• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would Americans really know who won the election?

pjohns

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am wondering if it is possible that Donald Trump might appear to be the winner on Election Day--and yet a plenitude of mail-in ballots (which Joe Biden is encouraging--the majority of which, presumably, would go for him) would later result, apparently, in his winning.

This, of course, would amount to chaos, as American would not really be sure just who had won the election.

Thoughts?

I am wondering if it is possible that Donald Trump might appear to be the winner on Election Day--and yet a plenitude of mail-in ballots (which Joe Biden is encouraging--the majority of which, presumably, would go for him) would later result, apparently, in his winning.

This, of course, would amount to chaos, as American would not really be sure just who had won the election.

Thoughts?

Why would it amount to chaos? Every election has mail-in ballots, when it's close the wait and count the mail-in ballots. For much of the history of this country, the results were not known for weeks.

Thoughts?

We have this process where we count the votes. I know it's a radical idea, but it works.

2 things:

1) The election will likely be very close - - there won't be any "landslide" victory as some pundits have predicted.

2) 34 states will NOT accept ballots that arrive in the mail after Election Day—even if they are postmarked before Election Day. So late mail-in ballots are not likely to change the outcome of the election.

Thoughts?

I'm really confused by your thought process. Genuinely.

i think there is a likely scenario where certain States will have higher vote counts for Trump initially, but won't be called until mail in ballots are counted.

I do think chaos will be inflicted if Trump himself is his usual tantrum like self and calls himself the winner in States before votes have been counted, which I fully anticipate happening, because I think he knows he has to cause confusion. I think he knows he is going to lose but wants to be able to say it was RIGGED like in 2016, so he can continue to claim he didn't really lose.

Why would it amount to chaos?

Probably because Trump supporters would feel that Biden had stolen the election; and Biden supporters would feel that the eventual result was the correct one.

I'm really confused by your thought process. Genuinely.

If that is "[g]enuinely" the case, you might want to see my subsequent post in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom