• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Worst Country Songs Of All Time

Those songs are the reason that the song "Murder on Music Row" was written and produced. It has been covered several times with the Alan Jackson and George Strait version making it up to #38 on the Billboard charts even though it was never released as a single.

Murder on Music Row - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: Another song in that same vein by Hank Williams III who can sound much more like his grandpa than his dad ever did.

Last edited:
Okie From Muskogee and Grandma Got Run Over By A Raindeer.

"She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"

/thread

Spoken:

The other day, I met a girl named Joy
She said, "Come here, I'm going to make you my Joy Boy"
Well, things went good, things went bad
Now every time I think of Joy it makes me sad

It makes me . . . sad

She said, "Roy, I'm going to make you my Joy Boy"
Well, she took me for a ride, sort of a joy ride
Now every time I think of Joy, I get all weird inside

Sung:

Joy to the world was a beautiful girl
But to me Joy meant only sorrow

Spoken:

Now, if you haven't got an answer, you'd never have a question
And if you never had a question, then you'd never have a problem
But if you never had a problem, well everyone would be happy
But if everyone was happy, there'd never be a love song

She said, "Come here, I'm going to make you all clammy inside"
Well, things went good, things went bad
Things went good and things went bad
Good, bad, good, bad, good, bad

Sung:

Hmmpf, half+ of the songs in that list aren't even what I'd call "country."

What is the criteria for making something a 'bad' country song? Most of the songs on that list are just fun songs. Maybe someone needs to stop sitting on corncobs and further shoving that stick up their ass, relax, and have a little fun. Red Solo Cup? are you ****ing kidding me? It started off as a jammed tour song that became popular becase it was fun. Sort of like 'I'll never Smoke Weed with Willie Again" and "The Taliban Song".

If you are looking to these as timeless country anthems...well...derrrr...no. But then, they werent SUPPOSED to be.

Definitely in my top three worst.

#1 (For me) Trace Adkins - Swing

Id say the problem has definitely been located.

OMG! Where do I begin?

Let's start here. ---->

Nothing from the Sylvester Stallone/Dolly Parton abomination "Rhinestone" made the list?

No list of worst country songs is complete that doesn't include every single song sung by Taylor Swift.

I guess the writer thinks Swift is more 'pop' than 'country.' Though the line between the two genres these days is definitely blurred.

Back
Top Bottom