• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would a loss be the best outcome for the GOP if Trump is nominee?

Would a loss in November be best if Trump is nominee?

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
In your dreams. Lyin Ted now has to go back to work, we'll see how long he still has a job.

Your superhero doesn't need Cruz's voters like your's truly. I know Trump's got it in the bag by a landslide. Why Trump will even carry New York state over Hillary, right?

Your superhero doesn't need Cruz's voters like your's truly. I know Trump's got it in the bag by a landslide. Why Trump will even carry New York state over Hillary, right?

Sour grapes taste yucky.

Really, even the folks at RedState were saying Cruz had to drop out if he loses Indiana - or - lose his future as a conservative leader in the party.

Sour grapes taste yucky.

Really, even the folks at RedState were saying Cruz had to drop out if he loses Indiana - or - lose his future as a conservative leader in the party.

Cruz need to refocus his efforts to save the US Senate. If you want us to remember not to leave the top of the ballot blank, you'll drop the Lyin' Ted crap.

I think it's best to see what the actual outcome of the election is before people start trumpeting about win/lose scenarios.

You Dems shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. The GOP has already made that mistake in the current campaign :coffeepap:

I think it's best to see what the actual outcome of the election is before people start trumpeting about win/lose scenarios.

You Dems shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. The GOP has already made that mistake in the current campaign :coffeepap:

Either way, more Republicans in the Senate advances the conservative cause.

Would a Trump loss result in a stronger GOP long term?

In the much longer term yes. Only if the GOP uses it as a chance for a reformation. The union between Reaganism and Social Conservatism is dead and frankly Reaganism might be dead too (with Trump having pulled the trigger).

Hillary or trump...................bend over.

I would love to drink a beer and play golf with Donald, but I do not want him representing my country. But, I would rather have him over Hillary any day.

My thoughts exactly

Trump is a wildcard....I have zero idea what he really will do

With Hillary there is NO doubt in my mind

Back
Top Bottom