• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

would anyone be supportive of Trump being made Speaker of the House

Indydave

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Since it is now possible for the repubs to regain majority in the house would anyone support Trump be made speaker?......and what would be the ramifications

Sure!!.......... Why not????...Trump was an enormously effective president and I see no reason why he would not be a very effective Speaker of the House".....

DeSantis has to make a deal with Trump & give him any post he wants in the cabinet,
Trump as Secretary of Energy of Secretary of Homeland Security would be my hope.

Since it is now possible for the repubs to regain majority in the house would anyone support Trump be made speaker?......and what would be the ramifications
Trump as Speaker in a Republican majority House along with a Republican Senate majority and DeSantis in the WH would be the Democrat's biggest nightmare.

I say sure...bring it on.

It is a terrible idea as Trump would be a terrible speaker. He knows nothing about the legislative process. He is merely a bully. While the position does have twist arms, you still need to be a politician.

It is a terrible as Trump has massive legal problems. You would not want someone in the position that could be indicted for crimes against the state (crimes that would disqualify him for speaker) at any moment.

DeSantis has to make a deal with Trump & give him any post he wants in the cabinet,
Trump as Secretary of Energy of Secretary of Homeland Security would be my hope.
Trump is not going to serve in anyone's cabinet. He does not serve anybody. Moreover, that would be terrible idea for DeSantis to have him anywhere near his administration.

Though not everyone realizes this, including Trump, but his political career is over.

God, no. Republicans need to move on from the narcissist.

Trump isn't Speaker material. I'll wait for him to beat the crap out of creepy Joe in '24.

Trump would be in way over his head as speaker and I can't imagine anyone who actually supports him would want to watch him fail like that.

True.

But *I* want to see him fail like that.

Trump will not work for someone else or take any position he seems as not the top position of authority.

"When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total. And that's the way it's got to be. It's total."
- Donald Trump

He wouldn't work hard enough to do the job.

I don't because our country would suffer his ego taking huge blows.

Our country is already suffering from his crap, and he's been out of office for a year and a half.

I really just want to see him lose his shit on CSPAN when house members don't agree with him.

It is a terrible idea as Trump would be a terrible speaker. He knows nothing about the legislative process. He is merely a bully. While the position does have twist arms, you still need to be a politician.

It is a terrible as Trump has massive legal problems. You would not want someone in the position that could be indicted for crimes against the state (crimes that would disqualify him for speaker) at any moment.

Trump is not going to serve in anyone's cabinet. He does not serve anybody. Moreover, that would be terrible idea for DeSantis to have him anywhere near his administration.

Though not everyone realizes this, including Trump, but his political career is over.
many MAGA's think he not knowing anything about legislative process is what they want .....and his legal problems are apparently meaningless since he had a multitude of rape and assault charges before his potus run.....not to mention countless others he bought his way out of.......

Won't. Can't.
It's pretty clear that he could become SotH if R's elected him.

"But does the speaker have to be a member of the House? The Constitution is silent on that question, saying simply, "The House of Representatives shall chuse (sic) their Speaker and other Officers." The Clerk of the House agrees with the office of the House Historian, which says the speaker "has always been (but is not required to be) a House Member." Most historians and legal experts who've looked at this issue conclude the founders simply assumed the speaker would be drawn from among elected members."

It's pretty clear that he could become SotH if R's elected him.

"But does the speaker have to be a member of the House? The Constitution is silent on that question, saying simply, "The House of Representatives shall chuse (sic) their Speaker and other Officers." The Clerk of the House agrees with the office of the House Historian, which says the speaker "has always been (but is not required to be) a House Member." Most historians and legal experts who've looked at this issue conclude the founders simply assumed the speaker would be drawn from among elected members."

My comment was in response to those suggesting Republicans should move on from Trump.

They won't. They can't.

giphy.gif

I would be all for it. But, the Democrats will get the media out there propagandizing that it is somehow an "assault on demokrasuh" because the "norm" has been for the Speaker to be drawn from the elected members of the House. It would be an outrage to the mainstream media, and they would invent all sorts of proofs and factchecks to declare that Trump can't legally serve in that position, and then, of course, would come the rioting and the screaming-at-the-sky.... the Left will throw a tantrum to make 2016 look like a Love-in and they would immediately call for impeachment proceedings and they would declare it treason to oppose any such effort. LOL

Back
Top Bottom