• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would Atheistic Academia Be More Accepting Of UFO Spirituality.

I see, so short of them producing an actual alien ,you don't trust the ever increasing leadings of science ( Harvard) , & government ( Pentagon ) enough in this regard that talking about the possible future ramifications is just to what , controversial , upsetting , scary . for you to even discuss?
Put on your big boy panties for just moment why don't you ?
If none of this merits any discussion, why do you think the United Nations sees fit to include instructions to all nations of how any contact with beings not of this planet are to be managed ?
You consider yourself wiser than the United Nations in this regard ?
I'm sure that post made sense in your head, but buggered if I can work out what you're trying to say.

I'm sure that post made sense in your head, but buggered if I can work out what you're trying to say.
It is really not complicated .
In fact in many ways we have already laid the groundwork for our worldwide compliance with greatly advanced beings of alien origin appearing on the scene .
Think about how ubiquitous in our culture the term " SAVE THE PLANET " has become ?
From grade schooler to grandparent .
Should a vastly advanced race of beings appear to us and prove to us that they have been in the " SAVE THE PLANET " business for trillions of years, and they will instruct us in what to do, do you see the majority of the world's nations getting on board to finally, and for certain " SAVE THE PLANET " or do you see the majority of the world's nations forming a coalition in favor of continued destruction of the planet's resources, atmosphere, and it's species .
You think the United Nation's recommendation to the world's nations would be to comply with instructions from these vastly superior beings that we all help " SAVE THE PLANET " ?
Or do you think the United Nations would choose to been seen as being in favor of the continued destruction of the planet and it's atmosphere ?

Last edited:
In fact in many ways we have already laid the groundwork for our worldwide compliance with greatly advanced beings of alien origin appearing on the scene .
Think about how ubiquitous in our culture the term " SAVE THE PLANET " has become ?
Should a vastly advanced race of beings appear to us and prove to us that they have been in the " SAVE THE PLANET " business for trillions of years, and they will instruct us in what to do, do you see the majority of the world's nations getting on board to finally, and for certain " SAVE THE PLANET " or do you see the majority of the world's nations forming a coalition in favor of continued destruction of the planet's resources, atmosphere, and it's species .
You think the United Nation's recommendation to the world's nations would be to comply with instructions from these vastly superior beings that we all help " SAVE THE PLANET " ?
Or do you think the United Nations would choose to been seen as being in favor of the continued destruction of the planet and it's atmosphere ?
In light of proven " SAVE THE PLANET " salvation from vastly superior aliens , do you really think the majority of the world's nations would choose to be seen as being in favor of this :

Really ?

Should a vastly advanced race of beings appear to us and prove to us that they have been in the " SAVE THE PLANET " business for trillions of years, and they will instruct us in what to do, do you see the majority of the world's nations getting on board to finally, and for certain " SAVE THE PLANET " or do you see the majority of the world's nations forming a coalition in favor of continued destruction of the planet's resources , atmosphere, and it's species .
So if Alien Spirituality was shown to us to be capable of "saving our planet " would the staunch atheistic contingent of high academia concede ?

I certainly think it's no accident that belief in extraterrestrials has risen as belief in God has declined. People need to believe in something, and belief in ET is considered intellectually respectable.

And If that " something " that was presented was a form of ego-stroking spirituality that siad " yes you can SAVE THE PLANET yourselves through your own power , let us show you this form of worship on a higher intellectual plane, they would be like moths to the flame in my estimation .

Given what you say then , why do you think this world's collective scientific community is willing to spend trillions & trillions of dollars and entire lifetimes in hopes & dreams of overcoming " unimaginable distances " and " speed of light limitation " in the hopes of finding any life at all ?
What is behind this insane quest if not the belief that we came overcome " unimaginable distances " & " speed of light limitations " and be successful going out into the universe and finding the alien life ourselves
If it is a reasonable expectation worth spending trillions and trillions of dollars for them why do you count out the rest of the universe as not sharing such a goal ?
Do you believe we are the most superior life forms in the universe and therefore are the only one capable of scouring the universe in search of alien life ?

We do not spend trillions on FTL travel.

The "scientific community" is absolutely NOT willing to throw vast sums of money at FTL travel unless there is a reasonable and viable model for achieving it.

Right now, there is no such model. That's why we're not spending "trillions and trillions" of dollars on FTL travel.

And If that " something " that was presented was a form of ego-stroking spirituality that siad " yes you can SAVE THE PLANET yourselves through your own power , let us show you this form of worship on a higher intellectual plane, they would be like moths to the flame in my estimation .
Yes, if the aliens have Literal Magic, it would be popular.

We do not spend trillions on FTL travel.

The "scientific community" is absolutely NOT willing to throw vast sums of money at FTL travel unless there is a reasonable and viable model for achieving it.

Right now, there is no such model. That's why we're not spending "trillions and trillions" of dollars on FTL travel.
How much has been spent just since the space shuttle era, to include our contributions to the space programs of other nations ?

Lol no. Scientology wasnt accepted so i dont think this will.

Atheists (me for one) don't buy any spoon-fed belief systems. That's why I gave up religion.

'Their' spirituality? You have no idea what they are.
I know pleeenty of atheists who are as gullible as theists, they just dont believe in a god.

as for UFOs, i think the whole little green men thing was a psyop (psychological op, not psychic) to distract from more real things that go on in there

nope. i think that we might be among the more primitive of advanced life forms. we can't even stop killing each other long enough to make a reasonable effort at getting out of the solar system other than Voyager, and we're potentially screwing up the planet like bacteria in a shake flask of LB.

that being said, i don't see a way that flying saucers can fold the universe in order to escape the fact that the speed of light is a hard limit. perhaps that means i'm not quite as advanced as i like to pretend to be. i just don't see a viable explanation for the crossing of those distances. i do see a lot of crackpots making up bullshit stories about aliens abducting people from highways in spaceships that look like whatever is in the movies at that time, though.
If we were to fold space/time, i’d hope we do it far enough away from earth.

If we were to fold space/time, i’d hope we do it far enough away from earth.
I've wondered what happens if some more advanced species goes for speed instead of folding and actually tears space time in the process. If that's even possible, of course.

So if President Biden's scientific initiative to make contact with alien beings of vastly superior Technological ability for the purpose of discovering if they are a "threat":

=================================================================================================

Defense Department Forms New Group to Examine 'Threats' Posed by UFOs​

BY AILA SLISCO ON 11/25/21 AT 6:27 PM EST
==================================================================================================
: is successful and contact is made, and it turns out that not only are they not threatening, at least for the moment, but pose themselves as seeking to help us save both humanity & the planet, would it then be feasible for the president to say:
"Thanks, but no thanks, but drop by again sometime when you're in the neighborhood "

Now that UFO life is proven to exist, all that is left is actual face to face contact.
If, or more likely when, contact is made, and obviously superior beings of these UFO's have a Spiritual nature that they were to communicate to us what do you think the majority response of the staunchly rock-ribbed Atheistic scientific community of this world would be to the spirituality presented by these obviously vastly superior beings ?
Why do you need to support spiritualism and a belief in a god?

Why do you need to support spiritualism and a belief in a god?
Having acknowledged the superiority of these beings beforehand, would they not be given more consideration ?

Having acknowledged the superiority of these beings beforehand, would they not be given more consideration ?
No. Why would they?

Why do you look for a creator? There is nothing scientifically that points to the existence of a sentient creator.

Back
Top Bottom