• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Worst rock lyrics

you're so much cooler when you leave it in your mouth/'cuz you look so much cuter with something in your mouth

More unbearable and irredeemable innuendo, this time from Nickelback. Seriously, how could anybody read this and not imagine a high school senior trying to pressure some freshman into having sex with them? Blecch.

Does "o-blah-dee, o-blah dah" count?

No! Mainly because I love the song, but also because Paul McCartney was referring to a street musician or band--Somebody and the Obladi Oblada Band.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a bad song but does anybody know any of the lyrics to Peter, Paul and Mary's "Lemon Tree" other than the refrain? It's one of those songs that got killed by a catchy refrain.

You can't leave the Beatles out. "Norwegian Wood" is definitely on the list.

Really?

I always liked that song. Some years ago an English professor broke it down into [I forget what he called the style] sections in which a story emerges, the question out standing is, where is the girl? And because of the cadence and tempo, the suggestion is she is dead and the fire is lit to hide the murder.

I agree though the song is too esoteric, but then Rubber Soul was an experimental album done about the time the boys where getting seriously into Acid.

Someone mentioned America, and I regret looking for their lyrics. The first thing I looked at was A Horse With No Name.

There were plants and birds and rocks and things

Stay away from drugs, kids! Otherwise, you might write a song like this...

You can't leave the Beatles out. "Norwegian Wood" is definitely on the list.

I love its melody. I always understood that he didn't get laid, but I didn't know for years that "Norwegian wood" meant el cheapo wood. Since Lennon's singing about cheating, I think it makes some sort of sense in that occasionally preferring hamburger to steak way.

No! Mainly because I love the song, but also because Paul McCartney was referring to a street musician or band--Somebody and the Obladi Oblada Band.

I did not say it wasn't a good song. It is, one of my favorites as is "being for the benefit of Mr. Kite". My point is that the lyrics are nonsense, but result in a great song

Really?

I always liked that song. Some years ago an English professor broke it down into [I forget what he called the style] sections in which a story emerges, the question out standing is, where is the girl? And because of the cadence and tempo, the suggestion is she is dead and the fire is lit to hide the murder.

I agree though the song is too esoteric, but then Rubber Soul was an experimental album done about the time the boys where getting seriously into Acid.

There's a middle ground with lyrics. If you have to think about it too much or don't have to think at all you doggone well better have a good beat to dance to or a good riff for air guitar.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a bad song but does anybody know any of the lyrics to Peter, Paul and Mary's "Lemon Tree" other than the refrain? It's one of those songs that got killed by a catchy refrain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eceRvPx3wrs

"when I was just a lad of ten
my father said to me
come along and take a lesson from the lovely lemon tree

Don't put your faith in love my boy
my father said to me
I fear you'll find that love is like the lovely lemon tree

A classic example - Deep Purple "My Woman From Tokyo". It's an awesome song but the lyrics are awful.

My woman from Tokyo
She makes me see
My woman from Tokyo
She's so good to me

T. Rex

Well you're dirty and sweet
Clad in black
Don't look back
And I love you
You're dirty and sweet oh yea
Well you're slim and you're weak
You got the teeth
Of the Hydra upon you
You're dirty sweet
And you're my girl
Get It On
Bang a gong
Get It On
You're built like a car
You got a hubcap
Diamond star halo
You're built like a car
Oh yeah
You're an untamed youth
That's the truth
With your cloak full of eagles
You're dirty sweet
And you're my girl
Well you're windy and wild
You got the blues
I'm your shoes and your stockings
You're windy and wild
Oh yeah
You're built like a car
You got a hubcap
Diamond star halo
You're dirty sweet
And you're my girl

What woman doesn't want to think she's built like a car?

Imagine the chaos that would unfold in "Worst rap lyrics"... it would be glorious.

Imagine the chaos that would unfold in "Worst rap lyrics"... it would be glorious.

Oh Jesus...I could go on a whole damn tirade about ****ty rap lyrics.

All I have to do is just pull up any one of Young Thug's songs.

Little grey men are coming this way.
Tastes just like chicken they say.

"50 Ways to Say Goodbye" ~ Train

Someday I’ll find a love like yours
She’ll think I’m Superman, not Super Minivan
How could you leave on Yom Kippur?

Back
Top Bottom