• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

World condemns Gaza flotilla raid, Israel says aid convoy 'had weapons on board'

Phantom

John Schnatter 2012
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

RussiaToday said:
International condemnation is growing after the Israeli Navy attacked a flotilla of ships carrying humanitarian aid and peace activists to Gaza. Reports say up to 20 people were killed and dozens injured as Israeli commandos stormed the vessels over a hundred kilometres off Gaza's coast. Some of the ships are now being towed to the Israeli port city of Ashdod.

Last edited:
It is past high time that the world established a "united nations" or a "league of nations" to solve these problems.
America , nor Israel should have to do this. Someone is lying about these events as to who is at fault.
Its even a lie about the "world" condemning... I did not even know about this, but I do know about the "oil spill".
Man should try "honesty" for a change.

Last edited:
If they were peaceful activists why were Israeli soldiers hurt?

Same bull**** as with Honduras.

They were attacked in international waters. The activists defended themselves. They have the right to do this.

But what did they defend themselves with? Why did they have weapons on the ship in the first place if they were heading into Gaza, where they knew full well there was a blockade?

Oh, and how do YOU know if they "were attacked" before or after they "defended" themselves? Were you on the boat?

Last edited:
Defend themslves from what? I would say they were terrorist wanting to kill Jews. In order to defend yourself you must be afraid of being harmed there is no evidence the Israelis wantd to harm anyone.

Defend themslves from what? I would say they were terrorist wanting to kill Jews. In order to defend yourself you must be afraid of being harmed there is no evidence the Israelis wantd to harm anyone.
it would appear you do not know about the armed IDF soldiers who assaulted the vessel using ropes dropped from hovering helicopters to illegally board the ship in international waters

it would appear you do not know about the armed IDF soldiers who assaulted the vessel using ropes

Sorry, ropes are not an "assault" unless they were used to whip the crew on board.

justabubba said:
dropped from hovering helicopters to illegally board the ship in international waters

These guys knew full well about the blockade when they set off for Gaza. They knew full well they were going to be boarded just like every other Gaza-bound ship. If they "defended" themselves from that with physical force, then this is 100% the flotilla's fault.

Last edited:
But what did they defend themselves with? Why did they have weapons on the ship in the first place if they were heading into Gaza, where they knew full well there was a blockade?

Oh, and how do YOU know if they "were attacked" before or after they "defended" themselves? Were you on the boat?

No, but neither were you and if you don't see the obvious aggression in boarding a boat on international waters with guns, then your either blind or purposefully deceiving yourself.

Sorry, ropes are not an "assault" unless they were used to whip the crew on board.
apologies if i confused you. in the military 'air assault' training is that which teaches soldiers to conduct an assault using ropes lofted from rotary wing aircraft

These guys knew full well about the blockade when they set off for Gaza. They knew full well they were going to be boarded just like every other Gaza-bound ship. If they "defended" themselves from that with physical force, then this is 100% the flotilla's fault.
in your view those who were aboard the ship outside of israeli waters being assaulted by the israeli forces were wrong to defend themselves from such assault by armed soldiers
you do realize that you are advocating cowardice - don't you?

No, but neither were you

That's correct, but I'm not the one criticizing the activists without more information. You, however, are more than happy to reflexively condemn Israel. Although I'm waiting for more information before rendering any judgment, I will say that the Israeli side of the story seems a lot more plausible to me than the crew's side of the story. Let's compare:

Side A: Israel stops six ships heading into Gaza, per their normal procedure. Five stop and are searched by Israel without incident. The sixth refuses to stop because it contained weapons, and is forcibly boarded. The crew, knowing that the weapons would be seized, decided to defend them with force. Israel then returned fire.

Side B: Israel stops six ships heading into Gaza, per their normal procedure. Five stop and are searched by Israel without incident. The sixth refuses to stop out of "principle" even though it didn't have any weapons, and is forcibly boarded. Israel opens fire on this particular crew for no reason whatsoever, even though they stop ships hundreds of times every day. The crew then defended themselves against the "attack" with, umm, weapons.

FinnMacCool said:
and if you don't see the obvious aggression in boarding a boat on international waters with guns, then your either blind or purposefully deceiving yourself.

There was a blockade in place. The crew knew this ahead of time; it's not like this was highly out of the ordinary and they didn't anticipate it. If they CHOSE to run the blockade and then fight back when Israel boarded, then it is their fault.

in your view those who were aboard the ship outside of israeli waters being assaulted by the israeli forces were wrong to defend themselves from such assault by armed soldiers
you do realize that you are advocating cowardice - don't you?

I'm saying that the crew had every reason in the world to believe that they would be stopped just like every other ship, and made a choice to put themselves in that situation. At the very least, they clearly WANTED to incite trouble so they could "defend" themselves. That isn't bravery, it's being morons.

Last edited:
I'm saying that the crew had every reason in the world to believe that they would be stopped just like every other ship, and made a choice to put themselves in that situation. At the very least, they clearly WANTED to incite trouble so they could "defend" themselves. That isn't bravery, it's being morons.

you have to wonder why 1 ship out of 6 from the same flotilla would react violently. Apparently the other 5 ships encountered no such problem with the Israelis. To me, that makes the one ship where this violence occured suspect.

you have to wonder why 1 ship out of 6 from the same flotilla would react violently. Apparently the other 5 ships encountered no such problem with the Israelis. To me, that makes the one ship where this violence occured suspect.

Exactly 5 of the ships were decoy's for the 6th ship which was trying to smuggle weapons to the Muslim terrorist pigs in Gaza

apologies if i confused you. in the military 'air assault' training is that which teaches soldiers to conduct an assault using ropes lofted from rotary wing aircraft

So the US Coast guard conducts resuce and boarding missions with ropes. Does that count as an assault as well, since its ropes dangling from an aircraft?

It's nice to see the world so ready to enact international justice :) Now when are they going to punish Turkey, Iran, and Iraq for the treatment of the Kurds? When are they going to punish the KSA for their treatment of women and non Muslims? The world has a microscope focused solely on Israel and they will try and dig up the most microscopic blemish and try to use it against them. The full story is that the boats refused to go through the necessary check points needed to enter Gaza, and when the boats were searched they found weapons. Had Israel not done with there would be more weapons in Gaza and in the hands of the Hamas terrorists. If anything the world should be praising Israel for preventing terrorist from being supplied and for doing the military action necessary to protect their citizens.

I don't think they sailed in hopes they would be shot and killed by Israelis.

Nope. As I see it, there are three potential reasons why they sailed:
A: They wanted to deliver illegal weapons to the Gaza Strip.
B: They wanted to shoot and kill Israelis.
C: They wanted to draw attention to their cause by intentionally creating an incident.

These are the only three explanations that make any sense, and none of them exactly paint a picture of an innocent flotilla being attacked without provocation.

Whatever, Yes Whatever, there are so much trouble in the Middle East and the World, these people need to sit down around a peaceful table and get their Acts together !!!!
When will they ever learn ??? The answer is blowing in the wind ???

I think Israel was within its full right to do what it did, knowing that the vessel was headed for the blockade. The issue wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't know that the West was supporting Israel. It bothers me that the resources of our nations are being put towards blockades, apartheid, and detention of my own countrymen in international waters.

Israel can do what it wants. I just wish my country wasn't providing the money and arms to do it.

FinnMacCool;1058779727[B said:
]I don't think they sailed in hopes they would be shot and killed by Israelis[/B].

My suspicion is that is exactly what they did.....

No, but neither were you and if you don't see the obvious aggression in boarding a boat on international waters with guns, then your either blind or purposefully deceiving yourself.

Actually, what shows true self-deception is for young kids to support vicious, Jew hating racists with ties to Al Qaeda under the misapprehension that they are somehow standing AGAINST Nazis by doing so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom