• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Worst U.S. Presidents Poll.

Soviet_Guy

Banned
Reaction score
So I don't be " biased " :roll: I needed to ask first so the poll will get at least 100 vote ins. So lets hear it.

Last edited:
george w. bush is one of the worst so far

George is the worse so far. He is actually destroying our economy, loosing three thousand jobs a month to overseas workers and companies. He keeps using the words terrorist and terrorism, over and over like he did in his last speech, in order to trick us into supporting him while he destroys us. We are such dupes. Right wingers are adept at using an old psychological ploy. Repeat a lie over and over, and it soon become familiar and some dummies even come to believe the lies. :rofl

:shock:

Last edited:
Americans have such a low attention span George H. W. Bush, the father was a crap president, but what do some backward Americans do, lets elect the son, George W. Bush to be president.

Only sheep with limited intelligence make complex issues so simple by labeling them "liberals" or 'conservatives".

galenrox said:
1) Bush Part 2, Electric boogaloo
2) FDR
3) Carter
4) LBJ
5) Reagan

Are you a five iron frenzy fan? I love them!

1.FDR
2.Carter
3.Clinton
4.Jackson
5.Bush

galenrox said:
1) Bush Part 2, Electric boogaloo
2) FDR
3) Carter
4) LBJ
5) Reagan

Nixon doesn't even make the top five?

1.) Warren Harding- completely incompetent
2.) James Buchanan- Slept while the country burned
3.) Richard Nixon- Caught with hand in cookie jar
4.) Woodrow Wilson- screw up the peace so bad we had to fight the whole war over again.
5.) Warren G. Harding- increases in gov. spending lead to great depression. Allowed his cabinet to take over.

Pacridge said:
Nixon doesn't even make the top five?

1.) Warren Harding- completely incompetent
2.) James Buchanan- Slept while the country burned
3.) Richard Nixon- Caught with hand in cookie jar
4.) Woodrow Wilson- screw up the peace so bad we had to fight the whole war over again.
5.) Warren G. Harding- increases in gov. spending lead to great depression. Allowed his cabinet to take over.

I agree with you except I would put Clinton in as #4. As a result of his actions and lack of morals - our country has headed into a direction that we cannot return.

Children are having sex at young ages because he refused to call it sex.
Clarification: much more so that years past. It is almost considered normal for young girls to give the boys oral sex (and vice versa) - just because they are bored. After all, it's not sex right?

vauge said:
I agree with you except I would put Clinton in as #4. As a result of his actions and lack of morals - our country has headed into a direction that we cannot return.

Children are having sex at young ages because he refused to call it sex.
Clarification: much more so that years past. It is almost considered normal for young girls to give the boys oral sex (and vice versa) - just because they are bored. After all, it's not sex right?

Man you neo-cons really can blame every problem in America on Clinton. I think if you look at sexual behavior studies of teens the increase during and after the Clinton years isn't all that different then the increases before and after.

Who knows maybe he was the second gun man on the Grassy Knoll?

Yeah, seriously!

In no paticular order...

1. Herbert Hoover - Got the US into the Great Depression and didn't stop it when he saw what was going on.
2. Richard Nixon - Crook.
3. G.W.B - Liar, Retarded, Cheater
4. Ronald Reagan - Homeless Vets, etc...
5. Andrew Johnson - Lincoln's second VP, after took over led the country in the completely wrong direction with Reconstruction.

Andrew

Last edited:
Okay, so far I have, in no perticulair order:

Ronald Reagan
George W Bush
Andrew Johnson
Herbert Hoover
Richard Nixon
Jimmy Carter
William Clinton
Woodrow Wilson
Warren G. Harding
FDR?

Soviet_Guy said:
How about Gerald Ford?

I thought about him- a lot. It was kind of a toss up between him and Harding for my number five spot. In the end I went with Harding. Partly due to Harding's failures and lack of ability to be a leader. He truely let his cabinet run the country. They ran it into the ground. People blame hoover for the economic problems that the Harding's and Coolidge's admins passed on to him. Plus Ford, while a failure, didn't really do that much, good or bad.

Okay, my final question, Lyndon B Johnson, have you people forgotten about him? He most likely helped out in the Kennedy Assasination and started Vietnam and didn't finish it, I think that deserves some blame.

Pacridge said:

Errrr.........I realise my knowledge of American Presidents is hardly vast, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Wilson that first coined the idea of a parliament of nations thing, and it was his opposition in America that prevented the US taking more of an active role in maintaining world peace after that?

Plain old me said:
Errrr.........I realise my knowledge of American Presidents is hardly vast, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Wilson that first coined the idea of a parliament of nations thing, and it was his opposition in America that prevented the US taking more of an active role in maintaining world peace after that?

According to my college history prof. Wilson was really incompetent in gaining any support for any actions that would have solidify the peace in Europe after WWI. Of course you could be right. Everybody seems to see Presidential admins. differently. Look how vastly current opinions of Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush II differ.

Soviet_Guy said:
Okay, my final question, Lyndon B Johnson, have you people forgotten about him? He most likely helped out in the Kennedy Assasination and started Vietnam and didn't finish it, I think that deserves some blame.

I just have no idea where you get your information regarding US history. He neither started nor finished Vietnam. Plus, I seriously doubt he had any involvement in JFK's death. Though I suppose that does make interesting movie plots.

Pacridge said:
I just have no idea where you get your information regarding US history. He neither started nor finished Vietnam. Plus, I seriously doubt he had any involvement in JFK's death. Though I suppose that does make interesting movie plots.

Vietnam started in 1965 and ended in 1972 and Lyndon B Johnson served as President of the United States from 1963-1969. :cool:

1. Jimmy Carter
2. Lyndon Johnson
3. William Clinton
4. Richard Nixon
5. John Tyler

This wasn't easy because all these men had their good points.

Jimmy Carter had an appalling lack of understanding of foreign affairs, yet he's become an international ambassador due to his involvement in Habitat for Humanity.
Lyndon Johnson escalated the Viet Nam war. Additionally he gave us the "Great Society" which has done some very good things, but it has also left us with an entitlement attitude.
Pres. Clinton had a total lack of respect for the office he served - he was "in love" with the idea of being president. But at the same time his charisma was good for the country. If the presidency were solely a ceremonial position he'd be one of the best presidents ever.
Nixon gave us Watergate - I think this was the first we truly saw a president's failings - not that they weren't there before, but this was the first time they were the lead item on the nightly news. However, he also re-established relations with China and Russia.
John Tyler actually wasn't a bad president - I put him on my list because of things he did before and after his presidency. He was a strict constitutionalist and a state's rights advocate (things I have lots of respect for). However, as a congressman he voted against the Missouri Compromise and after his presidency he helped create the confederacy and served in the Confederate House of Representatives.

Soviet_Guy said:
Vietnam started in 1965 and ended in 1972 and Lyndon B Johnson served as President of the United States from 1963-1969. :cool:

I could see why you would look at it that way. US involvment increased under Johnson. However the war itself started in 1957. Here's a link so you can read up on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War#The_War_Begins

Hey Soviet Guy.

Maybe I'm wrong....but....wasn't Vietnam about Soviet aggression? Beating the reds? Correct me if I'm wrong...but...we won that one in the long run right? Just because Dems don't know how to prosecute a war (to wit, McNamara's decision to over fly SAM sites to bomb Hanoi). Just a little war college here junior, you take out the offensive weapons first, to wit, Gulf war, then you fly with impunity. Duh. Many fine Americans died there because Dems called the shots. To wit: Les Aspen and Mogadishu. Where were the Apaches? Class dismissed.

Pacridge said:
I could see why you would look at it that way. US involvment increased under Johnson. However the war itself started in 1957. Here's a link so you can read up on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War#The_War_Begins

The war in itself actually began in 1949 between France and the Vietnamese people but the point is that it was after Johnson that conscription came into play and what you had was people like Ali going to prison.

Back
Top Bottom