• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Worthless UN???

I think the problem with the UN is that they are unwilling/unable to enforce the sanctions they impose...that and the fact that they trun a blind eye to the rapes and murders committed by their own peacekeeping forces.

One must remember when discussing the merits of the UN that they do more than conflict prevention... they do have their shortfalls in that area but are worthwhile in some other areas.

One must remember when discussing the merits of the UN that they do more than conflict prevention... they do have their shortfalls in that area but are worthwhile in some other areas.

I would call turning a blind eye to it's peacekeepers a little more than a "Shortfall"

I would call turning a blind eye to it's peacekeepers a little more than a "Shortfall"

Perhaps "shortfall" is not a strong enough word, but even if peacekeeping missions were eliminated outright, it would not make the UN "worthless".

It would make it another charity.

The UN has a decent record in the realm of disease eradication and we can get access to in some areas of the world through them that we would otherwise not get.

Back
Top Bottom