• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

World reacts with surprise, worry to 1st Biden-Trump debate

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://apnews.com/article/election...japanese-yen-68ee6e1d6d3ae065afb37968fca52f6b</div>

GENEVA (AP) — Head-scratching perplexity about U.S. democracy in Australia and Denmark. Disdain for “chaos” and “insults” between America’s presidential contenders in a Chinese Communist Party tabloid. A European market watcher’s warning of a “credibility deficit” in U.S. politics amid fears that a long tradition of peaceful, amicable transfer of power could be in jeopardy.

Many across the world looked on largely aghast as the first debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden devolved into a verbal slugfest short on substance but heavy with implications for America’s international image.

Emotions and adjectives ran the gamut but few observers appeared to come away thinking that the last remaining superpower could rise above its bitter partisan rancor as the election looms barely a month away.
=====================================================
All democracies have failed & degenerated into totalitarian states: Greece, Rome & so on. We appear to be heading to the same end.

Meanwhile in Canada...

giphy.gif

https://apnews.com/article/election...japanese-yen-68ee6e1d6d3ae065afb37968fca52f6b</div>

GENEVA (AP) — Head-scratching perplexity about U.S. democracy in Australia and Denmark. Disdain for “chaos” and “insults” between America’s presidential contenders in a Chinese Communist Party tabloid. A European market watcher’s warning of a “credibility deficit” in U.S. politics amid fears that a long tradition of peaceful, amicable transfer of power could be in jeopardy.

Many across the world looked on largely aghast as the first debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden devolved into a verbal slugfest short on substance but heavy with implications for America’s international image.

Emotions and adjectives ran the gamut but few observers appeared to come away thinking that the last remaining superpower could rise above its bitter partisan rancor as the election looms barely a month away.
All democracies have failed & degenerated into totalitarian states: Greece, Rome & so on. We appear to be heading to the same end.
Lol I cannot believe you are insinuating that we should be embarrassed because a Chinese Communist tabloid published negative comments about the debate.

This is extremely telling.

Lol I cannot believe you are insinuating that we should be embarrassed because a Chinese Communist tabloid published negative comments about the debate.

Not just in China.... Last night America showed its ass to the entire world.

Maybe we can do better in 2024

The fact that you aren't embarrassed as an American is extremely telling.

Everybody outside the Far Right who watched trump's performance last night was horrified at it. Everybody.

The "president" embarrassed not just himself but this entire nation. 😟

I spoke with one of my colleagues in Geneva this morning. He said everyone was talking about it today. And not in a "good for Trump" way. I reminded him for the 27th time that I didn't vote for Trump.

It’s laughable to suggest that any other countries have a better calibre of politician....most politicians are seen as less trust worthy than secondhand car salesmen....everywhere lol . At least Trump is an interesting politician ...not an establishment stooge/drone like Biden.

It’s laughable to suggest that any other countries have a better calibre of politician....most politicians are seen as less trust worthy than secondhand car salesmen....everywhere lol . At least Trump is an interesting politician ...not an establishment stooge/drone like Biden.
You don't think Trump is part of the establishment?

The "debate" last night was not the first sign that the international community was given that the current President of the United States is an embarrassment to this country. He has been showing that for the entire time that he has been in office. Only the most stupid people can have failed to notice his ignorance, boorish manners, and disregard for democracy. I am glad that sometimes he has provided me with some amusement with his antics, such as when Queen Elizabeth was taking him to inspect her Guard of Honor and he cut her off and walked in front in front of her.

I hope that Tangmo has seen the video of this.

Trump supporters are a clear and present danger to America
Well from over here it looks like leftists/progressives are causing most of the trouble....in progressive cities. Maybe I’m missing something lol.

The "debate" last night was not the first sign that the international community was given that the current President of the United States is an embarrassment to this country. He has been showing that for the entire time that he has been in office. Only the most stupid people can have failed to notice his ignorance, boorish manners, and disregard for democracy. I am glad that sometimes he has provided me with some amusement with his antics, such as when he Queen Elizabeth was taking him to inspect her Guard of Honor and he cut her off and walked in front in front of her.

I hope that Tangmo his seen the video of this.

Most people in the U.K. were not in the slightest bit offended by such a minor faux pas...I doubt if the Queen gave a shit either....

Trump supporters are a clear and present danger to America

They believe that America is a clear and present danger to them. That's what attracts them to an asshole who fans these flames and tricks them into thinking that he is the only person that can save them from cultural genocide.

Well from over here it looks like leftists/progressives are causing most of the trouble....in progressive cities. Maybe I’m missing something lol.

Perhaps it takes a fellow leftist/progressive leader to bring them under control. What is abundantly clear is that the current Republican leader cannot.

Perhaps it takes a fellow leftist/progressive leader to bring them under control. What is abundantly clear is that the current Republican leader cannot.
The progressive left have been a disaster for the U.K....they are very divisive....obsessed with identity politics.

Trump supporters think a wealthy, New York real estate developer isn't a member of the establishment? LOL

The "debate" last night was not the first sign that the international community was given that the current President of the United States is an embarrassment to this country. He has been showing that for the entire time that he has been in office. Only the most stupid people can have failed to notice his ignorance, boorish manners, and disregard for democracy. I am glad that sometimes he has provided me with some amusement with his antics, such as when Queen Elizabeth was taking him to inspect her Guard of Honor and he cut her off and walked in front in front of her.

I hope that Tangmo has seen the video of this.

....then later in the visit:

476C1F5A-E02C-4B2E-BD0C-E1151F35B664.jpeg

Generally it’s progressive leftists who constantly talk about subjects like race...it’s a real giveaway to their innate racism...and hatred for those that disagree with them on any subject.

Trump supporters think a wealthy, New York real estate developer isn't a member of the establishment? LOL
Only a leftist would define the establishment by wealth alone. I could win the lottery tomorrow ...would that automatically make me part of the establishment ?

The progressive left have been a disaster for the U.K....they are very divisive....obsessed with identity politics.

In the U.S. identity politics seems to be par for the course.

2ec1cc45-Capture.png

Back
Top Bottom