• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Worried Residents Sue Minneapolis Leaders Over Crime Spike

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The state’s largest city faces a lawsuit for a crime spike amid calls to replace the police department. Two separate shootings Tuesday morning pushed the number of killings in Minneapolis to 49.

That’s one more death than in all of last year.

Worried Residents Sue Minneapolis Leaders Over Crime Spike – WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Minneapolis' productive citizens should just move to another city, and let that city collapse under the weight of its own arrogant stupidity. That goes for police officers too. I'm reminded of one liberal DP poster who originally hails from Minneapolis; she actually tried to argue with me that Minneapolis is one of the safest cities in America, and thus an example of how left leaning policies don't encourage or exacerbate crime. Ha. You will remain nameless female DP poster, but I do wish you would log in and explain to me wtf you were smoking back then.

The people who voted for liberal politicians to run that city made their bed and now let them lie in it.

Thank you. I'm glad to see you're doing well, with everything that's gone on this year. :peace

Minneapolis' productive citizens should just move to another city, and let that city collapse under the weight of its own arrogant stupidity. That goes for police officers too. I'm reminded of one liberal DP poster who originally hails from Minneapolis; she actually tried to argue with me that Minneapolis is one of the safest cities in America, and thus an example of how left leaning policies don't encourage or exacerbate crime. Ha. You will remain nameless female DP poster, but I do wish you would log in and explain to me wtf you were smoking back then.

I live in a near suburb of Minneapolis. Whoever told you it is a safe city is an idiot. I hope I worded that strongly enough.

I live in a near suburb of Minneapolis. Whoever told you it is a safe city is an idiot. I hope I worded that strongly enough.

Thank you for confirming that here. What is like now in the Minn metro area? I've seen very little effort by the media to show what the after effects of all that unrest has been.

No real protests. Lots of homeless camping in parks. Lots of shootings and crime. Light rail totally unsafe. A major idiot for a mayor in Minneapolis and St. Paul. City council voted to dismantle police department so they don't bother to hurry in to help. The governor of MN is a limp dick in an empty suit.
This is an example of a blm protest at the police unions president just outside town. Warning language spoken by the winner of the Democrat primary for state house.

Democrat candidate for Minnesota State House went crazy, screaming at neighborhood children - YouTube

Well lookie here - a Trump circle-jerk.

All of the rioting and the violence you're seeing wouldn't be happening if somebody like Donald Trump was in the White House.

Bravo to those residents.

But, yes, they should move to another city or state.

Dang! Will there be any safe city left in this country pretty soon?

What a tragedy to see the implosion of a once mighty and proud nation!

Oh, sure, it was inevitable. But that fact does not make it any easier to accept.

All of the rioting and the violence you're seeing wouldn't be happening if somebody like Donald Trump was in the White House.

Yada yada....it's all Trump's fault Democrat mayors can't control their cities....yada yada.

Get some new material. The latest Anti-Trump platitudes have hit their expiration date.

I went up to Minneapolis once. Landed and stayed night somewhere close to the airport. Somali's everywhere. The hotel was sketch not to bad. The drive to Owatonna MN was nice

You are making a ridiculous comment but you know that don't you?
Did it ever occur to you that looting and rioting should not occur regardless of who is president?
We can discuss the riots and looting that happend during the obama administration at a later time if you wish.

The rioting and looting in Minneapolis occurred because of the overreaction of a police arrest gone wrong, the lack of support for law enforcement to do their job by local and state politicians and the defund law enforcement narrative sparked by the Minneapolis city council.

I wonder what percentage of Minnesota's GDP comes from the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. Probably at least 3/4.

If Biden wins there will be 4 years of this.

I'm concerned that if they don't defund the police some innocent black man will be shot for pulling a knife or gun at a cop.

Back
Top Bottom