• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out

DA60

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
'The traditional goal of a presidential nominee is to win the presidency and then serve as president.

Donald J. Trump is not a traditional candidate for president.

Presented in a recent interview with a scenario, floating around the political ether, in which the presumptive Republican nominee proves all the naysayers wrong, beats Hillary Clinton and wins the presidency, only to forgo the office as the ultimate walk-off winner, Mr. Trump flashed a mischievous smile.

“I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens,” he said minutes before leaving his Trump Tower office to fly to a campaign rally in New Hampshire.

It is, of course, entirely possible that Mr. Trump is playing coy to earn more news coverage. But the notion of the intensely competitive Mr. Trump’s being more interested in winning the presidency than serving as president is not exactly a foreign concept to close observers of this presidential race.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html?_r=0

Thoughts?

Additional - though highly biased - video about it here:

It doesn't matter because he's not going to win.

Wait and see.

:lol:

And one of you is going to be wrong.
You're both halfway there.
Keep going.

:)

I'm going to hang in there until after the election.

I predict that the other guy and some other losers will find better things to do with their time.

:lol:

How many people hang around and celebrate after they lose?

You don't see many losers at victory parties.

That's an ironclad fact.

Back
Top Bottom