• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wotcha

iangb

Lurker
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Morning, all. I've been lurking here for a while now after seeing this place mentioned on 4forums - thought it was about time that I joined up.

I tend to post mainly on abortion issues, gun control issues, and anything science-based (from YEC to AGW), with a side dose of philosophy and theology. I'm an agnostic atheist, a relativist in almost all things and when I'm not online I teach physics to 11-18 year-olds.

I look forwards to having my ideas tested!

~Ian

Abortion and Gun Control are my bread and butter.

Where do you stand on them?

Abortion and Gun Control are my bread and butter.

Where do you stand on them?
To put it crudely... pro-choice, anti-gun. That doesn't do it justice, though.

Longer version: I'm pro-choice on the basis that 'personhood' is (before viability) a subjective term which everyone has their own views of - and it's not the State's job to legislate subjective morality. I'm anti-gun on the basis that widespread gun availability seems to be doing more harm than good - but I have no objection to gun ownership for sport/work purposes.

Morning, all. I've been lurking here for a while now after seeing this place mentioned on 4forums - thought it was about time that I joined up.

I tend to post mainly on abortion issues, gun control issues, and anything science-based (from YEC to AGW), with a side dose of philosophy and theology. I'm an agnostic atheist, a relativist in almost all things and when I'm not online I teach physics to 11-18 year-olds.

~Ian

Hello iangb. Nice to see you again.

independent_thinker2002-albums-piquechures-picture1302-welcome-debate-politics.gif

Longer version: I'm pro-choice on the basis that 'personhood' is (before viability) a subjective term which everyone has their own views of - and it's not the State's job to legislate subjective morality. I'm anti-gun on the basis that widespread gun availability seems to be doing more harm than good - but I have no objection to gun ownership for sport/work purposes.

Heh. Looks like I don't agree with you on a single damn thing. Welcome to the forums. :kitty:

Welcome. I am pro-gun, anti-abortion. We should have some interesting discussions in the future. :2wave:

welcbnr.gif

:tink: ~Tashah~

~Ian[/QUOTE

Hiya, Ian, nice to meetcha! Welcome to DP :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom