• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

World Series Prediction(from a Yankee fan).

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Alright, my favorite season is coming up and I am making a World Series prediction right now. One of three teams will win the series this year and it will go to the NL. The Penant will probably go to the Cubs this year and if not them it will either be Saint Louis or Houston.
-Here's my reasoning;
1) The last two WS champions were curse teams, Ludahai is going to be angry at me for stating that.;)
2) Baseball is a sport based on superstition and for good reason, no one can really explain many of the non-statistic variables that occur, like two curse teams in a row coming out of nowhere to win a WS, or the idea of being due against a certain pitcher, etc.
3) Let's face it, all three of the teams mentioned are due and in the interest of fair play I have seen my team win at four penants just in my adult life and even though I'm a Yankee lifer, I feel that I will see a few more, other fans deserve to get a taste too. Right Ludahai:mrgreen:
and
4) I hope I am right about this because baseball is a great sport and having a streak of teams that are due taking a penant will bring a whole new energy to us the old fans and the young fans on the fence of this sport as well. It would be a great thing for baseball in general and even though I am a Yankee fan for life, I love the game of baseball a half a notch more.

What do you all think?
Ludahai?:2wave:

* for those who don't know, I called out the L man because he's a Red Sox fan and it's kind of an inside joke that we trade barbs about our teams.

I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan myself... Can't really explain it cause I've lived in Florida most all my life. Except to say I hate the Yankees. This is undoubtedly the biggest and best rivalry in baseball. Now the most of my fav's from Boston have defected. I'm up in the air on this and usually don't commit a hopeful till mid-season. Going out on a limb though hopeful and bias, I'm going with the Fl. teams.

Apostle13 said:
I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan myself... Can't really explain it cause I've lived in Florida most all my life. Except to say I hate the Yankees. This is undoubtedly the biggest and best rivalry in baseball. Now the most of my fav's from Boston have defected. I'm up in the air on this and usually don't commit a hopeful till mid-season. Going out on a limb though hopeful and bias, I'm going with the Fl. teams.
As much as I hate the Bosox I have a little respect for their current lineup, they have a good shot this season, the Yankees as well, but for some reason I just can't shake the feeling that it will be the Cubs this year. I don't think the Fl. teams are going to do much this season, but anything can happen in baseball. My one fan's prayer though is that we have a great season that rivals or outdoes last year's, man that was great baseball.

LaMidRighter said:
As much as I hate the Bosox I have a little respect for their current lineup, they have a good shot this season, the Yankees as well, but for some reason I just can't shake the feeling that it will be the Cubs this year. I don't think the Fl. teams are going to do much this season, but anything can happen in baseball. My one fan's prayer though is that we have a great season that rivals or outdoes last year's, man that was great baseball.

I would love to see the Cubs do well this year, even as a Cardinal fan, but I unfortunately, their starting pitching is suspect. Kerry Wood is great when he's on, but when's the last time he HASN'T been injured?

I'll be pulling for the Cards this year, but their starting pitching scares me, too right along with their bullpen. Yes, they have Carpenter & Mulder, but Suppan and the rest of their staff just isn't that high of a quality.

reaganburch said:
I would love to see the Cubs do well this year, even as a Cardinal fan, but I unfortunately, their starting pitching is suspect. Kerry Wood is great when he's on, but when's the last time he HASN'T been injured?
Good point, but the thing I love about baseball is it is always full of surprises, like the rise and fall of the Orioles last season, talk about an "out of thin air" start.

I'll be pulling for the Cards this year, but their starting pitching scares me, too right along with their bullpen. Yes, they have Carpenter & Mulder, but Suppan and the rest of their staff just isn't that high of a quality.
I don't know what will happen with the Cards, but can only assume that hitting will pull them through. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom