• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Worst' charity for veterans run by VA employee

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
'Worst' charity for veterans run by VA employee - CNNPolitics.com

Washington (CNN)At first glance, the National Vietnam Veterans Foundation is a roaring success. According to its tax filings, the charity has received more than $29 million in donations from generous Americans from 2010 to 2014 for what it calls on its website "aiding, supporting and benefiting America's veterans and their families."
But look a little closer on those same filings and you can see that nearly all of those donations have been cycled back to telemarketers, leaving less than 2 percent for actual veterans and veterans' charitable causes.
That's why Charity Navigator, one of the nation's largest and most influential charity watchdog organizations, has given the charity a "zero" out of four stars for those same four years.
I cannot post what I think should happen to this individual.

Non profits are a heavily profitable segment of the market. I am hardly surprised by thise, and I will go ahead and say what you fear will get you in trouble.

I think the persons behind this should be raped most fouly, by gigantic penises, repeatedly, till blood is puked up, and then, after that, subject to a slow lobotomizing, while being eaten by ants.

It is so sad to hear about this sort of thing, but man is a lowly creature when his dark side asserts itself. I guess the money tempted him? :(

Less than 2 % is super low. Charities vary wildly depending n costs of employees, distribution etc, like for example a charity feeding starving kids in africa, might only have 30% of its donations to actual food, because shipping and employee costs sapped the rest of its money, but 2% there is zero justification for that.

"no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american public"

The guy driving a Rolls Royce on a government and charity salary was a nice touch, too.

It's hard to think of people who I'd put lower on the scale of humanity than guys like this (outside the obvious - murderers, rapists, etc.) It's not just theft - he's taking advantage of people's kindness to rip them off and line his own pockets, while giving a big F YOU! to the people he claims to want to help. I'd like to bury slime like this in prison....

Back
Top Bottom