what is coming in the final report. Nice attempt to dodge, but it was a fail.

If it is a witch hunt, why is Cohen going to jail and singing like a canary ?

The investigation was never supposed to be out campaign finance violations, hence the witch hunt. In fact, the FEC is supposed to investigate them, not a special counsel.

Poor little snowflakes are what you and your whiny swamp thangs have become. Own it.

The left have been snowflakes since Nov 2016. Pure blizzard. Trump won and you still can't get over it.

Back
Top Bottom