• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would-be kidnapper chases woman...into karate dojo

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"There were still some kids in the dojo being picked up by parents and a couple of adult students cleaning up when a young lady came through our doors and stated that someone was trying to harm her," he told CNN.

"Shortly afterward, a big male entered the building," he said. "Not knowing what he wanted, I assumed he was inquiring about classes."

"I asked how I could assist him and he stated that he was there for the lady. She insisted that she did not know him and tried to kidnap her."

Ephraim said he asked the man to leave, but he stated he was not going anywhere. "He then tried to force himself further into the dojo, aggressively pushing and swinging," the instructor said.

"I then went into action defending myself and got him out of the dojo. Once outside he attempted to attack again and was dealt with accordingly."

The suspect also tried to assault police officers before he was arrested, WSOC reports.

He was taken to the hospital with injuries. There's no word on his condition at this point.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/us/woman-kidnap-karate-studio-charlotte-trnd/index.html

As a martial arts fan, the level of frustration in reading this article, on a scale of one to ten, is an eleven. Imagine watching your favorite Bruce Lee film and at every moment where a fight is about to happen, words fill the screen saying, "A kerfuffle ensues; injuries are sustained."

In any case, I'm reminded of some movie where some robbers go into a popular bar to hold it up and take the register. It's a fully-filled cop bar.

Sounds like a mental issue with this guy... but who knows, maybe she stole something of his and he was simply irrate about it, thinking poorly and she went away laughing her ass off... we can not always assume that the "victim" is really a victim.

Sounds like a mental issue with this guy... but who knows, maybe she stole something of his and he was simply irrate about it, thinking poorly and she went away laughing her ass off... we can not always assume that the "victim" is really a victim.

:roll: Good grief, Bod, my dear incel buddy. :lol:

Happy New Year. Be nicer to women in 2019.

You’ve had some astoundingly stupid takes lately. Everything OK?

Women love me... but now I have to look up "incel".

You’ve had some astoundingly stupid takes lately. Everything OK?

Yep... are all people that claim to be victims actually victims or do some lie about it?

True...but he was on private property, and refused to leave.

In case you didn't know, Bodhi seems to be be perpetually bored and randomly posts crap just to see how people react.

You simply can't take him seriously.

It's apparently a side effect of being in New Zealand.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/us/woman-kidnap-karate-studio-charlotte-trnd/index.html

As a martial arts fan, the level of frustration in reading this article, on a scale of one to ten, is an eleven. Imagine watching your favorite Bruce Lee film and at every moment where a fight is about to happen, words fill the screen saying, "A kerfuffle ensues; injuries are sustained."

In any case, I'm reminded of some movie where some robbers go into a popular bar to hold it up and take the register. It's a fully-filled cop bar.

TBH this is the kind of thing I always fantasized about happening back when I still did karate.

lol...you should. ;) :lol:

Wh... wha ... what?

Incel? Unable to get sexual partners and whine about it online? Definitely not me in either case... but nice try!!

Have you never experienced a person claiming to be victimized when they were really the bully or thief?

The guy did not get beat up because the woman was believed, he got beat up because he refused to leave when told to and got aggressive. Even if the woman was lying, the guy was wrong to not leave when told to. There are right ways and wrong ways to handle things. It helps to actually think about things before posting.

Oh, and it is "irate", not "irrate". Hope this helps.

In case you didn't know, Bodhi seems to be be perpetually bored and randomly posts crap just to see how people react.

You simply can't take him seriously.

It's apparently a side effect of being in New Zealand.

Oh, I know...that's why I wished him a Happy New Year, rather than going full SJW on his ass... ;) :lol:

Wh... wha ... what?

Incel? Unable to get sexual partners and whine about it online? Definitely not me in either case... but nice try!!

Have you never experienced a person claiming to be victimized when they were really the bully or thief?

No, you're an incel. Sex robots don't count. ;)

Regarding your second sentence: Yes! You, in your "male opt-out" thread. :lamo

The guy did not get beat up because the woman was believed, he got beat up because he refused to leave when told to and got aggressive. Even if the woman was lying, the guy was wrong to not leave when told to. There are right ways and wrong ways to handle things. It helps to actually think about things before posting.

Oh, and it is "irate", not "irrate". Hope this helps.

I don't care that the guy got beat up... perhaps had you realized that I said nothing of the kind you would not have posted such an idiotic post in the first place... :shrug:

No, you're an incel. Sex robots don't count. ;)

Regarding your second sentence: Yes! You, in your "male opt-out" thread. :lamo

Oooohhh... :lol:

Actually some really good smack, my incel friend.

I don't care that the guy got beat up... perhaps had you realized that I said nothing of the kind you would not have posted such an idiotic post in the first place... :shrug:

Then your whole first post was stupid. Nowhere does the source say the woman was not questioned by the police, so your assumption would then be really stupid. Idiotic even.

Then your whole first post was stupid. Nowhere does the source say the woman was not questioned by the police, so your assumption would then be really stupid. Idiotic even.

Nowhere did I say that she was not questioned by the police...

maybe she stole something of his and he was simply irrate about it, thinking poorly and she went away laughing her ass off... we can not always assume that the "victim" is really a victim.

I understand that you made a stupid post in an attempt to "get me"... but you failed and are beginning to get glances from people that thought your posts were worthy of respect and are now starting to rethink that opinion.

Wh... wha ... what?

NO, I havent

How often are you the victim?

:lamo

Back
Top Bottom